Diablo® III

Helping Barbs Progress (All Budgets) V3.0

This thread is full, please see the newest version here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6893549463#1
Edited by Rezic#1827 on 10/14/2012 9:16 AM PDT
Players with low budgets REJOICE I SAY! For now this artisan has taken on an apprentice! After a two hour Skype call giving him a detailed course in my trade methods, game mechanics and stat valuation, I now proclaim that REZIC is ready to follow in my footsteps and begin as I once did, gearing those with little money!

Vouched For!
Edited by Ender#1728 on 9/27/2012 7:43 AM PDT
I feel like im stuck as a WW barb never die in act 3 except for fallen maniacs but cant seem to get any upgrades either.

I think my gear is decent what do you think?
@OP, Congratulations for making into Master Ender's Barb Council.

I'm of those lucky ones who got his services when starting inferno.
I have 2 mills budjet, can you help a bit ?

Here's my builds,

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Memories-1812/hero/26475323
@Tachi I don't gear WW barbs, unfortunately. Are you interested in changing spec?

@RazorX Thanks! I hope to multiply the gearing effort continuing what Ender has started.

@MooseJuice I'm focusing on 1-10m gear sets as my niche (don't want to take business away from Ender). Strongly suggest you go to him for your gearing.

@Memories Yes! I can definitely help. There are quite a few gearing mistakes you're making currently (If you intend to continue your 2h play style). Might I suggest you switch your focus to SnB? You'll get alot more "bang for your buck" in the 2m price range with SnB. I'll connect with you Wednesday. Send me a friend request (Rezic#1827).

EDIT: Thank you all so much for your positive response! I'm excited to get to your questions and help get top notch gear sets. Having said that... Tonight is my birthday! I just realized I most likely will not be on at all tonight (because of the festivities!). Ironically enough, tomorrow night is my wife's birthday... so I'll most likely see you all in game on Wednesday! I will however be answering forum questions in the meantime. Can't wait to get the list of people taken care of. Thank you for your patience! In the meantime, after posting here, please send me a friend request with your budget included please!
Edited by Rezic#1827 on 9/24/2012 11:39 AM PDT
I would be real interested in getting a little help. The weapon I have equiped is not what i generally use I usually go SnB. The rest of my gear is my main set. Ill add you when I get off of work tonight if you don't mind. Might I add that what Ender and yourself are doing for the Barb community is fantastic. I just recently got back into gaming after a 10 year (give or take) break so having someone to lend a hand is fantastic. I would love to also talk build with you if you have a few extra minutes for I know I can play far better than I am.
Very nice to see someone help those for free...and can be jsut as good an ender :)
need help too
I'm currently powering through Act 2 with little issue. I got sick of my wizard and sold some gear so I was able to buy a few items. I still have about 2.5 million left over and I'm not sure what to upgrade next. Its a little tough because I'm not in A3 yet so I don't know where my weakness will be but I'm able to watch the AH pretty actively for deals so I'd like to get a head start preparing. My thought was a belt with some life steal but they are pretty expensive and I don't think I can get one without losing some considerable DPS unless I save up 20+ million...which is an option, I can just save more.

My other idea is to upgrade the gem in my Skorn.

I'm a casual player, I'll probably be in A3 by the end of the week.

Thoughts?
Edited by Dethy#1905 on 9/24/2012 10:30 AM PDT
i love 2h, any advice is appreciated

limited budget i have indeed
Hi Rezic,

My friend and I need some help since we cannot progress in Act 3. After gearing up the both of us we finally got past Act 2.

I have a 2-4 MM budget. Can you do anything for the both of us?

Would like to have 35K-45K life, 50k-60k dps unbuffed, All Resists 500-700.

Is this even possible?

Ongster#1417 build
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ongster-1417/hero/24801008

Friend's build
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Clarolinx-1687/hero/2691330

Thanks in advance!
Ongster
Haven't played in a few months...never did make it into act 4. I have about 2 million. Advice?
Edited by Caballero#1284 on 9/24/2012 9:59 AM PDT
I have 4 million budget. what should i upgrade next?
@Moose, I would still recommend going to me with large budgets as I have only trained him in gearing people for small budgets. His purpose for the time being is gearing the people I no longer serve so that he can gain experience, and one day, be able to gear anyone for any budget.
Thank you all so much for your positive response! I'm excited to get to your questions and help get top notch gear sets. Having said that... Tonight is my birthday! I just realized I most likely will not be on at all tonight (because of the festivities!). Ironically enough, tomorrow night is my wife's birthday... so I'll most likely see you all in game on Wednesday! I will however be answering forum questions in the meantime. Can't wait to get the list of people taken care of. Thank you for your patience! In the meantime, after posting here, please send me a friend request with your budget included please!

Now to answer your specific questions:

@Milton I would love to help you. You're making some common gearing mistakes. I can get you rocking to push content and progress further than you've gone before in not much time at all! I would highly suggest SnB moving forward. Thanks for your kind words. What's your budget? Or did you want just advice instead of me gearing you?

@Earthshaker Thanks for the encouragement. I strive to be as good as Ender!

@Dragoviz SnB or 2h? And what's your budget? Note: If your budget is under 5m, I would highly suggest SnB. I can get you more for the money. Send me a friend request!

@Dethy You're missing the fundamentals which make 2h successful. LoH isn't for 2h-- you need LS for it. There are the important details which are 100% critical for success in Act 3. Your armor isn't high enough, your crit chance isn't high enough, and you probably overspent on several pieces pursuing AR which is too high. A Life Steal belt is always nice, but you will probably not find one for your budget--not to mention that's now what needs help the most right now. Yes, a better gem in your skorn would always help, but presently, it won't matter how much damage you put because you won't stay alive long enough to do the damage. Don't be discouraged! We can fix this! How commited are you to 2h? Do you enjoy SnB? I know it seems like I point alot of people to SnB over 2h, but honestly, in your price range, you just won't be able to steamroll content as easily... Believe me--i get it! The joy of smashing baddies with huge crits is AMAZING! I am a 2h barb, too (check out my gear set!). We need to talk. Send me a friend request!

@itsironic Almost everything I said to Dethy (see previous paragraph) applies to you, too. You've committed some very common mistakes for 2h barbs. What kind of a budget do you have? I can share many more specifics which could help improve you, but would like to see what you have to work with for funds first.

@Ongster There is no way either of you will clear Act 3 using your current playstyles (you: dual weild; your friend: 2h). You don't have enough resilience to stay alive. I can probably gear both you and your friend for 4m total if I'm understanding your question correctly. SnB will up your effectiveness... trust me... you'll have fun with it! It is the way to go for effectiveness on a budget! Your goals for stats are pretty close to realistic.. 45k+ hp, 45k+ dps, 500+ AR .... I'm being very conservative. Send me a friend request. Don't be discouraged about a little less DPS... do you want big numbers when you hit something before you die 20 times? Or do you want to breeze through with slightly smaller numbers? Send me a friend request!

@Caballero If you want to gear yourself, all the advice you need is in the guide above. If you want me to gear you, yes, I can for 2m and get you a MUCH more effective SnB set. You're not focusing on the right stuff with your current gear setup.
Highlights: no socket in weapon, no AR or crit on shield, too much AR overall and not enough DPS, the wrong kind of HoC. Don't be discouraged! We'll get you fixed up nice! And if you sell some of your current gear (namely the HoC), I'll make you an even more rocking set! Send me a friend request!

@FourStrings You need to spend that 4m regearing yourself if you want to be the most effective, and sell some of your current gear to expand your budget. You've got no AR on some pieces (helm, chest, bracers, belt), and too much AR on other pieces (pants, boots, gloves). I understand the point of what your logic might be, but it's not cost effective and ends up being a sacrifice in the long run. How do you stay alive? You don't do enough DPS for 6% LS to be the only means of survive-ability. And unfortunately, you don't have close to enough armor. Can I help you rebuild your 2h barb? I have a recipe for success. I also need to understand your skill choices... (Rend > Most everything else for 2h barbs...). Send me a friend request!
Thank you. Friend request sent. I know what your saying about the LOH. I tried WW and hated it. It isn't my play style and I really don't care about how fast I can clear or my XP/hr or gold/hr or whatever other stats people come up with. I'm looking for fun.

My friend gave me the Skorn and I'm enjoying it right now. I'm not opposed to SnB as long as it doesn't involve sprint and whirlwind spec.

I can sell the Skorn if I have to, guessing it is worth a few million.
Rezic,

Happy Birthday!

Yes, you are correct about my request to gear both my friend and myself on a 4MM budget.

I really do appreciate you taking time to help both of us out. We are not currently married to our builds.

I was using the WW build since it was the easiest build for me to gear at the time. But, with the upcoming 1.05 patch I am fine going towards the SnB build.

I will send out a friend request.

Thanks!
Ongster
Edited by Ongster#1417 on 9/24/2012 1:33 PM PDT
When you get the time, please add me and help me gear my nub self. I should be hitting 60 tonight. Going for SnB on a 2.5mil budget and I already have a solid chest

jooked#1865
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]