Diablo® III

Helping Barbs Progress (All Budgets) V3.0

Hello,

Do you think that 100m is enough to make my barb viable for 1.0.5 as ww? If not, should I change to a different build?

Thanks,
Boyntz
Hi Rezic. Is it possible to build a SnB frenzy barb that can handle at least MP1 for 20m?
@Boyntz - Yes, absolutely. Please send Ender a friend request in game. He can build you a WW set for 100m.

@Mike - Yes, sir. I can hook you up with a great gear set which will prepare you for 1.0.5 MP! Send me a friend request in game with your budget.
hey rezic or ender.
i have a little over 100m and i want my barb to be able to handle group play including not dying and putting out decent damage. m not a fan of WW because i run out of fury easily and die and 2h is kinda slow. the group i run with is a monk throw barb and dh all well over 100k dps. please help!!!!

rezarblades#1378
10/12/2012 01:11 PMPosted by rezarblades
m not a fan of WW because i run out of fury easily and die and 2h is kinda slow.
These things are true because you are not geared properly. they will be solved with good gear.
10/12/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Ender
m not a fan of WW because i run out of fury easily and die and 2h is kinda slow.
These things are true because you are not geared properly. they will be solved with good gear.

ok looking forward to your help. message me in game. thanks a lot
now online
hiya rezic,
i'm on your friend list already, but the last couple times i've seen you online you've been marked as "away" or "busy" and i didn't want to infringe on your request that we not message you then. is there a particular time that i should look out for you? (i had the minimum 5.5 for a SnB build).
Thanks!
Any thoughts/tips on upgrades for my barb?

here are my thoughts to reflect on if you'd like:
1) obviously str/ias/cc/cd on gloves would be nice, but the ik's were mf'd and atleast have str/perfect cc.
2) bracers could be upgraded, but 1.0.5 rolls higher cc on them I believe.
3) boots are high vit, low str, high armor right now and it would be nice to eventually move to ice climbers at >200str with vit and %life. pricey though. movement speed would also be nice, but not necessary since i'm a 2h rend (except for farming efficiency).
4) helmet could be upgraded, but hard to find something comparable that is reasonable in price. 1.0.5 fixes the mempo roll as well...
5) pants, been watching blackthorn's but they don't offer much over what I have now (even with sockets), even with the set bonus and come at quite the premium. thoughts?
6) shoulders are decent, could get a bit better with % life on them or move to something like vile wards (again at a premium).
7) jewelry, str/ias/cc/cd/+dmg are premiums and I have a couple drops with that on lower levels but they offer little DPS improvement over where I am right now (+1000-2000) and drop some vit and lose the health globe bonus (which does help since right now I'm just using 3% LS).
8) belt could be changed over to an ik belt with 3% ls and cleave bonus. would pick up the 60 AR set bonus. Only worthwhile if I keep my gloves around though...

Cleave-Broad, Rend-Blood, Leap-Iron, Furious Charge-Dread, War Cry-Impunity, and WOTB-Insanity are the skills. Passives are WM, Tough as Nails, and Ruthless... although considering switching bloodthirst back on for 6% LS and dropping some vit for higher dps on jewelry changes.

Anyones thoughts welcome, not just Rezik and Ender. :)
Edited by liquid#1495 on 10/12/2012 5:54 PM PDT
I'm going to take this time to address some things that were posted on an earlier thread that is now full. I had changed to topic to "Topic Moved" and provided a link here. Any criticism should have gone to THIS tread, as I was not aware people were still posting on the old one.

As it was stated by others, gear devalues over time. Especially low end gear. And quickly. Gear that was worth 100-500k back when I was doing my "VIP" list, probably can't even sell on the auction house anymore. If you have noticed that you can find awesome upgrades to your gear for a fraction of what you paid, and you were one of those original people I geared. This is the reason.

If you paid for my VIP services (WAY back in the day), and were removed from my friends list, it is because I lost the list, and was no longer able to keep everyone's name on my friends list, I simply had too many friends requests. I also recently purged my list. If you need something from me, I am more than happy to accept your request and answer your questions. The majority of people never even contacted me once after I helped them, and I assumed no one would mind. Obviously I was wrong.

No good deed goes unpunished. If you have a problem with me, or my gearing, come see me don't go cry to Dboy and Acrimony. I'm happy to provide SS to prove I didn't steal your gold.
Edited by Ender#1728 on 10/12/2012 9:50 PM PDT
@KingOneF - Your SnB set is done! Come find me in game...

@KrisFang - Your SnB set is done, too! Come find me in-game!
Thanks alot for this thread, such good info and ive read through it and viewed your customers profiles to get an idea of how to line up stats.

I've just come back to the game after months away and got my barb to 60 today. Spent 2mil all up getting my set, anyone have any thoughts on anything that looks completely out of place?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/pyre-1164/hero/17499626

In regards to the andys helm, it was far cheaper for me to get that (only cost me 300k) than the reccomended ones with the slot for some reason, but I will get one with a slot eventually when cash permits.

I think better gems will be the next thing i fix up.
Edited by pyre#1164 on 10/12/2012 10:57 PM PDT
Great thread man, I actually got to finish Inferno because of this.

Could you recommend any other gear to make my dps higher? My weapon sucks, I know but I got it because of the resist bonus.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Rezic!
Rezic was able to do a complete regear of my poor neglected barb for 100 mil.
I ended up after upgrading gems with the following stats
48.5k health
518-608 AR
7896 armor
1892 str
66.6k damage

He turned things around very very fast and was able to answer all my questions, I'm really impressed and am excited to see what it can do.
Thanks again Rezic!
10/12/2012 09:38 PMPosted by Ender
If you paid for my VIP services (WAY back in the day), and were removed from my friends list, it is because I lost the list, and was no longer able to keep everyone's name on my friends list, I simply had too many friends requests. I also recently purged my list. If you need something from me, I am more than happy to accept your request and answer your questions. The majority of people never even contacted me once after I helped them, and I assumed no one would mind. Obviously I was wrong.

hey master... hahaha, remember me, the once struggling baba you help a while back. since i religiously followed your guide i reach to this point on having a well rounded SnB barb(i switch to WW/DT every now and then).

but since players are preparing for the forthcoming patch, i need your expert advice where and how i can improve just to get ready for the patch(planning to do at least mp7-8 once 1.0.5 hits) i can spend 75-100m upwards for you and Rezic's services(tip excl.).

I also notice that top tier players are going after IK/Blackthorne sets nowadays. I had one that drop for me but decided to AH it.

Patient here as usual, not i a hurry.
Edited by RazorX#2330 on 10/12/2012 11:42 PM PDT
rezic got your message and looking forward to what you get. just let me know when it's done. no hurries. you might have to let me know here as my son plays on my account a lot and probably won't catch a message in game. thnx
@Rezic I don't have a barb yet but I'm curious as to what gear I should buy while leveling up to 60 and what skills to use? I used to main a Monk before they got nerfed and a demon hunter as well but it seems that this game is heading towards barbs as the top class and I've grown tired of farming with the other classes. So I'm wondering if I could get some advice? :D
HI,

I am an european player and i just wondered if u could help me too.

Maybe you could look at my profile and tell me what i can do better?

My budget is 30 million.
Hey Rezic, what kind of stats can i expect if i give you a 4.5 mill budget? (with a SnB spec)
Edited by BzPanda#1325 on 10/13/2012 4:53 AM PDT
@Raindog - I apologize for the delay! It's been a little interesting trying to keep up with the demand. I've bumped you to the top of my list.

@liquid - you need better gloves (higher str roll), bracers with AR, better ammy and rings, better shoulders, belt with higher AR and vit. Don't get too fixated on legendaries. There are some rare which would offer better "bang for your buck." What's your budget?

@pyre - You need a shield with higher AR & minimum block, different bracers, gloves, and shoulders. The other pieces look okay for your budget.

@dragonkatol - What's your budget?

@RazorX - Find me in-game. I can hook you up for that budget. Make sure to send me a friend request with your budget included.

@br549 - I'm done your set, man. This is some rocking gear. Come find me in-game!

@onime - I'm done your set, man! Come find me in-game, too!

@p4htr41ck - Use the skills listed in the guide in my OP. Dont spend a ton of money on gear while leveling up. When you get to 60, save 5.5m and look me up!

@Nikels - Unfortunately, I don't gear people on the EU server. Sorry, my friend.

@BzPanda - Not much, since my minimum is 5.5m (including fee).

@ktl - Find me in game. Would love to answer any questions about the gear. I accepted your friend request.
Edited by Rezic#1827 on 10/13/2012 11:35 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]