Diablo® III

CRIT vs IAS vs CD

What is better to have? is attack speed better that CC? is there a general agreement to what is best?
Reply Quote
no one?
Reply Quote
crit chance is best
Reply Quote
Personally I rate them as IAS > Crit% > CD. I prefer IAS for the boosts to LOH and spirit generation. For a FoT/SW build crit chance is a close second given the bump in cyclone generation, which provides an additional benefit beyond what shows up in your paper DPS. Crit dam is also very nice, but takes a back seat the first two IMO. Of course you'll need to use a DPS calculator like theasiangamer.com to determine which affix provides the most dps boost for your specific character.
Reply Quote
I have barely Any Crit Damage (50%), I am at 1.92 Attacks Per Second, 33% Crit Chance. 600 LoH. With my current setup and buff from DR I am at 50k Dps at all times. With this setup I am currentley mowing down A3.

Before I was running with over 250% CD with around 1.6 APS and over 1k LoH. AND I was getting raped in Act 3.

After adding APS by dropping CD, I RARELY die in A3. The change has really been phenomenal. The speed of my attacks definetley makes up for the crit damage, and I basically stay at full hp from LoH
Reply Quote
I will say my rings at the moment are pretty !@#$ty aswell they are my next upgrade
Reply Quote
thanks guys!
Reply Quote
Crit chance is the way to do go with crit damage, while getting some attack were you can. Attack speed is nice, but it really shines only when mixed with crit chance and crit damage
Reply Quote
I think a fairly affordable numbers to "aim for" are AS at 2.00 or greater, crit chance at 30.0 or greater, and crit dam 300+...achieve that you will mow down through the game without needing LoH or lifesteal (unless you run into a fast reflect dam mob of certain types...)
Reply Quote
That will still be pretty costly if you plan on gettin those stats with other good stats, Dex/ vit / resis
Edited by PurpleHaze#1882 on 9/23/2012 10:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1.0.5 will kill DPS builds...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]