Diablo® III

Affixes based on ilvl of monster

09/28/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Gadra
if blizzard was doing this w/ real goods/services theyd be in jail in no time for bait and switch practices. its pretty fricking morally wrong how they keep altering the game so much and devaluing peoples gear they payed money for into the ground. but i guess if your moronic enough to pay real money for fake game weapons and armor you deserve this.

Dude, its a game, calm down
Reply Quote

Thank you. I should have read through everything before asking question.

In all fairness, I had to stop and think about it a second too. It can get a bit convoluted.
Edited by Akvavit#1160 on 9/28/2012 8:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Lylirra
Quick question. Does this mean that on MP1 and up a treasure goblin spawned by the puzzle ring proc will be level 63?

Treasure goblins that spawn from Puzzle Rings will still be level 61 (in all acts of Inferno). This is regardless of Monster Power.

Lylirra,

Legendaries can roll two types of stats. The first type are kind like hard coded ranges. E.g. storm crow always has an int roll between like 90-100. The second are random magical properties. Could you clarify that when a legendary rolls a random magical property, that it is NOT being rolled w.r.t to monster level, but from the 1.04 method.

On the PTR right now, random Legendary affixes do not benefit from monster level (they still roll with the item level). As I mentioned previously, this is intended and how we believed Legendary items should continue to behave in 1.0.5, along with crafted items and vendor items. Due the feedback we've seen, though, we are currently considering changing how that works, so that the random Legendary affixes (the magical properties you mentioned, not the hard-coded ones) -- can roll at the monster's level.

It's not settled yet, of course, and it's something we'd want to test it pretty heavily if we do decide to move forward with the change, but it's definitely not something we're opposed to doing.

Actual xp values on mobs can still vary just like how a bowman has 3600 xp and a stygian crawler is 4500, mob density and clear speed, in terms of the actual loot itself, absolutely none, hope this clears it up for you, and yes i played the ptr extensively and can confirm this 100%

Play wherever you think is most fun for equal loot reward.

Nailed it. There will be still be some differences between the Inferno acts (due to the way the monsters are designed), but it's really up to your personal play style right now. If you feel more comfortable farming Act 1, do that. If you like the flow and pace of Act III better, then spend your time there. Since monsters in each act will share the same drop tables in Inferno at MP1 and higher, the idea is for you to play where you want without having to worry explicitly about which monsters drop what and how often. Some acts might be more efficient for you in the end, but that's really for you to decide.

Thanks for your response Lylirra, please consider doing this. There's a lot of legendary that are not lvl 63 so having them improved would help a lot otherwise we're only looking at jewelry upgrades and a hell fire ring to deal with monsters with TONS and TONS of more HP as well as more damage output PLUS ubers.

We need to be awarded more in loot quality, many of us wear legendary and if it's going to be same old same old progression will go back a steep hill to climb making most of the positive changes in loot in this patch not mean as much.

Re-gearing is something a lot will have to do anyway with the balance changes it would be nice if we could re-gear and have better stats rather than just 'oh this item will do better with this build' and not gain any stat benefit. Know what I mean?

Basically what I'm trying to really get at is if you're doubling the legendary drops, let them actually mean something, rares will still have their place, especially jewelry. You'll only be making us happy that there is better legendary to get and not same old same old. More re-gearing = more gold value = more money in Blizzard's pocket.

It's win win for everyone.
Reply Quote
what about legendary drops? currently A3 drops only the best legendaries.

Will 1.05 be the same when I select MP 1 ? or will 63 legendaries be found in ALL ACTS at MP 1 and above?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679558918?page=5#83 :)

are the drop rates still the same?? will i have a higher % of getting a 63 legendary in act 3 than i would in act 1/2?
Reply Quote

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679558918?page=5#83 :)

are the drop rates still the same?? will i have a higher % of getting a 63 legendary in act 3 than i would in act 1/2?
Good question I hope they even out the Ilvl 63s between all acts when MP is enabled.
Reply Quote
Just a thought here (with logical explanations):

Crafting CANNOT be allowed to roll ilvl63 rolls.

The reason for this is that unlike farming, crafting takes almost no time AT ALL. Meaning that in a short amount of time, tons of "godly" items are produced. And the thing is EVERYONE can do it. They just have some base material/gold, then they just craft all day long.

When 1.04 hit, everyone started crafting 1handers. Soon the market became overflooded with "godly" 1handers. Everyone started undercutting each other until the whole market crashed to 50k per "godly" 1hander.

It will be very sad to see this happen again. Then this game is no longer about farming, but rather about crafting.
Reply Quote
haven't touch d3 for 3 months now ,, been waiting for patch 1.09 out to play ,,
Reply Quote
why is it not a good idea to let rings and ammies roll lvl 63? i don't get the grief some people throw around... should we all still be living in caves then?
Reply Quote
On the PTR right now, random Legendary affixes do not benefit from monster level (they still roll with the item level). As I mentioned previously, this is intended and how we believed Legendary items should continue to behave in 1.0.5, along with crafted items and vendor items. Due the feedback we've seen, though, we are currently considering changing how that works, so that the random Legendary affixes (the magical properties you mentioned, not the hard-coded ones) -- can roll at the monster's level.

It's not settled yet, of course, and it's something we'd want to test it pretty heavily if we do decide to move forward with the change, but it's definitely not something we're opposed to doing.

You should really re-consider the whole thing. I assume you don't want to change the legendaries because of the 1.0.4 versions and not wanting to diminish their value. However Tal Rasha's amulet for example, is currently best in slot. It will no longer be the case unless it's possible to roll 63 affixes on the hard coded and random affixes.

So in the end, people who currently have these will still be replacing it. You might as well change it because people are still going to have to change amulets. If they're wanting top tier dps that is. Of course the amulets are still good and if the new ones roll 61-100 critical damage, the old ones would just be considered low rolls. Either way their value will diminish.

EDIT: Or you should just remove the ilvl 63 affixes from rings and amulets and solve the problem that way. Which is probably the best method even though I'm drooling at the mouth for 10cc/100cd amulets. This way you won't have to mess with legendaries and there were never ilvl 63 jewelry anyway. So nothing will diminish.
Edited by Testa#1399 on 9/28/2012 11:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Good question I hope they even out the Ilvl 63s between all acts when MP is enabled.

How is that a good question?! You even quoted the link where that question was previously answered. It's amazing that blizz has a rep patient enough to respond to threads where people don't even pay attention to what they're going to say anyway.

Legendary items won't be revamped this patch short of the possibility of their random stats rolling on monster level. They're making it harder for the people who wanted the challenge and easier for the people who couldn't cope with the difficulty as it was. It's win win, you aren't going to get a free godly gear pass if you were one of the people who can't handle the higher difficulty.

You should try to read what's been posted and you'll find that a lot of answers have been given. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/search?f=post&a=Lylirra&sort=time
Reply Quote
Blizzard, when you nerfed critical mass, you said that proc rates on some legendaries would offset the nerf. If you move forward and DO NOT BUFF legendaries so that they also roll stats based off of iLvL, in the end, people will end up using rares in most cases with higher crit than the legendaries you said CM wizards would be using if they wanted to stick with CM.

It doesn't make sense.

As much as I HATE the fact that the items keep changing and this would be yet another change to allow legendaries to roll based off monster level, I truly believe this is a change that is necessary if you truly want people to use the new legendaries versus sticking with rares for legendaries that are not iLvL 63.
Reply Quote
Ok, so question (might be a dumb one, but I'm somewhat dumb myself): in 1.05, with monster power on (meaning anything above 0), will every act be feasible? As in droprates, would it be exactly the same thing farming act 1 or 3? Or are there downsides to farming act 1, and act 3 will still be boss?
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 11:54 PMPosted by Dekal1
I don't see the point in farming for 1.0.5. You call can say it's to better the game but that is ridiculous. We should all be farming for a purpose. Not wasting our hours. Blizzard can pay people to test their games. As far as i'm concerend, it's not right to ask us to play PTR with non transferrable items.
Er. This is how testing servers work? Some of us *enjoy* checking things out, playing around with things before they're released, and having a chance to give feedback on things we'd like changed. If you don't want to play on it... don't? I really don't get your position. You make it sound like Blizz is making you play on it or something. Dunno what you're going on about with "farming," that's not really the point? Are you referring to people testing the infernal machine, or...?
Reply Quote
"the random Legendary affixes (the magical properties you mentioned, not the hard-coded ones) -- can roll at the monster's level."

Please at the very least test this on the PTR! I think this is a very necessary change. If you consider the effects these new rolls on rares will have on legendaries it becomes very clear that these rares will become superior to legendaries YET AGAIN! The legendaries MUST be brought up to the same caliber!
Edited by mavericK#1718 on 9/29/2012 6:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
well if blizzard does change item stats 1-2 times more i guess many of us will just leave cause its a pain to gear up once imagine 5 times untill pvp
there are other games with much more fun atm and less money to pay to be uber....

so they better think again about legendaries cause those who bought them didnt spent little gold like the rares...
unless if they can let us somehow enchant old legendaries only to be like the new or else a company cant change so often items worth 100s of euro
Reply Quote
I am just concerned that act 1 will be the farming spot everyone will choose. The enemies there are just mechanically easier than anything else in the game.
Reply Quote
A2 will be the farm spot. For a long time people chose it over A3 anyway, even when they were capable of farming A3. The elite density is much higher.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]