Diablo® III

From GW2 to TL2, cuz D3 has better forums

[quote]
You mean people didn't buy gear in D1, and people didn't buy gear in D2? Are you this naive to think the rmah concept won't exist if blizzard didn't implement it?

You dont seem to understand what i am saying.

Players in diablo 1, 2 and 3, can buy things from other players in diablo 1, 2, 3. in guildwars 2 players are able pay the makes of guild wars 2 cash money to advance.

Thats the difference, and imho worse.

People complain that d3 is all about the RMAH and how you cant win without the RMAH.

You literally cant do things in Guildwars 2 without someone spending moeny. Can open certain chest without keys. Can unlock storage space without using gems.

Guildwars 2 tradingpost is worse then the diablo auction house.

1. You pay Arenanet money to buy gems, not coin.
2. The gems you have can be traded to other players for coin.
3. The coins you have then buy items from the trading post, ALSO from other players.

Levels also don't mean much in the context of that game. It's trivial to reach level 80.

Sure, you can reach level 80 through crafting alone, but you didn't actually Advance anything other than crafting.

Now,
09/24/2012 01:45 PMPosted by chasa619
You literally cant do things in Guildwars 2 without someone spending moeny

A blatant lie. Coins can be converted to Gems.

Canopen certain chest without keys

The equivalent to the locked Black Lion Chests are exactly like TF2's locked Crates.

Enjoy your spiralling inflation then.
Reply Quote
I'd rather play Diablo...Its not fun to just run around and kill things mindlessly.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mutually+exclusive
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman
I have notices, about the time of release, Everyone was bailing on D3 for GW2 since D3 was broken, couldnt be fixed, and sucked while GW2 was the best thing to hit pc since D2. Well I now think that everyone has come back after they realized the GW2 was a more socially dependent game, and after everyone got 5 chars to max lvl, and saw that NOBODY did ANYTHING endgame, they decided to give it up. I mean, whats the point of lvling your char for 2 days to lvl 80, if you were just gonna go to an area and try to solo an event and get your !@# handed to you by a lvl 15 mob? Seriously? Level 80 getting pwned by some prissy little 15 mob? Get real. So you all came rushing back to D3, which was still fun, and still gave you a reason to play.

And now? Now we have TL2 on the horizon, a game thats supposed to be at least more comparable to D3. Now I wont say anything about TL2 since I only played a demo of the first on 360. I will say, if they stuck with the cheesy graphics, horrible loot system, and carbon-copy D2 skill system, I wouldnt want to play some Diablo clone. I'd rather play Diablo. BTW...what I mean by horrible loot system, in TL, by half way through the game, I had my endgame gear, and I was invincible. I dont like being invincible. Its not fun to just run around and kill things mindlessly. If thats why you wanna play TL2, then by all means, go back to your GTA style killing, I'll stick with my UberTrist style challenges.

On top of all this? for some reason, you come back to the D3 forums...I gotta wonder why?

----HUGE EDIT/ADD-ON------

Ok, first off, I dont have a lvl 80 GW2 char, never have, prolly never will. The game feeds off of a HUGE need for a community, and if there isnt enough people playing, or nearby, or in the map, group events become the same kind of brick wall that a bad combo elite is in D3. Ever tried doing the Fire Elemental in the Asura starting area with 5 people? Yeah, not possible. My best char is a lvl 37 guardian, and next to him is a 34 ranger. Dont get me wrong, the game is fun, but its way to dependent on the community, and once the game has died off, as it has now, there arent enough people online to do anything fun.

On another note, I may not have a lvl 80 char in two days, but I know many who had a lvl 80 char within the first week, multiple for that matter. Its called crafting, and it lvls you faster than anything else ingame. I have in my guild 6 lvl 80s each with like 200+ craftng in 4-5 craft skills. Real money played a HUGE part in their lvling, since you can buy gems, use gems for currency trade, then buy all the matts you need to craft till lvl 80. Its just as bad, if not WORSE than D3 RMAH.

Those same people complained to no end in guild chat that there wasnt anyone doing any endgame dungeons, that they felt like the game was a wasteland after lvl 30, and it wasnt fun anymore. They were complaining like that from day 1 till day yesterday, when I logged on to spend some influence to expand the guild stash...that cave thingy. They were begging me to take some mats out of the guild stash, and power lvl to do some end game dungeons with them.

Gw2 is a pvp game. you pvp at the end...
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman

1. You pay Arenanet money to buy gems, not coin.
2. The gems you have can be traded to other players for coin.
3. The coins you have then buy items from the trading post, ALSO from other players.

Levels also don't mean much in the context of that game. It's trivial to reach level 80.

Sure, you can reach level 80 through crafting alone, but you didn't actually Advance anything other than crafting.

Now,

A blatant lie. Coins can be converted to Gems.

[quote]Canopen certain chest without keys

The equivalent to the locked Black Lion Chests are exactly like TF2's locked Crates.

Enjoy your spiralling inflation then.

You can't trade gems to other players in the sense I think you mean. You can convert them to in game currency with a fluxuating market values. As for the chests, no. TL2 you find a bad guy who you kill and he has a key. Know how many black iron chests I have in my bank? 104. How many keys have I gotten? 5. Don't get me wrong. I love GW2, but just pointing out that you're wrong.

as for the person saying you need to spend money for upgrades anything etc, you can convert your gold to gems and upgrade that way. I have on several characters. I spent money, but that was just to support their fine product and bought some minis. Never bought an upgrade.
Edited by Thorrand#1646 on 9/24/2012 3:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
TF2, not TL2.

Team Fortress locked crates.

Also, I'm not incorrect, when you convert coin -> Gem, you're actually getting the gems from other players that are converting Gem -> Coin, not having them created out of nothingness. They share the same pool.
Reply Quote
TF2, not TL2.

Team Fortress locked crates.

Also, I'm not incorrect, when you convert coin -> Gem, you're actually getting the gems from other players that are converting Gem -> Coin, not having them created out of nothingness. They share the same pool.

How's that even possible I played on Headstart launch and I traded myself 100 gems in already ,wtf you talking about, with just ingame gold. that was on first day aug25. i got my first gem on august 24th couple hours before midnight. but i mean if that's true then people were already pouring money into GW2 then LOL.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 9/24/2012 4:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/24/2012 10:51 AMPosted by Zalm
On top of all this? for some reason, you come back to the D3 forums...I gotta wonder why?

Forumcraft is fun derp. plus seeing everyone flame at how bad TL2 is and praise how great D3 is, is very funny. why aren't we on the TL2 forums because everyone there is going ohhh good job, or going ohhh great game ty devs, the ones saying anything like TL2 SUCKSSHIET and whatnot just get ignored it's no fun, here everyone's like HAHA D3 ROCKS TL2 IS BAD ZOMGBAD CARTOON GRAPHICS IS EVERYTHING HORRID.

Sorry OP what are you talking about feeilng invincible end game ? As far as I'm concerned you're brainwashed by D3, You beat Normal difficulty you've beaten D3. It's just a DIFFICULTY setting, oh nightmare? what? I ran the same build from normal -> end of hell in d3, it was fking unbelievably linear.
Inferno is end game? LOL inferno is endgame 4th time through buddy, most people play a game once and quit after they've beaten one difficulty, diablo3 just brainwashes you into thinking that there's more content past each difficulty which in reality isn't really. it's just a few more sticks with numbers here and there and some mobs that got some glowing effects.

If you're playing TL2 on veteran difficulty and said it was easy you're stupid because i guess you missed the difficulty setting under it called "Elite" idiots.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 9/24/2012 4:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/24/2012 04:08 PMPosted by KradisZ
How's that even possible I played on Headstart launch and I traded myself 100 gems in already ,wtf you talking about, with just ingame gold. that was on first day aug25. i got my first gem on august 24th couple hours before midnight. but i mean if that's true then people were already pouring money into GW2 then LOL.

yes they were, people were spending real money to buy mats to level up and get the best gear.

a legit level 80 with level 80 gear will destroy a upgraded level 40(level 80 stats) with level 40 gear. So buy being able to buy your way to the top, as well as pay cash for Def boosts, health boosts, crit boosts, Gw2 is a pay 2 win game.
Reply Quote
*peeks at profile* ahh.. that explains it... /thread

on a more serious note, you didn't even complete inferno, most of the people have completed it PRE PATCH when it was really hard, and since then its been the same old thing for these players.

*LOGIN*
*CHECK AH*
*OPEN AN ACT 3 GAME*
*VENDOR EVERYTHING*
*LOG OUT*

sorry dude, you'll get there one day

This can be said for every game:

You play CoD/BF?
1) Lauch game
2) Fire some bullets
3) Get a shiny weapon
4) log out

You play fifa/nhl/sport games?
1) Lauch game
2) score some glitch goals
3) get a shiny jersey/stick/shoe
4) log out

You play WoW/TL2/D3/Any mmo
1) Lauch game
2) Grind some exp
3) logout

It's all the same.

Call of Duty 4:
Log on. All my friends play World at War.
Play for a while.
Quit because I have no friends online.
Log on. All my friends play MW2.
Play for a while.
Put in MW2 and talk to all my friends about how great CoD4 was and how the new games don't compar, but how we are forced to play MW2+ because they no longer support CoD4 and let cheaters run rampant.

Diablo 2 (4 days ago):
Log on.
7 friends online.
Play for a while.
Oh.
It's morning already.
Go to bed.

Torchlight 2:
Log on.
Fall asleep because I played it all night.
Wake up.
Where the !@#$ am I ingame?! ?!? :D
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 06:58 AMPosted by Orion
I have in my guild 6 lvl 80s each with like 200+ craftng in 4-5 craft skills. Real money played a HUGE part in their lvling, since you can buy gems, use gems for currency trade, then buy all the matts you need to craft till lvl 80. Its just as bad, if not WORSE than D3 RMAH.

What you seem to forgetting is that GW2 is an MMO and D3 isn't

they need to make micro transactions because there is no subscription fee

How else are they supposed to pay the server bills and provide more content?

And don't bring up how D3 has to do the same because it is NOT an MMO and about 95% of the people who bought it did not want an always online drm

They should only be making money off of CONTENT installments. And there are games out there that wont even charge for that.

d3 doesnt have microtransactions.

there is a fee when transfering real money made to a real bank account(fun fact, that process is not free in the real world) as well as a $1 fee when transfering funds to your b-net account.

if a $1 fee anytime you MAKE money is getting your panties in a twist maybe you should stop playing games.

As a player, you never, not a single time, pay blizzard money for anything, all your money goes to the player you bought items from, and that player gets charged a fee to transfer that real money around, which does take resources which need to be recouped.

This is not what i would call a money grab, as so many of you trolls want to call it.
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 07:58 AMPosted by Orion
You're completely wrong. When i sold 28m gold i was charged 30% of the amount i made. Not 1 dollar. And i never even transferred the money out of my blizz account. What exactly am i paying for?

what you are paying for are the transfer fees of money ACTUAL REAL WORLD MONEY from one person to another, THAT IS NOT A FREE PROCESS.

Go try and wire money to someone, ill wait. go ahead go to western union and wire some money. Guess what, they charge you to do that.

Jesus !@#$ing christ, CHILDREN these days have no concept of how the actual real world works. They think everyhting is jersey shore and twilite.
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 06:19 AMPosted by chasa619

yes they were, people were spending real money to buy mats to level up and get the best gear.

a legit level 80 with level 80 gear will destroy a upgraded level 40(level 80 stats) with level 40 gear. So buy being able to buy your way to the top, as well as pay cash for Def boosts, health boosts, crit boosts, Gw2 is a pay 2 win game.

are you referring to PvE or PvP, because PvE those don't amount to anything other than a speedup and for PvP it doesn't amount to anything. which in terms isn't pay 2 win.
Reply Quote
You're completely wrong. When i sold 28m gold i was charged 30% of the amount i made. Not 1 dollar. And i never even transferred the money out of my blizz account. What exactly am i paying for?

what you are paying for are the transfer fees of money ACTUAL REAL WORLD MONEY from one person to another, THAT IS NOT A FREE PROCESS.

Go try and wire money to someone, ill wait. go ahead go to western union and wire some money. Guess what, they charge you to do that.

Jesus !@#$ing christ, CHILDREN these days have no concept of how the actual real world works. They think everyhting is jersey shore and twilite.

So the same percentage of gold is taken when you sell something because...?
Edited by Frigidus#1612 on 9/25/2012 4:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]