Diablo® III

Another Customization Option

To some people ascetics mean quite a lot actually, I've never spent a single red cent on this game other then it's actual box price. Where as in a game like Vindictus I've spent close to $150 on my characters cosmetic features. It's a personal philosophy "True gamers earn their bragging rights."
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Travis Day
I agree, visual customization has a lot of value, people like to differentiate themselves from each other or sometimes just get bored of looking at the same thing all day every day. In fact we agree SO much that we have plans to add this feature in the future.
Does that mean we can expect another feature like Transmog from WoW that moves backward from the current industry standard in terms of said feature? I mean, I'm happy to see that something like this is being added to D3 and I will likely make use of it (even if it is less than it could and should be). But I would REALLY like to see Blizzard live up to the reputation they earned and release a feature that raises the bar again.
Reply Quote
I agree, visual customization has a lot of value, people like to differentiate themselves from each other or sometimes just get bored of looking at the same thing all day every day. In fact we agree SO much that we have plans to add this feature in the future.

Really I'm free
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Yehey transmog. If WoW has proven anything, its that there are alot of people who like the option to customize the look of their gear. I always expected this would be added eventually.
Reply Quote
I really really like to go foot naked around. Its a shame to dye your boots with invisible dye, but you still get some footwear visible.

Yup, you can call me fetichist. C'mon Bliz is SFW. :p
Reply Quote
I don't care about how my gear looks.
If I would, i'd be playing The Sims and not Diablo III...
I just need somewere else to farm; other than act 3

All we need is Monster Density!!
Edited by Foensh#1296 on 2/27/2013 12:32 PM PST
Reply Quote

And is there some reason you think we can't have both? They do have enough staff to handle both projects. And I would think MD would be a much more involved project since you have to make sure
1) Balanced
2) Lore friendly
3) Fits into the game properly
and 4) Has an available option for those who do not want more, or perhaps those want much more, density.

So an appearance feature for D3 is actually much easier to implement and thus likely to happen sooner even if it's lower on the priority list. ;p
Reply Quote

stop raining on everyone's parade. if u want monster density, create a thread and rant there. what business do u have on this thread? trolls are getting more pathetic these days...
Reply Quote
A dye that when used on an item "stores" the look of that item,
when used again on another item the dye applies the look to it and disappears... pretty simple to do.
Reply Quote
I'm all for irrelevant cosmetic options. I want a potion from Whimsyshire that changes my gender even. >=)
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Zero
To some people ascetics mean quite a lot actually, I've never spent a single red cent on this game other then it's actual box price. Where as in a game like Vindictus I've spent close to $150 on my characters cosmetic features. It's a personal philosophy "True gamers earn their bragging rights."

Ditto, but for TF2.

I would love to be able to get the tier 1 look (the blue war paint) on my barb all the time.
Reply Quote
Very cool idea keep suporting it!
Reply Quote
I think you can add this to the professions, a new tab that allows you to change the cosmetic look on an item. Not a fan of WoW Transmog though, I'm thinking more of dragging the item to the profession window, and going through a list of all possible changes. Include a preview window to show us how it would look, and click the change button for the style you want to change the cosmetic of the item without altering the stats for a gold/mats fee.

I personally value cosmetic customization greatly, I've quite games just because I don't like looking at an unappealing character for hours. And in my opinion the fembarb is not very appealing, better than the malebarb, but not by much. Those Ice Climbers just make it look even worst. Truly hope to see this.
Reply Quote
I think you can add this to the professions, a new tab that allows you to change the cosmetic look on an item. Not a fan of WoW Transmog though, I'm thinking more of dragging the item to the profession window, and going through a list of all possible changes. Include a preview window to show us how it would look, and click the change button for the style you want to change the cosmetic of the item without altering the stats for a gold/mats fee.

I personally value cosmetic customization greatly, I've quite games just because I don't like looking at an unappealing character for hours. And in my opinion the fembarb is not very appealing, better than the malebarb, but not by much. Those Ice Climbers just make it look even worst. Truly hope to see this.

This would be a good idea. How about add in visual custom, set recipes that could drop in inferno mode. The items could drop off the bosses or elites. I understand some people do not care about looks, but a great portion of us do. With that in mind, the people that don't enjoy the recipes could leave the recipes on the ground just like anything else. Let us dye legendary items as well. A black Immortal set would look very nice, imo.

Perhaps a "discovered" visual item/model feature to change into, through an NPC. Eg: You discovered X helm X set, these item(s) have been stored for X fee. That way you do not need to horde gear in you're precious space. You have unlocked the item for aesthetic use.
Reply Quote
An example I'll give.

NPC located at x spot has a list.

Demon Hunter
-Unlocked
Hunter's swift helm
Enchanted Superior leg armor
Swift Hunter's footwear
Demon killers Cape
x

Monk
-Unlocked
Monk's Emboldened Helm
x
Reply Quote

Travis, ok it's nice to know that you disagree, and you like the ideas that we give you, however, it is time that you give yourself a move, you are too slow to release anything on this game, the same game for ps4 is light years ahead the copy for pc -.-"
Reply Quote
I would like to see cosmetic slots like in The Lord of the Rings online. Very cool system imo.

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Cosmetics_Guide
Reply Quote
Hello.

I would love to see more unique angelic weapons/ armors. And also make the existing ones more powerful for inferno mp 10 too, like the Sky Cutter, Sky Splitter and the Hallowed set.

I am glad that dyeable legendaries are still in the works ^_^!

+Ark+
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]