Diablo® III

Pimp your WW barb for 1.0.5 Budget build!

Pimp my barb?
Reply Quote
09/23/2012 06:58 AMPosted by Vizo
I'm creating a new barb that will be ready shortly. What can you do with a 100m budget?

I'm not too sure actually. I think base stats of 35-40khp, 750 ar, 100kdps. For something like that I'd have to use a spreadsheet while purchasing the items. Would take me a couple of days to find the right gear.

09/23/2012 07:24 AMPosted by dlavga
What should I change to be able to farm comfortably in 1.05? :D Thanks

Your going to have a really rough time when the patch hits. You need to increase your dps and lifesteal/attack speed. You could do a makeover for your gear for pretty cheap. Get a Lifesteal MH with crit and str. I bought the one in the picture for 200k.

09/23/2012 07:35 AMPosted by SeppukufOu
I can't decide on what I should get, could use some help picking a direction to go with my barb

Tank barbs won't be affected by the patch so you should be alright. You want to be increasing your dps now. my suggestion would be to find a 3 socket chest and put rubys in them and finding crit chance on your amulet and gloves. Movement speed on your boots to be more agile and also an axe in mh to get more attack speed. Also a helm with a socket so you can put an xp gem in there or having that 18% life is great.

09/23/2012 07:35 AMPosted by SeppukufOu
I can't decide on what I should get, could use some help picking a direction to go with my barb

I've just done some testing. I wanted to know if mighty weapons are a good option after the patch. So i stacked attack speed and used a good mighty mh. My results were crazy, i was actually gaining TOO much fury to keep my wotb up. When the patch hits thats a 60% reduction in fury gain, so I assume half of the value would be something normal like using an axe/mace now.

In my opinion it's all down to preference. If you don't like to be fury starved and you don't have a problem farming the lower monster level range then that's fine. On the other hand if you want to farm the higher monster levels I would rather go with the highest dps axe you can afford and stack attack speed.

You don't need LS on MH since that can get expensive to find your RLTW raw damage weapon. I would suggest a high dps sword (stat sticks won't be good anymore for monster level) or a dagger with lifesteal. A good belt too. My suggestion would be a IK belt so you have 2pc bonus seeing as you have the helm already :)

100-120kdps in wotb should be enough to sustain with 5% LS. If not, then i would recommend switching out nerves to bloodthirst or something to get 8%.

Hi itstylerj,

Thank you for this thread. Do you think I will be fine in 1.0.5? What are some improvements that I can make?

My suggestions are to switch out your rings to attack speed and crit chance, if you can afford trifecta great, if not avg damage is a great substitute. Also your MH doesn't need lifesteal. You want to get as much damage as you can from RLTW. So go for the highest dps MH with CD and socket you can afford. You need to stack attack speed to be prepared for 1.0.5! You have IK gloves which i believe are not BiS, so i'd go for rare gloves with attack speed and Crit and AR or CD if you can afford it. 2PC IK is mandatory for a good barb but 3pc isn't really needed if you have the resists. + you already have melee R helm.

09/23/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Valeyard
Pimp my barb?
Just add me :)
Reply Quote
Just wondering will i be fine. =)

I getting IK belt later for LS. with weapon, it's over 7%. Just worry that the proc rate will make me fury suffocate.
Reply Quote
If you had any advice for me for post 1.0.5 act 3 runs, I would really appreciate it!
Reply Quote
i have a budget ww barb. i think i may have to take out some loh and get life steal. let me know what you think to get ready for 1.0.5
Reply Quote
Just wondering will i be fine. =)

I getting IK belt later for LS. with weapon, it's over 7%. Just worry that the proc rate will make me fury suffocate.

You might be, IK belt is a good choice. Although because your attack speed isn't in the 1.9-2.2 range with dual wielding you might get fury starved. I personally think dual wielding is better to get more fury procs.

09/23/2012 10:36 PMPosted by BoxOnWheels
If you had any advice for me for post 1.0.5 act 3 runs, I would really appreciate it!

You might want to increase your attack speed where applicable. So getting a mace, on rings, amulet etc. I see your using the sever for full life on kill it's great option, but you might have a harder time when it comes to elites post 1.0.5. So i would probably get a dagger with LS.

09/23/2012 10:39 PMPosted by zhangzheng
i have a budget ww barb. i think i may have to take out some loh and get life steal. let me know what you think to get ready for 1.0.5

I would change the main hands, to axe+ dagger with LS. Gloves with str, attack speed and crit chance. CD is less effective then attack speed. In my opinion 80kdps with wotb beserker with 7% Lifesteal is equivalent to 1100k loh. You should really look into increasing your str. Mainly on your chest, try and get a 3 socket chest, with decent stats. you can get pretty crazy vitality on pants if you need to substitute. Also STR and Crit chance on your amulet is great.
Edited by itstylerj#6966 on 9/24/2012 12:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
any suggestions for me? Ignore my MF helm, I got a basic IK helm to swap into for 1.05...
Reply Quote
Can i get some opinions on my gear. Ive got 100 mill to spend and could sell a handful of expensive items i have stashed away.

Im lacking in defense so im thinking of replacing one of my rings or possibly my amulet. Thats very expensive to do in order to get all res and not lose too much dps. I cant figure out whats most important atm to my dps, IAS, Str, CHC, CHD, or raw dmg. If i could figure that out i could more easily figure out what to replace and what to replace it with.

Im also considering upgrading my bracer or shoulders. I would get a pair of lacuni bracers but the IAS doesnt make up for the loss in stats. Im thinking i might want to drop one of my rings for an oculus ring for the stat bonus and then go back to my legacy zuni boots or lacuni bracers since that way i would making up for the stat loss. I would still have to slowly shift my gear around tho.

Sorry if i seem a bit too geared to be asking these dumb questions but i was just forced to take a break from the game and was working very hard so i feel like a newb again like this whole game has been flushed out of my brain thanks to all the computer work lol.
Edited by TheMadHatta#1511 on 9/24/2012 1:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Im new to the WW spec, would like to get your thoughts on my current gear and how best to upgrade towards 1.05. I have something like 14m atm i think lol.

Should i ditch the 200dps offhands? I have another one (dagger) with 3ls 95cd os and vit as an alternate but crap dps also lol.
Reply Quote
I added you inGame so you could gear my warrior for 1.0.5

I will tips dont worry :)
the budget would be around 25 to 50 million
Reply Quote
Any suggestions for my barb and what I can do to make it more viable in 1.0.5? Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
Hey thx for this thread. Id like some suggestions as to what gear upgrades I should invest in for the new patch. My budget is 11mil.

thx

I will tip u 100k for any helpful advice.
Reply Quote
Hi

im really disappointed in my barb,

tried MP 10 no chance go down immediately
tried MP 8 better but still sucks
MP 6 is doable but its really challenging

but i still used my Sever, Sever Sucks at 1.0.5 (selling it right now)
With my sever i was at 83k dps (unbuffed, but with Ruthless)

I have 140 mil budget.

Whats the most important upgrade i should consider?
is LS so much better then LoH?
Should i up my Resistances or concentrate on LS?
Really Really want to get an Axe to get the 10% crit from Weapon Master, but i think i should keep using the Mighty Weapon for the Fury.
What do you think? 10%Crit = more dps = more LS ???
Is it worth the loss of fury?
Is there something i can do about Reflect DMG?
When i whirl into a Reflect DMG Mob with WOTB, i die instantly

I really want to play MP 10, should be possible with 130 mil, right?

So pls "PIMP MY BARB"

Here is my Profile i'm on EU
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Scr4tch-2917/hero/760586
Edited by Scr4tch#2917 on 9/26/2012 5:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi itstylerj, can you help me by telling me which upgrades i could make with 22m !!!

Here's my current gears http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dalx-1337/

Thank you..
Reply Quote
Can you review me, I only have 1mil to spend
Reply Quote
Is this thread still live? I think I need help with my barb for 1.05. Can you try to upgrade my DPS and HP without touching the three IK parts and suggest what to replace and sell on my barb. Currently I only have 30M. Thanks a bunch.
Reply Quote
@Itylerj

Can you please give me some advice to improve my WW barb in the new patch? You seem to have a really good grasp and attention to detail. Personally I just play for fun and entertainment so I lack that detailed view that you have. On the other hand I am seriously concerned that the new patch will take away a majority of my enjoyment. I spent about 30,il on my barb and over paid on much of my gear. I dont really want to do that again. I dont really have a lot of time for research and all that because of my life style. Anyway I also dont know how to link you my charactor to look at so I very sorry but you might need to look at my toon through the game idk. Villainstone#1128.

At any rate if you could provide me with even the slightest bit of help with the fear I will need in the new patch to keep the fun factor worth playing the game I would seriously appreciate it. I only have 4mil so I fear I will be seriously limited. Thanks again itstylerj.
Reply Quote
Sorry for the late reply to those who posted 2 days ago. Have been really busy.

09/24/2012 12:37 AMPosted by hongster
any suggestions for me? Ignore my MF helm, I got a basic IK helm to swap into for 1.05...

Your gear is overall balanced. You did a good job at stacking atttack speed and lifesteal. The only things that I would change are:

• The wailing host ring could have much better stats. Definitely need one with attack speed for some more fury procs. Probably when you start farming for the hellfire ring, you'd want to get one with attack speed for sure.

• Your mainhand, it could be a lot better, but it really depends on the budget.

• Also you don't necessarily have to have a dagger, if you can find a sword with attack speed that can do even better because swords have a higher dps range.
  • If you can really stretch your budget, I think barbs should get a mempo with CC/AR/STR because of the attack speed. Although the stat rolls are bugged, so I'm waiting for a new patch to fix that.
  • Edited by itstylerj#6966 on 9/26/2012 9:56 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Can i get some opinions on my gear. Ive got 100 mill to spend and could sell a handful of expensive items i have stashed away.

Im lacking in defense so im thinking of replacing one of my rings or possibly my amulet. Thats very expensive to do in order to get all res and not lose too much dps. I cant figure out whats most important atm to my dps, IAS, Str, CHC, CHD, or raw dmg. If i could figure that out i could more easily figure out what to replace and what to replace it with.

Im also considering upgrading my bracer or shoulders. I would get a pair of lacuni bracers but the IAS doesnt make up for the loss in stats. Im thinking i might want to drop one of my rings for an oculus ring for the stat bonus and then go back to my legacy zuni boots or lacuni bracers since that way i would making up for the stat loss. I would still have to slowly shift my gear around tho.

Sorry if i seem a bit too geared to be asking these dumb questions but i was just forced to take a break from the game and was working very hard so i feel like a newb again like this whole game has been flushed out of my brain thanks to all the computer work lol.

Haha you are pretty good geared to be asking someone who is just a theorycrafter. Do you use a spreadsheet at all? I strongly believe that Lacunis with 80+ str with 9% AS + 5% CC actually make up for the damage lost from 60 str.

Im new to the WW spec, would like to get your thoughts on my current gear and how best to upgrade towards 1.05. I have something like 14m atm i think lol.

Should i ditch the 200dps offhands? I have another one (dagger) with 3ls 95cd os and vit as an alternate but crap dps also lol.

You really need to stack attack speed on your rings, gloves if you can. Also "stat sticks" aren't really needed anymore since we are raising the bar with monster power. You wan't as much dps as possible.

09/24/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Gaeko
    Any suggestions for my barb and what I can do to make it more viable in 1.0.5? Thanks in advance.

Since your in the Low DPS range, I would start switching over to lifesteal. And getting some attack speed. if you hit say 60kdps on wotb you need at least 10% Lifesteal to be somewhat okay but weak. That means getting lifesteal on belt, mh, oh and using bloodthirst.

Hey thx for this thread. Id like some suggestions as to what gear upgrades I should invest in for the new patch. My budget is 11mil.

thx

I will tip u 100k for any helpful advice.

Your amulet could really use some help. You need those main stats, especially strength. Your dps is in a good range for 1.0.5. Although I see you haven't switched to a lifesteal oh and that will be greatly needed. Also some rings with CC and AS will benefit you greatly for fury procs per tic.

Hi

im really disappointed in my barb,

In my opinion the sweet spot for farming really is MP7 even for the most tiered barbs. It's the most efficent ratio of Mob HP increase to MF %/ Kill time.

Yes LOH isn't going to be so great anymore with the patch. 2k LOH will effectively be 800 on sheet paper. Having both lifesteal and loh can still work. But Overall for stat value on items it's better to just stick to increasing DPS so the lifesteal becomes more effective.

I tried both a mighty and Axe in ptr. I gained a lot better fury from a mighty and never lost my wotb. But preferably if you are fighting bosses you might want to switch to an Axe for dps. So I think traveling a mighty is good to keep permawrath and switching to an axe to increase the dps, are a efficient way of handling things. People like Kongor and Moldran say "oh I can keep up wrath etc" But when they are playing they can't keep it up because they aren't stacking attack speed and using a mighty weapon.

Hi itstylerj, can you help me by telling me which upgrades i could make with 22m !!!

Here's my current gears http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dalx-1337/

Thank you..

You may want to start transitioning over to lifesteal now. Your at a good point with DPS. So Belt, and Offhand if you can. I also would think 10% attack speed from an axe is much better then a mace.
    Reply Quote
    Hello could you please give me some suggestion.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]