Diablo® III

I cant take it anymore

TL 2 is soooo boring
Reply Quote
I like the pretty colours. Have you tried counting how many different shades and hues of colours there are in that game? That could be fun. I bet you'd be first in the world to do it. You'd probably become famous for doing it.
Reply Quote
not sure if srs or trolling
Reply Quote
Serious. The legend starts here leahzirch. Count the colours.
Reply Quote
i found the console command, now its more fun :P
Reply Quote
09/23/2012 11:09 PMPosted by leahzirch
i found the console command, now its more fun :P

buy a monkey to play for you, no need to force yourself man.
Reply Quote
09/23/2012 10:04 PMPosted by leahzirch
TL 2 is soooo boring

How the heck did you manage to play TL 2 while playing Diablo 3 twelve hours per day??

TL 2 is soooo boring

Class?

Skills?

Difficulty?
Reply Quote
TL 2 is soooo boring

You must really hate Diablo III then, because it's the least entertaining game on the market today :)
Reply Quote
up all 5 chars till level 60 please. overcome that to be a true Diablo player.

then u will unlock the true meaning of the game. Trust me, u will.
Reply Quote

Did you mean all 5 classes of Diablo to lvl 60? Okay.

Have a look at my profile.

Am I a true Diablo player?

I say Diablo 3 sucks and Torchlight 2 is lightyears better.

What now?
Edited by Atterana#1327 on 9/24/2012 6:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Did you mean all 5 classes of Diablo to lvl 60? Okay.

Have a look at my profile.

Am I a true Diablo player?

I say Diablo 3 sucks and Torchlight 2 is lightyears better.

What now?

prepare for better gear to prepare what's coming next...

once really bored and feel that it's time to move to another game, sell everything off RMAH (or try to else choose AH and sell all the gold) then viola... your time spent wasnt wasted.

True meaning of D3 end game. Sell... that's why it's worth it esp when ur gears are incredible.
Reply Quote
09/24/2012 06:19 PMPosted by MarkXKiller
once really bored and feel that it's time to move to another game, sell everything off RMAH (or try to else choose AH and sell all the gold) then viola... your time spent wasnt wasted.

Considering what I earn at work currently and I have invested lets say 400 hours (~50 afk, which is VERY generous), even if I were to sell all my gear on all my characters for around 4000 USD total, I would still be taking a loss.

Cashing out isn't a valid justification for the complete flustercuck this game became out of Mr. Wilson & Team's single minded motivation to make the entire game, gameplay and loot system revolve around the RMAH & AH.

In my mind, TL2 in around 50 hours of gameplay (so far) has already trumped all that time spent in Diablo 3 because from the get go, you have a feeling of general happiness. You feel like you're having fun. You feel like you're being rewarded.

Diablo 3 was a constant nagging feeling of frustration and disappointment from the moment inferno was reached. I leveled 5 characters to 60 in the hope that "maybe this class wasn't for me...SURELY something will click, SOMEWHERE down the line"...

Nope.
Edited by Atterana#1327 on 9/24/2012 7:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/24/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Atterana

Considering what I earn at work currently and I have invested lets say 400 hours (~50 afk, which is VERY generous), even if I were to sell all my gear on all my characters for around 4000 USD total, I would still be taking a loss.

Cashing out isn't a valid justification for the complete flustercuck this game became out of Mr. Wilson & Team's single minded motivation to make the entire game, gameplay and loot system revolve around the RMAH & AH.

In my mind, TL2 in around 50 hours of gameplay (so far) has already trumped all that time spent in Diablo 3 because from the get go, you have a feeling of general happiness. You feel like you're having fun. You feel like you're being rewarded.

Diablo 3 was a constant nagging feeling of frustration and disappointment from the moment inferno was reached. I leveled 5 characters to 60 in the hope that "maybe this class wasn't for me...SURELY something will click, SOMEWHERE down the line"...

Nope.

you could finish the other 3 characters DH, WD and Wiz (I read guides in order to complete most of mine - for best builds/item build). Then level up paragon - farming for better items while the next patch rolls out.

That's how my mindset is. On track, have less time to play nowadays but I'm still pouring in at least 5-6 hours a week.

Things will get better. 1.05 will make D3 better as how 1.04 did (read the patch guide on item drop system being changed).

I very much dislike TL2 where the items can be duped out of thin air since the codes are all available to the public (try going to pirate bay see what happened to all the legit software and u'll get me). At least D3 means something to those who worked hard at it. No cheats/hacks available (unless u go for the botting path and risk getting banned)
Reply Quote
TL 2 is soooo boring

You clearly haven't even played Torchlight II. I posted this in another thread, but I think it would be appropriate to post here as well.

Diablo 3 is too damn depressing for me. I'm too old for that depressing nonsense. Torchlight II is fast, upbeat while still remaining a good amount of dark flavor. It's action is faster paced, it's combat feels better, you can create your own personalized diverse build within any class that is completely different from anyone else's build of that class.

There's cooler loot in TL2- believe it or not I don't need D3 as a second part time job. I'm already making enough money from my real job and when I play games it's for personal enjoyment, not so I can bring in a few more pennies from gold farming for hours on end.

The boss fights in TL2 are MUCH better designed than in D3. They actually require quick thinking on your feet and using strategy as opposed to shelling out $25 in the cash auction house so you can stand there in one place and just keep swinging on the boss till he falls over and your gear (that you bought, not found in-game) has spared your life, like in D3. Also, there are almost a full 3 times as many bosses in TL2 as there are in D3.

The randomly generated levels in TL2 are actually randomly generated, instead of randomly chosen out of pre-made, barely varying dungeon maps such as in D3. In each act, each of the dungeons or caves or crypts you enter look completely different and have their own 'theme' to them. Each dungeon is distinct and feels fresh each time. Whereas, in... "D3 oh look a cathedral. I wonder what's on the inside? Oh, look crypts. OOOOH a graveyard with burial cellars? Oh, just more crypts. A haunted mansion? More crypts, but this time there is a red glow in the air. How neat."

The magic system is way more detailed, interesting to combat with and well done in TL2.

The music is a HELL of a lot better in TL2, using Matt Uelmen - the man who did all of Diablo 1 and Diablo 2's music. None of his music can be found in D3's sucky collection.

There are over 2 times as many unique monster types in Torchlight 2 than there are in Diablo 3 and ~150% more pieces of armor. Yes, I opened up the files and counted.

TL2 has modding tools, which is going to keep the game alive as long as the modding community kept Diablo 2 alive. D3 doesn't have any of that and will be practically dead within a year.

Then again, all of this makes sense. Why? Max Schaeffer and Erich Schaeffer, the master minds and lead designers from both Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 were the lead designers on Torchlight II. What talent did Diablo 3 have from the original Diablo team? None at all.

Case closed.
Reply Quote
lol if you can't take it anymore stop taking it. ... ... lol that's what she said...?(leahzirch)
Reply Quote
Edited by Local33#1912 on 9/26/2012 8:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I found that D3 has more skills than TL2 since all I do is spam right mouse button in TL2 but that is probably more due to my build which only uses 1 main skill and rest are passive skills .

WW Barb was awesome fun but blizzard are ruining that which is really stupid , they should be increasing the other builds to the fun of the WW Barb not nerfing .

TL2 is just more fun and the zones feel absolutely huge .
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]