Diablo® III

Pimp your WW barb for 1.0.5 Budget build!

Hi guys,

A lot of you WW barbs who are on a tight budget are considering quitting the game, respeccing or changing to a different class once the 1.0.5 patch hits. Considering that Blizzard has pretty much only allowed top geared WW barbs to remain untouched by the LOH and fury gen change.

Well I thought I would help you guys out and make budget WW barbs that will be viable in 1.0.5!

For 1.7 million I made this barb with the following stats:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2w2274i.jpg

Proof of purchases:

http://i45.tinypic.com/33ngoqp.jpg

65kDPS (with wotb)
30K HP
7.9% Lifesteal
616 All Res
785 Phys Res
994 Fire res
Crit Chance 58.5 Buffed
275 LOH
37% chance dodge loled

I was able farm pretty easily. I did die a couple times as you can see in the chat due to me being reckless and thinking I was wearing my real gear lol.

With these stats it takes a little more concentration to farm, and you can still considerably WW through molten etc. In my opinion with 1.7mil worth of gear I'd probably just skip the ranged elite packs, the moon clan occulists and fallen firemages.

I feel maybe with 2.5m budget that could get 35kHP so you wouldn't be so squishy.

Prices (200k tip or whatever you feel):

2MIL

- Similar stats to the above (if not better)

10MIL

-80K DPS wotb
-35kHP
700 AR +
900 Fire+
800 Phys+
7%LS
300-400LOH

20M +

90KDPS wotb
40KHP
700 AR +
900 Fire+
800 Phys+
7%LS
300-400LOH

50M
100KDPS wotb
45KHP
750 AR +
900 Fire+
800 Phys+
7%LS
300-400LOH

Could do even more but who knows.

Unless you guys want me to suggest upgrades for each of your pieces then let me know :)
Edited by itstylerj#6966 on 9/23/2012 4:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi, can you give me suggestion that how can i play 1.05 without any difficulty? thank you so much
Reply Quote
09/23/2012 04:34 AMPosted by ProKiller
Hi, can you give me suggestion that how can i play 1.05 without any difficulty? thank you so much

Sure, great gear by the way. The improvements you will need are attack speed and Lifesteal.
Attack speed why? More fury procs to increase the coefficient.
Lifesteal why? Loh nerf :(

Having lifesteal on both your belt and one of your weapons should do fine with 200kdps.

So around 5% lifesteal should be good. just say you get 2.7 on each.

5.4 Lifesteal = 5.4*0.2*200000/100= 2160 LOH

For attack speed:
Removing the attack speed from the belt and changing it onto something like the Wailing host ring would be a good substitute.
In my opinion lacuni prowlers are a good option with crit and AR. They provide the attack speed and movement speed. This creates more fury procs which will be needed in 1.0.5. having say 70str on lacunis with the 9% AS will substitute that 100str lost.

Your passive bloodthirst won't be needed and you can switch that too animosity when it gets buffed, or boon of bul kathos.

If you got trifecta rings, you could then lose some STR on your pants and go for 100+ vitality. This way you can then get an amulet with the stats you have with Attack speed - the vitality. And you didnt even lose any dps! :)

Substitution can be done with your gear quite well.
Edited by itstylerj#6966 on 9/23/2012 4:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/23/2012 04:50 AMPosted by itstylerj

Sure, great gear by the way. The improvements you will need are attack speed and Lifesteal.
Attack speed why? More fury procs to increase the coefficient.
Lifesteal why? Loh nerf :(

Having lifesteal on both your belt and one of your weapons should do fine with 200kdps.

So around 5% lifesteal should be good. just say you get 2.7 on each.

5.4 Lifesteal = 5.4*0.2*200000/100= 2160 LOH

For attack speed:
Removing the attack speed from the belt and changing it onto something like the Wailing host ring would be a good substitute.
In my opinion lacuni prowlers are a good option with crit and AR. They provide the attack speed and movement speed. This creates more fury procs which will be needed in 1.0.5. having say 70str on lacunis with the 9% AS will substitute that 100str lost.

Your passive bloodthirst won't be needed and you can switch that too animosity when it gets buffed, or boon of bul kathos.

If you got trifecta rings, you could then lose some STR on your pants and go for 100+ vitality. This way you can then get an amulet with the stats you have with Attack speed - the vitality. And you didnt even lose any dps! :)

Substitution can be done with your gear quite well.

Thanks for advice, life steal 3% from bloodthrist is currently enough for me due to my high dps. It is hard for me to change my weapons and belt because they are goddy cant find similar one.
But I will consider to change my bracer to lacuni powler. it is very good for barb but also quite expensive.

Thank you again
Reply Quote
Thanks for advice, life steal 3% from bloodthrist is currently enough for me due to my high dps. It is hard for me to change my weapons and belt because they are goddy cant find similar one.
But I will consider to change my bracer to lacuni powler. it is very good for barb but also quite expensive.

Thank you again

You will need more procs, and that means attack speed. So say you get a sword in your offhand with similar stats with lifesteal. You could get a IK belt, lose the CD and AS and then instead of the wailing host ring switch that to a trifecta ring.

You still have plenty of time to find the right gear for these if you wanted to :)

Glad to help!
Reply Quote
Prokiller if you cant faceroll with that gear then i dont know what can help
Reply Quote
Interesting post... but most of the items are actually bought when some idiot puts its too cheap.
So u cant say for 100% that we all can gear our barbars with 2mil budged.
Take for example now 1k barbarians trys to do this... not even half of them will be able.
But yeah, for the beginning it might help, but who knows if we people will be able to play with this on 1.0.5, u might say we can... but consider thous stats in the 1.0.4 it gives u a hard game, and if in 1.0.5 its nerfed it will be harder.
And buffed with 60k dps -_-' cant really farm well in act3, better do act2 for better gear then go act3 not? But imo the biggest problem in the 1.0.5 patch wont be the nerf, but that the prices for barbarian gear is going so hard up. So u cant say a barbarian will be able to gear this good up in the following patch anyways.

EDIT: @ prokiller... i got 100times worst gear then u and lower stats. I face roll the whole act3 in 50min without dying.
You should consider that not your gear is bad but your skill.
Go watch some life stream better :)
EDITx2: @ prokiller - i took a closer look to your gear.
1 suggestion, sell your expensive rings and buy a normal amulet/ring.
i got ~18mil worth ring that gives 200loh(skull grasp) and got a good amulet that gives me 400loh(ouroboros) so in total i got 600loh and can survive without problems with this amount. Selling the rings ( or just 1 ) might cost u some dps ( if u sell litany u might even get tons of dps from a good 20mil skull drasp), but i think 200loh on your currently gear will be a great boost. You probably will lose a lot of dps if u swich to a better amulet, coz a not over priced amulet with avarage dmg/str/crit chance/loh might be better then the extra 2.5 crit chance and 60crti dmg as u already have a huge crit dmg.
Edited by Weightless#2800 on 9/23/2012 5:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Weightless I don't think you understand what patch 1.0.5 is doing to LOH.

Lowered proc coeffecient by 60% means that 2k LOH will effectively be 800LOH.
Meaning Lifesteal will be king in 1.0.5.
Reply Quote
Interesting post... but most of the items are actually bought when some idiot puts its too cheap.
So u cant say for 100% that we all can gear our barbars with 2mil budged.
Take for example now 1k barbarians trys to do this... not even half of them will be able.
But yeah, for the beginning it might help, but who knows if we people will be able to play with this on 1.0.5, u might say we can... but consider thous stats in the 1.0.4 it gives u a hard game, and if in 1.0.5 its nerfed it will be harder.
And buffed with 60k dps -_-' cant really farm well in act3, better do act2 for better gear then go act3 not? But imo the biggest problem in the 1.0.5 patch wont be the nerf, but that the prices for barbarian gear is going so hard up. So u cant say a barbarian will be able to gear this good up in the following patch anyways.
Tks for advice. The problem is I am not sure 3% of life steal is still enough for me to run 1.05 or not? if not, I need to sacrifice my dps to improve defense or LS. For defense, I consider to use a good shield as offhand. For LS, try to find offhand weapon have 3% life steal.
EDIT: @ prokiller... i got 100times worst gear then u and lower stats. I face roll the whole act3 in 50min without dying.
You should consider that not your gear is bad but your skill.
Go watch some life stream better :)
EDITx2: @ prokiller - i took a closer look to your gear.
1 suggestion, sell your expensive rings and buy a normal amulet/ring.
i got ~18mil worth ring that gives 200loh(skull grasp) and got a good amulet that gives me 400loh(ouroboros) so in total i got 600loh and can survive without problems with this amount. Selling the rings ( or just 1 ) might cost u some dps ( if u sell litany u might even get tons of dps from a good 20mil skull drasp), but i think 200loh on your currently gear will be a great boost. You probably will lose a lot of dps if u swich to a better amulet, coz a not over priced amulet with avarage dmg/str/crit chance/loh might be better then the extra 2.5 crit chance and 60crti dmg as u already have a huge crit dmg.
Reply Quote
how can i further improve my barb?
Reply Quote
Weightless I don't think you understand what patch 1.0.5 is doing to LOH.

Lowered proc coeffecient by 60% means that 2k LOH will effectively be 800LOH.
Meaning Lifesteal will be king in 1.0.5.

as i saw the proc was lowered only on the sprint tornades not on the ww, or em i wrong?
with the ww and 600loh u can stay alive easy. + u can drop 1 passive and take +3% life steal, should keep u alive actually.
Edited by Weightless#2800 on 9/23/2012 6:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/23/2012 05:57 AMPosted by Ninowbu
how can i further improve my barb?

-Lifesteal belt
-change those rings to crit chance with AS and whatever stats you can afford
-an axe in the mainhand when you can afford it.

To be prepared for 1.0.5 your going to need to stack AS and lifesteal
Reply Quote
as i saw the proc was lowered only on the sprint tornades not on the ww, or em i wrong?
with the ww and 600loh u can stay alive easy. + u can drop 1 passive and take +3% life steal, should keep u alive actually.

WW only gives one tick of LOH. 600LOH? You won't be able to ww through molten+ electrified/ reflect damage if its that low. 600LOH after 1.0.5 will be 240LOH....

You probably wouldn't want to switch out ruthless or weapons master for bloodthirst. I tried the PTR and fury regen is less then half. So having the crit is essential.
Edited by itstylerj#6966 on 9/23/2012 6:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote

WW only gives one tick of LOH. 600LOH? You won't be able to ww through molten+ electrified/ reflect damage if its that low. 600LOH after 1.0.5 will be 240LOH....

You probably wouldn't want to switch out ruthless or weapons master for bloodthirst. I tried the PTR and fury regen is less then half. So having the crit is essential.

i thought to change the superstition for life steal. +for fury u use might weapon n000t?
i just changed my mace for a bad might weapon and lost 14k dps, and i still can do a nice face roll and my fury is mostly full all the time.
Reply Quote
I'm creating a new barb that will be ready shortly. What can you do with a 100m budget?
Reply Quote
Ha. Try getting past 100k dps unbuffed with 50m. Pretty hard considering everything that'll put you past that mark costs like 25m
Reply Quote
What should I change to be able to farm comfortably in 1.05? :D Thanks
Reply Quote
I can't decide on what I should get, could use some help picking a direction to go with my barb
Reply Quote
Should I be switching to a Mighty Weapon MH with LS? Basically I should be getting LS on my MH/OF/belt? So about 7% LS will keep me alive?
Reply Quote
Hi itstylerj,

Thank you for this thread. Do you think I will be fine in 1.0.5? What are some improvements that I can make?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]