Diablo® III

Community feedback --- Monster Power and Loot

Hello guys,

This is some community feedback for "blues". Please keep this tread alive so we can be sure they will read it.

As I dicussed with many of my friends, currently there is a problem with planned for 1.05 Monster Power improvement. We all feel that this is a great idea but I think this needs a little tweak.

According to:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/22/diablo-3-patch-1-05-interview-with-jay-wilson-and-wyatt-cheng/

The Monster Power won't raise the monster level and affixes of our loot will depend on monster level.

Therefore all items in a1 and a2 will be worse than in act 3 and 4 - even if you will set Monster Power to 10 in a1 and to 1 in a3.

From what I see Blizzard really wants that the players will feel that they can choose what class they will play (so skills are balanced from time to time) and what act they will play. Currently we have 5 classes and 4 acts of inferno - that gives us 20 different playstyles. With 10 different Monster Power levels we will have 200 different playstyles. Thats awesome!

By limiting the acts to a3 and a4 (as noone will farm the acts where u cannot have even a little chance to get the best items) you will reduce that number by half to only 100 different playstyles.

------------------------ SOULTION ----------------------

Make every level of Monster Power increase monster level by 1 with a cap of 63. That way we will reach lvl 63 monsters by playing a1 with min Monster Power of 3, a2 with minimum Monster Power of 2, and other acts with Monster Power of 1.

By doing this we will have 185 (50 a4 + 50a3 + 45a2 + 40a1) different playstyles with a chance of gaining the best items in game. Of course some people will do the acts with highes mobs denisty but others - like me - will just do the acts that they like the most.

This way we will have a possibility to play any class we want and any act we want with a Monster Power that we want.

To balance this change (better loot in a1 and a2) I think that you can make MF from Monster Power also capped at 300%. This is a very high MF level - paragon lvl 100 for a casual player will take a year to achieve.

And for players with godly gear and lvl 90-100 paragon - they are getting great loot already and they are farming very efficient. There is no need to improve that. They will use Monster Power just to increase game difficulty if they will get bored with normal game. They will have challanges like complete whole game on Monster Power 10 etc. There is no need for a greater reward for them as they already are very powerfull compared to normal players.

The last but not least - the problem with loot quality. Most of us have only 1-3 hours a day to play this great game. We have lifes, we have jobs, we have families - so we cant play 24h/day. The loot system shouldnt be designed for those who play 20 hours a day but for us - casual gamers. Therefore I think you should add that every week every player have 3 or 4 hours of play with an improved mf (by 200-300%). So we wll have a much higher chance to get something nice every week but it wont last very long. If someone will play longer than those 3-4 hours he will still have a normal chance to get great loot, but the bonus MF will be a great chance for those who cant play all day long.

Best Regards,
Edited by buczbucz#1334 on 9/22/2012 3:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Lmao
Reply Quote
couldn't disagree more with this OP
Reply Quote
I really agree about the mLvl with monster-power stuff. Would give a lot more farming diversity rather than A3 all day...
Reply Quote
Thanks for the feedback guys!

09/22/2012 03:20 AMPosted by Blackbird
couldn't disagree more with this OP

Could you describe why?
Reply Quote
ppl rly want that loot
Reply Quote
Keep this up ppl!
Reply Quote
Monster power isn't about more effective farming or paragon lvling. It's about providing a challenge and somewhat higher rewards for all the people who can just faceroll the current nerfed inferno. If you wanna try your char against an inferno that feels like the old .02 difficulty that's what it's there for.
Reply Quote
So why is there MF bonus?

Change all acts monster lvl to 63 or make monster power add monster level in act 1 and 2 - up to 63.
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 06:59 AMPosted by Anarchy
Monster power isn't about more effective farming or paragon lvling. It's about providing a challenge and somewhat higher rewards for all the people who can just faceroll the current nerfed inferno. If you wanna try your char against an inferno that feels like the old .02 difficulty that's what it's there for.

And that is what unfortunately won't happen, as the masses will confuse Blizzard with tons of loot posts regarding the matter though the monster power system isn't meant for the looting masses at all but for the pure challenge faction!
Reply Quote
I agree. We can make Monster Power dont increase mf. Its just to increase the difficulty.

But still we need lvl 63 mosnters in act 1 and act 2. Otherwise all will have to play 25% of the possible content (act 3) or get crappy loot.
Reply Quote

Adding more HP's to monsters does not make them more challenging, it just makes them more annoying to kill. Spending more time doing the exact same thing is not a challenge it's a retardation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]