Diablo® III

Another Customization Option

Blizzard has given us a dye to remove any unwanted armor appearance, but what if I really liked one of the lower level tier's look. Maybe you guys at Blizzard could create a dye in which you combine your current armor with the dye and the other armor of your choosing. Just an idea and I think it would be cool.
Reply Quote
I agree.

Getting sick of my Witch Doctor having an ants head and holding a frog.
The lower tier gear looked so much better.
It would be really awesome if you could choose the appearance of an item (a legendary having the appereance of a lower tier item).

Seriously consider this please?
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
I'm only bumping this so that it will be noticed by you guys at Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Game Designer
I agree, visual customization has a lot of value, people like to differentiate themselves from each other or sometimes just get bored of looking at the same thing all day every day. In fact we agree SO much that we have plans to add this feature in the future.
Reply Quote
Transmogrification in Diablo? ;)
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile
02/25/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Travis Day
I agree, visual customization has a lot of value, people like to differentiate themselves from each other or sometimes just get bored of looking at the same thing all day every day. In fact we agree SO much that we have plans to add this feature in the future.

OMG, THANK YOU for confirming this, Mr. Day! I am one of those players who are into the lore, and hate that I have to dress my Barbarian in gear that doesn't look anything like what one would expect a lore-based Barbarian to wear! I think the early-to-mid-game armors made of leather and studded-leather are much more in keeping with reality in Sanctuary (and look much better, too), than the late-game Archon and Immortal King stuff.

I hated running around looking like a clone of all my fellow Barbs, with our Mempos, Vile Wards, IK or Blackthorne chests, and those silly, ridiculous baby blue boots (Ice Climbers). The first thing I did when 1.07 launched was hide all of it but the Blackthorne leggings (because they look better than his poor, tattered loincloth.)

Galx
Reply Quote

What about characters names, sir.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 04:31 PMPosted by Gunny
Given that most of us rarely see another character this seems like a waste of resources. I would rather they spend time working on itemization, randomization of dungeons, and making sure there will eventually be a reason to farm something other than Act 3.

People that work on armor artwork don't handle level design, item balance, or anything like that.
Reply Quote
How can you guys talk about and address the color of items over itemization, affixes and real customization?
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 04:38 PMPosted by OldSchool
How can you guys talk about and address the color of items over itemization, affixes and real customization?

Because it's something they can actually change. Unfortunately, It's too late for a massive overhaul of itemization. :(
Reply Quote

:D
Reply Quote
View profile
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7923723682?page=1

On top of this, I'd like to see more build choices!
Reply Quote

Thank you very much for this confirmation. I personally have made a few threads regarding this and I'm sure there have been hundreds of others. I know that a feature like that is more in line with expansion content than a patch, but with that in mind, could we possibly see the release of some new content or updated systems via patch before the expansion hits? I have a lot of friends that have outright told me that they won't buy an expansion unless they feel the game has reached a state where they're more rewarded by it and have deeper build options BEFORE it is released. I'll be buying it regardless of any future changes, but it'd be nice to have some of my estranged buddies from the office or back home hop online again. =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]