Diablo® III

Helping Barbs Progress (All Budgets) V3.0

@Rezic, I sent a friend request on US server, would be great if you could let me know in the thread or something when you are most likely to be online then I can log on and let you know:D

I know it's a lot to ask, so don't worry if you don't have the time...
You are probably sleeping or working anyway while I'm playing :P Here it is 19:21 at this moment.
Edited by Pooky#2707 on 9/26/2012 10:21 AM PDT
@QHTran - We can get you a great set for 2.5m. You have a great shield and amulet, but almost everything else will have to go (minus maybe bracers). Find me in game.

Wow seriously? O_o? I would never thought! You and Ender are the experts so I'll leave it in your capable hands.
okay I farm some more and got 3 mil now
I'll add you in game when I get home tonight and give the $$, amulet, shield and bracers and you can do your magic. ;)

BTW how much can i sell my andria's visage for? (I always thought that this was the best peice in my set)
Hi Rezic,

So I'm not actually sure what a budget to upgrade my gear would be - I've never had more than 500k in the bank at a time. But I've made it to Act 3, and I can farm Ghom if I group with good DPS characters.

Mostly I'm just hoping I can get your thoughts on my gear and what the best places for obvious improvement are.
@ Rezic - working now
Hi Rezic,

i got about 15 mil to spend on barb gear. Can you please advise me what to buy for the upcoming 1.0.5 patch. Willing to get you to buy it for me for a fee.
Add me in game Impaler-1220
no offense but you have said nothing about why you think my gear doesnt work.

btw im clearing a3 every day in 4p games

i'm not saying my gear cant get better but there is no way you are going to find me an upgraded set for 1.7m

@Patraeus - For a proper SnB build, we need to redo most of your gear. The only pieces I would keep in rebuilding you is your shield and possibly your shoulders. Presently, you don't have enough HP or DPS to progress well in act 3 or 4, and you're getting your AR the wrong way. Find me in game if you want help gearing or to discuss more. What's your budget?
Edited by Petraeus#1331 on 9/26/2012 1:09 PM PDT
I have about 25 million to use up on gearing my barb. I will probably use the 1st build posted the SnB. I am only lvl 49 right now but looking for lvl 60 gear. Thank you
hi ender im struggling trying to clear inferno on my barb, and i only have 1mil budget, could you please point me out the right direction to go? i will soon sell an axe that i bought off the ah a few months ago, hopefully bringing me up another mil, i search through the ah for good upgrades, however they out of my budget. Im tryin to go with a 2h build but if not i can go SnB also depending on what you think about my stats. Thank you rezic
So question, how is Rezic doing this? Is he finding deals on the AH in real time and helping you refit? Or is he getting good deals on items and reselling them?
@Pooky - I'll try my best! Hope to catch you online.

@QTran - Looking forward to seeing you in-game! Not sure if I'll be on tonight or not, but I'm usually on most weekday evenings from 8-10pm CST. Socketed Andy's helms can sell for a good amount. And listen, you can keep it if you want, but you'll have an overall stronger build if you use a Helm of Command! Not to mention, they are cheaper, and you could use the rest of the gold to boost your other gear!

@Sypher - I can't see your gear, man. I can only get to your starcraft profile. Link me your profile.

@Ender - Glad you got it back up and running!

@Impaler - What build you want? SnB? Or 2h? For 15m, i could do either! However, you might have a slightly easier time farming/progressing with a SnB build if your goal is to pump up "monster power" in 1.0.5. In regards to what you could change or keep, I could probably work with your current boots, belt, and chest. All the other gear, i would swap out (no matter whether using a 2h or a SnB build.
@Pooky - I'll try my best! Hope to catch you online.

@QTran - Looking forward to seeing you in-game! Not sure if I'll be on tonight or not, but I'm usually on most weekday evenings from 8-10pm CST. Socketed Andy's helms can sell for a good amount. And listen, you can keep it if you want, but you'll have an overall stronger build if you use a Helm of Command! Not to mention, they are cheaper, and you could use the rest of the gold to boost your other gear!

@Sypher - I can't see your gear, man. I can only get to your starcraft profile. Link me your profile.

@Ender - Glad you got it back up and running!

@Impaler - What build you want? SnB? Or 2h? For 15m, i could do either! However, you might have a slightly easier time farming/progressing with a SnB build if your goal is to pump up "monster power" in 1.0.5. In regards to what you could change or keep, I could probably work with your current boots, belt, and chest. All the other gear, i would swap out (no matter whether using a 2h or a SnB build.

what about me?
@Everyone - I've been discovering during the gearing process that most people commit one of the more common gearing mistakes. Therefore, I have written a list and added it to the guide in the OP. Check it out!! Also posted below...

*NEW* Most Common Gearing Mistakes (by Rezic)

Gearing properly can be hard! It can be somewhat confusing to wade through the theory-crafting to get to the desired end result: Maximizing your DPS and survive-ability on your budget so you can have fun pushing through/farming Inferno.

In order to help streamline the education process of barbs across the community (especially during the gearing process), I am adding a list of common mistakes made when gearing barbarians. In my posts with individuals below I will be referring to this list, since it seems like the same issues can be addressed repeatedly.

Most Common Gearing Mistakes:
    1. Choosing the wrong type of weapon.
    2. Buying a weapon without a socket.
    3. Buying a weapon with too many "stats" (CD, LoH, LS, Str, Vit), and not enough DPS.
    4. Not enough AR (All Resist).
    5. Too much AR.
    6. Not getting AR on gear pieces (allowable exceptions are gloves, rings, and amulet)
    7. Getting too much AR on individual pieces (usually, over 50AR increases the price exponentially)
    8. Not enough HP.
    9. Too much HP.
    10. Lack of or wrong amount of Crit Chance.
    11. Lack of or wrong amount of Crit Damage.
    12. Focusing too much on Life on Hit (especially on budget builds).
    13. Using Life Steal improperly (e.g. when your DPS is too low).
    14. Not enough primary stats (Str/Vit).
    15. Too much primary stats (Str/Vit) to the detriment of CC, CD, or AR.
    16. Not getting the right ratio or appropriate amount of primary stats (Str/Vit) or secondary DPS stats (CC, CD) on specific pieces of gear.
    17. Helm without socket.
Edited by Rezic#1827 on 9/26/2012 8:32 PM PDT
@Ivanitor - I'll check out your gear ASAP. Ran out to time right now ;) I'll edit this post.

@Everyone else waiting - Same as to Ivanitor.
Drat, I was hoping other people could see the right profile. Can't figure out how to change it.

Here is my Diablo profile though.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sypher-1851/
@Ivanitor - I'll check out your gear ASAP. Ran out to time right now ;) I'll edit this post.

@Everyone else waiting - Same as to Ivanitor.

you have free hand. I will use th SNB build or 2 hand whatever is easiest to complete inferno. Let me know next steps.
I could use a little help also. Most of my items are self found except my chest,belt,amulet and helm. I have about 30M to upgrade both my DPS being a priority and HP as second since my AR and Armor, I think is already high. Thanks a bunch
Hello Rezic. I posted previously @ #77. Can you help me take a look and give some advice when you free? :

I need some advice on my barb, my weakness and how I should go able improving my stats.
I probably try to gear my barb myself since we live in different timezone

Basically I am running a SnB build. My budget now is $2million. I now can clear inferno act2 fairly comfortably. got raped in act3 machines of war.
I am thinking whether to go for 2H rend build instead. Any advice on tt also?
@Petraeus - Your gear doesn't work because you've made the following mistakes (refer to the "Common Gearing Mistakes" in the OP): #3, #8, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14 (Vit), #15 (too much str, not enough CC, CD, Vit), #16 (too much str, not enough Vit). Hope that's specific enough for you. Although you may have impressive LoH, your DPS and HP aren't going to be sufficient long-term. Especially once 1.0.5 comes out and increased monster power destroys you.

@Gelsk - Mostly finding deals on the AH in real time. It's a skill to find good items cheap, and fast.

@Sequel - You won't be able to make a 2h build work for only a couple mil. SnB is a must. You've made the following mistakes(refer to the "Common Gearing Mistakes" in the OP): 1, 2, 7 (helm, chest, belt), 10, 11, 14, (str), 16. Find me in-game and i can help you regear!

@Ivanitor - Find me in game so we can get you hooked up with an awesome set. either SnB or 2h. Honestly man, I'm not even going to rate your gear set since most of it is <ilvl 60 anyways. But if you're interested talk to me in game and we can talk gearing philosophy more.

@Sypher - mistakes 1, 2, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14 (Str), 16. Specific advice: Read the entire guide in the OP and compare your pieces to it. You're major flaw is #10, 11. Let's talk more in game.

@Neutrino - Not sure if you're pulling my leg or not, bro. I know who you are Jax. If you are--haha!, if you aren't--glad to help--just surprised to see one of the top ranked WW barbs asking for advice on a thread clearly not focused on WW specs. But let's just say for a moment you're serious. Are you wanting to stay WW? Let's just say you ARE, honestly, I would drop your legendary ring and get one that has Str/CC/CD/Vit or Life% and AR if you can afford it. I would also get a better amulet. then finally, start saving up for a Mempho of Twilight w Str/Crit/Socket... best DPS helm in the game.

@griever83 - you made the following mistakes (please refer to "Common Gearing Mistakes" in the OP): 3, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14 (Vit), 16. I can hook you up in game! Come find me!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]