Diablo® III

Affixes based on ilvl of monster

Community Manager
Quick question. Does this mean that on MP1 and up a treasure goblin spawned by the puzzle ring proc will be level 63?

Treasure goblins that spawn from Puzzle Rings will still be level 61 (in all acts of Inferno). This is regardless of Monster Power.

Lylirra,

Legendaries can roll two types of stats. The first type are kind like hard coded ranges. E.g. storm crow always has an int roll between like 90-100. The second are random magical properties. Could you clarify that when a legendary rolls a random magical property, that it is NOT being rolled w.r.t to monster level, but from the 1.04 method.

On the PTR right now, random Legendary affixes do not benefit from monster level (they still roll with the item level). As I mentioned previously, this is intended and how we believed Legendary items should continue to behave in 1.0.5, along with crafted items and vendor items. Due the feedback we've seen, though, we are currently considering changing how that works, so that the random Legendary affixes (the magical properties you mentioned, not the hard-coded ones) -- can roll at the monster's level.

It's not settled yet, of course, and it's something we'd want to test it pretty heavily if we do decide to move forward with the change, but it's definitely not something we're opposed to doing.

Actual xp values on mobs can still vary just like how a bowman has 3600 xp and a stygian crawler is 4500, mob density and clear speed, in terms of the actual loot itself, absolutely none, hope this clears it up for you, and yes i played the ptr extensively and can confirm this 100%

Play wherever you think is most fun for equal loot reward.

Nailed it. There will be still be some differences between the Inferno acts (due to the way the monsters are designed), but it's really up to your personal play style right now. If you feel more comfortable farming Act 1, do that. If you like the flow and pace of Act III better, then spend your time there. Since monsters in each act will share the same drop tables in Inferno at MP1 and higher, the idea is for you to play where you want without having to worry explicitly about which monsters drop what and how often. Some acts might be more efficient for you in the end, but that's really for you to decide.
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Lylirra
Quick question. Does this mean that on MP1 and up a treasure goblin spawned by the puzzle ring proc will be level 63?

Treasure goblins that spawn from Puzzle Rings will still be level 61 (in all acts of Inferno). This is regardless of Monster Power.

Lylirra,

Legendaries can roll two types of stats. The first type are kind like hard coded ranges. E.g. storm crow always has an int roll between like 90-100. The second are random magical properties. Could you clarify that when a legendary rolls a random magical property, that it is NOT being rolled w.r.t to monster level, but from the 1.04 method.

On the PTR right now, random Legendary affixes do not benefit from monster level (they still roll with the item level). As I mentioned previously, this is intended and how we believed Legendary items should continue to behave in 1.0.5, along with crafted items and vendor items. Due the feedback we've seen, though, we are currently considering changing how that works, so that the random Legendary affixes (the magical properties you mentioned, not the hard-coded ones) -- can roll at the monster's level.

It's not settled yet, of course, and it's something we'd want to test it pretty heavily if we do decide to move forward with the change, but it's definitely not something we're opposed to doing.

Actual xp values on mobs can still vary just like how a bowman has 3600 xp and a stygian crawler is 4500, mob density and clear speed, in terms of the actual loot itself, absolutely none, hope this clears it up for you, and yes i played the ptr extensively and can confirm this 100%

Play wherever you think is most fun for equal loot reward.

Nailed it. There will be still be some differences between the Inferno acts (due to the way the monsters are designed), but it's really up to your personal play style right now. If you feel more comfortable farming Act 1, do that. If you like the flow and pace of Act III better, then spend your time there. Since monsters in each act will share the same drop tables in Inferno at MP1 and higher, the idea is for you to play where you want without having to worry explicitly about which monsters drop what and how often. Some acts might be more efficient for you in the end, but that's really for you to decide.

what about legendary drops? currently A3 drops only the best legendaries.

Will 1.05 be the same when I select MP 1 ? or will 63 legendaries be found in ALL ACTS at MP 1 and above?
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Lylirra
There will be still be some differences between the Inferno acts (due to the way the monsters are designed), but it's really up to your personal play style right now. If you feel more comfortable farming Act 1, do that. If you like the flow and pace of Act III better, then spend your time there. Since monsters in each act will share the same drop tables in Inferno at MP1 and higher, the idea is for you to play where you want without having to worry explicitly about which monsters drop what and how often. Some acts might be more efficient for you in the end, but that's really for you to decide.

im pretty sure players will always flock to where the most elites are now that loot tables are the same.

Im sure we'll see a player made table with average elite packs per act and whats most efficient.
Edited by Apollo#1162 on 9/28/2012 6:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
what about legendary drops? currently A3 drops only the best legendaries.

Will 1.05 be the same when I select MP 1 ? or will 63 legendaries be found in ALL ACTS at MP 1 and above?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679558918?page=5#83 :)
Reply Quote
Lylirra, while we have your attention -- could you give an ETA for when the PTR servers will be back up?
Reply Quote
View profile
Lylirra, I know this has been said before, but crafting really need some changes.

Crafting is simply not appealing. Only a few items can be worth the time.

Maybe you should consider having some unique affixes that can only be obtained though crafting.

...or just make crafting have a chance of getting ilvl63 affixes.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Lylirra, I know this has been said before, but crafting really need some changes.

Maybe you should consider having some unique affixes that can only be obtained though crafting.

I definitely have passed on that feedback, but I just don't have any updates to share with you guys right now.
Reply Quote
View profile

I definitely have passed on that feedback, but I just don't have any updates to share with you guys right now.

While we're at it, an in-game option (check-box, much like Elective mode) that allows us to hide white items away would be nice (if it could be extended to blue, it could be useful too).

I'm not saying we don't see the items drop on the floor, what I mean is *their name doesn't show up until you press ''alt''.*
Reply Quote

I would say the best solution would be to go back to how crafting was in the earlier beta versions, namely giving at least 2-3 guaranteed properties along with a few random ones. As long as it stays the way it is now, you are salvaging a few dozen items which you could have at least sold to vendors otherwise AND paying a moderately large amount of gold for an item that more often than not will be no better than some of the stuff you salvaged in the first place. Meanwhile, for the amount of gold you spent, instead you could easily get a reasonably decent item on the AH instead.

It might also help to raise the crafting recipes up to level 63 as well.
Reply Quote
View profile

I would say the best solution would be to go back to how crafting was in the earlier beta versions, namely giving at least 2-3 guaranteed properties along with a few random ones. As long as it stays the way it is now, you are salvaging a few dozen items which you could have at least sold to vendors otherwise AND paying a moderately large amount of gold for an item that more often than not will be no better than some of the stuff you salvaged in the first place. Meanwhile, for the amount of gold you spent, instead you could easily get a reasonably decent item on the AH instead.

It might also help to raise the crafting recipes up to level 63 as well.

Oh yeah, I remember when we could craft a helm with guaranteed magic find :O Crafting sure was nice back then.
Reply Quote
I think people are expecting too much from this patch. There are a lot of things that need attention (legendary items need to be totally reworked as lower ilvl ones have zero retain-ability for end game and crafting is pure trash) but let them iron things out that they intended to change for this patch like the MP system. The legendary items rolling the random affixes with monster level would be a nice band-aid in the mean time though.
Reply Quote
View profile
09/28/2012 07:09 PMPosted by TierAngst
I think people are expecting too much from this patch. There are a lot of things that need attention (legendary items need to be totally reworked as lower ilvl ones have zero retain-ability for end game and crafting is pure trash) but let them iron things out that they intended to change for this patch like the MP system. The legendary items rolling the random affixes with monster level would be a nice band-aid in the mean time though.

MP is nice and all, but if the increased difficulty does not match increase rewards, no one in their right mind would play it. The game is about getting loot.

I'm happy that every inferno items at MP1 will roll affixes based on the monster level, but if those monster level affix are bad, we're back to square 1.

Also, I'm not asking that good drops drop all the time, I want good items to drop often, but the best item to be super rare. I want items to roll more logical stats (If I get manticore, I don't want it to roll Strength... The dexterity variable, the base dps of the weapon, the extra poison damage and whether or not it will have 2 sockets are more than enough variables on this item. We don't need to hope it will roll dexterity...)
Reply Quote

MP is nice and all, but if the increased difficulty does not match increase rewards, no one in their right mind would play it. The game is about getting loot.

I'm happy that every inferno items at MP1 will roll affixes based on the monster level, but if those monster level affix are bad, we're back to square 1.

Also, I'm not asking that good drops drop all the time, I want good items to drop often, but the best item to be super rare. I want items to roll more logical stats (If I get manticore, I don't want it to roll Strength... The dexterity variable, the base dps of the weapon, the extra poison damage and whether or not it will have 2 sockets are more than enough variables on this item. We don't need to hope it will roll dexterity...)

I understand that but if we wait for them to fit everything we want in this patch it won't be released for another two months. The patch will be a step in the right direction with less low level items dropping and the stats rolling off of monster level as well as double the drop chance for legendary items and hopefully the higher stat rolls on them as well. Not to mention the huge boost in MF with MP turned on. I just want the patch asap as it's currently planned in good working order. Then they can take their time getting the big stuff for patch 1.1
Reply Quote
View profile

I understand that but if we wait for them to fit everything we want in this patch it won't be released for another two months. The patch will be a step in the right direction with less low level items dropping and the stats rolling off of monster level as well as double the drop chance for legendary items and hopefully the higher stat rolls on them as well. Not to mention the huge boost in MF with MP turned on. I just want the patch asap as it's currently planned in good working order. Then they can take their time getting the big stuff for patch 1.1

I'm not rushing them :P I'm just throwing in ideas. If we states clearly that we want something , and do it constantly, it might be heard and taken into consideration, if it is a good idea.
Reply Quote

I think that another reason that it is unappealing is that it costs a lot of gold for your average run of the mill 4 property rare helm is ~42,000 plus the materials to make it. What logical person is going to sink in so much gold rolling bad stats when you can go to the AH and see what you want for half the cost and time

In addition what is up with gem cost scaling? going from 100 gold per merge to 30k to 50k to 80k onwards, that is horribly designed exponential scale. Also please include craft all possible gems button, clicking the craft button and waiting 3-4 seconds each craft, crafting 50+ of the same gem is boring and a waste of time similar to not having an identify all button on rares. i would rather buy scrolls of identification cheaply than be bored waiting for the items to show their stats.
Edited by Zebo#1735 on 9/28/2012 7:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Lylirra,

Man it still seems confusing to me having iLvl, mLvl, and required level for items in 1.0.5. Especially with this whole legendary affix thing lol.
Reply Quote
Monster Power 1-10
------------------------------
Inferno – Act I,II,III and IV
iLvl 61: 27.1%
iLvl 62: 21.7%
iLvl 63: 16.3%

So base on that information. Act 1 have the same drop rate for legendary and set compare to act3?

But Act3 have a much higher chance to get good rare since all rare will roll at ilvl63 affix, while only 16.3% of rare item in act1 have a chance to roll ilvl63 affix?
Reply Quote
Monster Power 1-10

So base on that information. Act 1 have the same drop rate for legendary and set compare to act3?

But Act3 have a much higher chance to get good rare since all rare will roll at ilvl63 affix, while only 16.3% of rare item in act1 have a chance to roll ilvl63 affix?

All acts with MP1 or higher will drop nothing but items with ilevel 63 affix. That drop rate now only applies to the base armor/weapon piece, such as archon, or sovereign. The stats that roll on the items however, will always be ilevel 63.
Edited by B0SSK0NG#1873 on 9/28/2012 7:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Monster Power 1-10

All acts with MP1 or higher will drop nothing but items with ilevel 63 affix. That drop rate now only applies to the base armor/weapon piece, such as archon, or sovereign. The stats that roll on the items however, will always be ilevel 63.

Thank you. I should have read through everything before asking question.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]