Diablo® III

Affixes based on ilvl of monster

Hello all,

Can someone explain me this change in 1.0.5, I'm not really sure of what it implements.

Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed (rather than the item’s level)

Does this mean that items from monsters from act 1 inferno (monster ilvl 61) will roll stats = ilvl 61 even if the item is ilvl63 or 62 or 58 or...

thanks
Reply Quote
that is my understanding. However unless I'm missing something or forgot to check an option ..... I do not know how to "determine" what the mlvl is?

so if I kill something in act I ... and kill the same thing in Act III (well ok it looks the same and basically has the same name)... how do I determine what the mLVL is to know what to expect for loot drops?

With the percentages of loot drops in Hell IV/Inferno I/II/III/IV being published quite a long time ago it would be nice to know what all the mlvl monsters are.

Also it will be a welcome sight to not have to see any more lvl 51-57 items. Think they are limiting items to 58 and above in Inferno. While I feel it should be higher than this I believe this is good blizzard has recognized this and has made some adjustments to what level items are dropping. Nothing worse than sitting there fighting an elite mob and dying 1-3 times only to get dropped a lvl 51 and 52 rare items (had this happen many times as I'm sure many of you have had this as well).
Reply Quote
So this essentially means that if you're farming Act III, the only thing seperating the items will be their base DPS / Armor as they will all have the ability to roll iLVL 63 affixes.

This means you have to start picking up everything again.
Reply Quote
This means you have to start picking up everything again.

This lol

And maybe now act 4 will have an incentive to be farmed (I love a4 XD)

Double this

Best change ever, only scrubs stuck in A1 are mad about this lol. WAaaaaah I can't get the best item in the game before even stepping foot into A3, waaaahhhh!

Or the seasoned idiots haven't even realized they just majorly buffed A4 / Whimsy with this change and whine that they are forced to farm A3.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 9/24/2012 11:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/24/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Jesser
Does this mean that items from monsters from act 1 inferno (monster ilvl 61) will roll stats = ilvl 61 even if the item is ilvl63 or 62 or 58 or...

On the PTR currently, an item's level will determine its base DPS and armor stats, and the monster's level will determine the level of the affixes that roll on the item. There is an exception to this, though:

If an item's level is higher than the monster's level, the affixes will roll at the item's level instead. We felt this was an important exception to make, because players farming Act I of Inferno without any Monster Power may still get ilevel 62 and 63 items from sub-63 monsters, and we want to make sure that those items are still good.

(Edit: Legendary items, vendor items, and crafted items from the Blacksmith are also an exception.)

09/24/2012 11:01 AMPosted by BubbaGump
Think they are limiting items to 58 and above in Inferno.

Correct!
Edited by Lylirra on 9/26/2012 10:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Lylirra

On the PTR currently, an item's level will determine its base DPS and armor stats, and the monster's level will determine the level of the affixes that roll on the item. There is an exception to this, though:

If an item's level is higher than the monster's level, the affixes will roll at the item's level instead. We felt this was an important exception to make, because players farming Act I of Inferno without any [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712831240?page=1"]Monster Power[/url] may still get ilevel 62 and 63 items from sub-63 monsters, and we want to make sure that those items are still good.

Correct!

Can you confirm that the resultant buff to jewelry affix rolls is intentional and there is no correction coming?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
09/24/2012 11:12 AMPosted by MasterJay

This lol

And maybe now act 4 will have an incentive to be farmed (I love a4 XD)

Double this

Best change ever, only scrubs stuck in A1 are mad about this lol. WAaaaaah I can't get the best item in the game before even stepping foot into A3, waaaahhhh!

Or the seasoned idiots haven't even realized they just majorly buffed A4 / Whimsy with this change and whine that they are forced to farm A3.
Only know-it-alls who don't really understand the way MP is going to work think the act number actually matters after you enable monster power...me ill be happily farming 1 and 2 again since I am sick of 3/4.
Reply Quote
With MP on, is there a chance to get 63 lv legendary or set item at Act1 or should I farm act 3 to get it?
Reply Quote
Lylirra does this include legendary? Since the AH is currently down on test and there's not many items in the system yet I cannot tell.

Thanks if response :)

09/25/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Lylirra

If an item's level is higher than the monster's level, the affixes will roll at the item's level instead. We felt this was an important exception to make, because players farming Act I of Inferno without any [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712831240?page=1"]Monster Power[/url] may still get ilevel 62 and 63 items from sub-63 monsters, and we want to make sure that those items are still good.

Correct!
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 05:58 PMPosted by ztking
Can you confirm that the resultant buff to jewelry affix rolls is intentional and there is no correction coming?

OMG. Its PTR, not actual patch so far. Nothing can be confirmed, that's why they test it first.
Reply Quote
Lylirra does this include legendary? Since the AH is currently down on test and there's not many items in the system yet I cannot tell.

Correct!

Drops have always been based on monster level. Monster power raises all monsters to level 63. Therefore, you really don't need them to confirm anything beyond what they already have.
Edited by Zeriel#1544 on 9/25/2012 6:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 06:40 PMPosted by Jalandar

OMG. Its PTR, not actual patch so far. Nothing can be confirmed, that's why they test it first.

... So we can't ask questions about whether secondary consequences of the changes are intentional? Isn't asking a question about the implications of patch notes what happened in this thread? It's a valid question.
Reply Quote
Interested to know if this affects legendarys too.

for example, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/strongarm-bracers

has 1 random property,

in 1.05 can this roll as high as 63 affixes?
Edited by Luigieee#1567 on 9/25/2012 6:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Drops have always been based on monster level. Monster power raises all monsters to level 63. Therefore, you really don't need them to confirm anything beyond what they already have.

Since at least patch 1.0.3 (and perhaps before depending on interpretation), monster level had no effect on loot in any way. iLvl63 was possible in Act 1 even though all monsters there were level 61.
Reply Quote
At least make the lower limit ilvl60 for inferno. What exactly is the point in having gear drop that you needed before you got to the act you're in? I would rather see more whites or grays than freaking ilvl58 and 59 dropping in inferno. You annoy me, Blizzard.
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 06:45 PMPosted by Nysmirc
At least make the lower limit ilvl60 for inferno. What exactly is the point in having gear drop that you needed before you got to the act you're in? I would rather see more whites or grays than freaking ilvl58 and 59 dropping in inferno. You annoy me, Blizzard.

Affixes rolling based on monster level changes that entirely. Have fun leaving ilvl 59 yellows on the ground that may have 1200 DPS and +100% crit damage.
Reply Quote

Since at least patch 1.0.3 (and perhaps before depending on interpretation), monster level had no effect on loot in any way. iLvl63 was possible in Act 1 even though all monsters there were level 61.

Good point! That somehow eluded me in my stupidity, my bad. That said, I still think they've pretty much 99.9% confirmed that MP1 makes every act the equivelant of Act 3/Act 4 on live for every sort of drop mechanic.
Reply Quote

Good point! That somehow eluded me in my stupidity, my bad. That said, I still think they've pretty much 99.9% confirmed that MP1 makes every act the equivelant of Act 3/Act 4 on live for every sort of drop mechanic.

Yeah every drop mechanic, AND it appears Act 1 MP1 is about as hard as Act 3 MP1, which is interesting.
Edited by ztking#1754 on 9/25/2012 6:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]