Diablo® III

Another Customization Option

A blue actually posted it, so I'm HOLDING OUT HOPE!
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 07:59 PMPosted by familia
Instead of adding new dyes, you could give all weapons and armors a chance to spawn ilvl 63 in inferno. That's the highest and most useful item level for endgame, so it would add more variety for loot and customization for your character. Best solution in my opinion.

I think this one might be a little trickier than it sounds, but I'm onboard. I'd love to dual-wield scythes with my barb again...
Reply Quote
Hell to the yes. One of the best Blizzard Blue posts to date.
Reply Quote
I'd love to add auras to weapons. I have a black damage weapon that doesn't glow like the elemental damage weapons
Reply Quote
You guys are focusing on all of the wrong things. You need to focus on strictly gameplay. I dont even care what my character looks like. It doesnt matter what he looks like. He will do the same damage either way. I want better gameplay. I want to have more fun when I play. Not look "cooler". This isn't WOW.
Reply Quote
Good. And it's not the first time that we speak about it.

I am looking forward to this change!
Edited by Adashra#2306 on 2/26/2013 1:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hahah what a joke...THE GEAR NEED MORE DEPTH AND STATS CUSTOMIZATION not some visual bull!@#$.How gameplay gonna be affected by this change????? You should fix gameplay in this game this is your biggest failure.....
Reply Quote
Awesome! I would also love to see an option where you could change to Elemental Effect visuals of a weapon in order to have e.g. two completely similar looking weapons - since the elemental damage is visual only this should be no problem to implement - what do you think?
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Travis Day
I agree, visual customization has a lot of value, people like to differentiate themselves from each other or sometimes just get bored of looking at the same thing all day every day. In fact we agree SO much that we have plans to add this feature in the future.

This is awesome news!
Can't wait to make my Demon Hunter look like... well, a Demon Hunter!
http://www.diablo3farming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/diablo-armor.jpg
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 11:14 PMPosted by Bricksquad
You guys are focusing on all of the wrong things. You need to focus on strictly gameplay. I dont even care what my character looks like. It doesnt matter what he looks like. He will do the same damage either way. I want better gameplay. I want to have more fun when I play. Not look "cooler". This isn't WOW.

That's your opinion. I agree, performance and gameplay matters.

But to some (maybe a lot) of other players like myself, looks matter too.
I want to have a great time slaying demons AND look good while doing it.

Who's to say we can't have both?

I want to drive a car that can go really, really fast.
Why can't the same car look great too?
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 02:53 PMPosted by ShakeNBake
Blizzard has given us a dye to remove any unwanted armor appearance, but what if I really liked one of the lower level tier's look. Maybe you guys at Blizzard could create a dye in which you combine your current armor with the dye and the other armor of your choosing. Just an idea and I think it would be cool.

This already exists in World of Warcraft.
Transmogrification
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3309048

So bringing this to Diablo 3 is not impossible. As they have the ideas and mechanics already invented for it from WoW. They just have to implement it for Diablo 3. I'd say it's not a high priority thing. I'd prefer the bugs to be fixed.

But it'd be something nice to put in the game I think.
Reply Quote
It's funny but I mentioned this before the game was even out, as I realised the shortcomings of the current system before it was even live. Everyone ends up looking the same, all that nice art work that blizzard took their time perfecting is wasted...

Here is my original post: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3424795512#16

from back in 2011
Reply Quote
I would love this option. As much as I like the stats from Zuni's robes/boots combo, sometimes I feel a little like i'm controlling a small blob of white out.
Reply Quote
I agree, visual customization has a lot of value, people like to differentiate themselves from each other or sometimes just get bored of looking at the same thing all day every day. In fact we agree SO much that we have plans to add this feature in the future.

Can you call it transmogrification? I know, I just want to see the world burn.
Reply Quote

Please tell us this is NOT the main feature next patch... There is so much more people would want to see rather than a visual customization feature. I'm not saying it's a bad feature but it is not that important IMO in comparison to other things.

Just a few things right off the top of my head that are easily more important than a visual custom option...

1. New Legendaries

2. New dungeons and or a new DEEP dark dungeon. Maybe it can have 99 lvls and every 10 levels it gets darker till the final one is pretty much pitch black with a guaranteed legendary drop at the end.

3. New shrines, bring back monster shrines, gem shrines (they can drop higher lvl gems that don't normally drop), explosion shrines, etc...

4. Mob density option (needed for acts 1,2) since act 3 is the way to go for XP.

5, Do something about Act 4 to make it more appealing to go to.

ETC.... there's A LOT more I can write up but those are just some quick ones off the top of my head that are more important.
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 08:29 AMPosted by Plisk1n

Please tell us this is NOT the main feature next patch... There is so much more people would want to see rather than a visual customization feature. I'm not saying it's a bad feature but it is not that important IMO in comparison to other things.

Just a few things right off the top of my head that are easily more important than a visual custom option...

1. New Legendaries

2. New dungeons and or a new DEEP dark dungeon. Maybe it can have 99 lvls and every 10 levels it gets darker till the final one is pretty much pitch black with a guaranteed legendary drop at the end.

3. New shrines, bring back monster shrines, gem shrines (they can drop higher lvl gems that don't normally drop), explosion shrines, etc...

4. Mob density option (needed for acts 1,2) since act 3 is the way to go for XP.

ETC.... there's A LOT more I can write up but those are just some quick ones off the top of my head that are more important.

IMO looks matter. guess im winning this time
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 10:08 AMPosted by Icarus

1. New Legendaries

IMO looks matter. guess im winning this time

winning? the heck are you talking about. blue just responded to the question. doesn't mean anything I suggested they aren't working on as well
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]