Diablo® III

Affixes based on ilvl of monster

Do hope Blizz will make legendary amulets & rings roll lvl63 too for their random properties. Otherwise, it is probable that the Blackthorne's Duncraig Cross becomes trash again.
Reply Quote
lylirra,
i have a question for you.. if this change is implemented does that mean the zunimassas vision helm could potentially roll 6% chance instead of maxed at 4.5 and the zunimassas string of skulls will now be able to roll 10%chance i think if this is implemented gear from 1.04 should get buffed respectively to the change i dont think its fair people spend all this money and then within a few weeks you guys decide to change the items devaluing items we spent hours farming to obtain... i mean if you guys can go and change attack speed im sure you can go and buff crit chance on items that your going to buff its only fair if not then its just another money skeem and u guys will only do changes to gear that puts money in your pocket please let me know thanks!!
Reply Quote
In short,Legendary items should roll the Random magical props based on the monsters lvl,that way the prices won't seem so high for the top items.Having a set/legendary amulet with >80 Crit damage would be nice.
Reply Quote
Legendaries Random Properties should roll at monster level! So allow them to roll at lvl 63 if in a MP1+ game.
Reply Quote
For what it's worth, I'm also trying to get a buff to the non-random properties just so these legendary items continue to be desirable. Link:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712862978
Reply Quote
I think it all boils down to who Blizzard want to cater to.

A player how's invested time/gold/money to buy a lot of top rolled existing gear will probably be against the change.

Or a player still in the process of gearing up, who doesn't care weather or not "rich kids" end up having their top loot devalued severely yet again.

I find myself, like most others, in the middle. I have a couple of very expensive legendary items that would drop in price considerably if such a change were implemented. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind a higher chance at a decent roll next time I find a set/legendary item.

If it were up to me, I would leave set/legendary items untouched. They're in a good place now. We've had the Ias nerf, 1.0.3, and probably at least one exapansion that will further rock that particular boat.

And as Blizzard themselves said, a change like this would require massive testing, which would further delay 1.0.5. I don't know about you guys, but I'm really tired of farming Act III, and would appreciate a change as soon as possible.
Edited by Cosmin#2709 on 10/2/2012 11:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm not well-versed enough to talk about affixes or prefixes, but I know this one thing:

Dex and Str rolls on Ceremonial knives and mojos are useless. Dex and Str rolls on wands and sources are useless. In DII, you sometimes needed bonus Str to equip another item that had a Str requirement. Not in DIII, so when you roll a useless stat on a great item, it just...ruins everything. The fun of the game, the satisfaction in finding something. Just more trash to sell for gold.

You fix stuff like that...useless rolls on class-specific gear, and you would have solved about 20-30% of the itemization problems.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6758257198

And when Blizzard implements lv64 items and affixes, this system could be easily integrated into it without releasing all-new loot.
Reply Quote
Legendary items need to roll at item level other wise most of them will be worth a ton less or even become trash.

Legendary jewelery should get special attention because of the new ilvl63 jewelery affixes. If they arent boosted most of the legendary jewelery will be garbage.

The whole point of 1.04 was to improve legendary items and now in 1.05 you are VERY close to taking a huge step backwards

I'm not well-versed enough to talk about affixes or prefixes, but I know this one thing:

Dex and Str rolls on Ceremonial knives and mojos are useless. Dex and Str rolls on wands and sources are useless. In DII, you sometimes needed bonus Str to equip another item that had a Str requirement. Not in DIII, so when you roll a useless stat on a great item, it just...ruins everything. The fun of the game, the satisfaction in finding something. Just more trash to sell for gold.

You fix stuff like that...useless rolls on class-specific gear, and you would have solved about 20-30% of the itemization problems.

i have to agree that this is also a very important thing that needs attention. You keep increasing the amount of pottential good loot we can get. But you also increase the amount of vendor garbage by a tremendous amount.

So before throwing more items at us you need to give itemisation a lot of attention
Edited by Nanaki#1926 on 10/3/2012 12:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Lylirra
Does this mean that items from monsters from act 1 inferno (monster ilvl 61) will roll stats = ilvl 61 even if the item is ilvl63 or 62 or 58 or...

On the PTR currently, an item's level will determine its base DPS and armor stats, and the monster's level will determine the level of the affixes that roll on the item. There is an exception to this, though:

If an item's level is higher than the monster's level, the affixes will roll at the item's level instead. We felt this was an important exception to make, because players farming Act I of Inferno without any [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712831240?page=1"]Monster Power[/url] may still get ilevel 62 and 63 items from sub-63 monsters, and we want to make sure that those items are still good.

(Edit: Legendary items, vendor items, and crafted items from the Blacksmith are also an [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679558918?page=3#56"]exception[/url].)

Think they are limiting items to 58 and above in Inferno.

Correct!

So if I understand correctly.

In act I inferno (no MP) - Itemlevels are no less then 58, and you saying the onlything ilvl does now is pretty much DPS and Armor base. Now what I find a little confusing

If I find a ilvl of 62 (without MP) it will roll ilvl 62 affixes? But in MP1+ it will roll ilvl 63 affixes?

Or what you are saying is no MP will roll each items affixes appropriately unless MP1+ etc

If a ilvl 58 dropped inferno act I MP1+ it will roll ilvl63 affixes (because the moster levels are 63)? Or just has a chance to? (greater chance)?
Reply Quote

So if I understand correctly.

In act I inferno (no MP) - Itemlevels are no less then 58, and you saying the onlything ilvl does now is pretty much DPS and Armor base. Now what I find a little confusing

If I find a ilvl of 62 (without MP) it will roll ilvl 62 affixes? But in MP1+ it will roll ilvl 63 affixes?

Or what you are saying is no MP will roll each items affixes appropriately unless MP1+ etc

If a ilvl 58 dropped inferno act I MP1+ it will roll ilvl63 affixes (because the moster levels are 63)? Or just has a chance to? (greater chance)?

I see it like that

MP0:

a1 - every monster is mlvl61 (with some rarely mlvl62 and maybe mlvl63 - or not here at all)
a2 - every monster is mlvl 62 (and then rarely mlvl63)
a3, a4 - all monsters are mlvl63

1) you have found ilvl58 in a1 = you got dmg from ilvl58 and affixes of mlvl61 as this is most common monster there (same drop in a2 will have mlvl62 affixes and so on into a3/a4 with mlvl63 affixes)

2) you have found ilvl 63 in a1 = you got dmg and affixes are from ilvl63
- if I remember correctly there was blue post stating that affixes will be of mlvl unless ilvl>mlvl - then affixes are ilvl (or at least that is how I understood that post - forgot where it was so it is hard for me to quote it here)

MP1+

a1,a2,a3,a4 - all monsters are mlvl63

1) ilvl58 drops - dmg form ilvl58 and affixes of mlvl63
2) ilvl63 drops - dmg and affixes from ilvl63

BTW. I'm all for ilvl63 rolls on random legendary affixes - hard-coded should stay as they are now but only new ones - those that are here already stay as they are
Edited by thecr0w#2496 on 10/3/2012 7:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Anyone who thinks buffing buffed legendaries is a good idea... Doesnt think very well.

No one would use rares. Price on goldly legendaries would skyrocket even moreso. Old buffed legendaries would be inferior, causing a semi market crash in the process, yet they would still be too expensive for most (tal rasha am y with cc for example). Market floods with overpirced gear, and rares no one buys except for less than 1m, even on godly rolls.

Yeah, great idea. OR you have balanced system of choice between higher rolled rares vs set bonuses/legendary affixes.

Chaos or balance? Much like the french revolution, the poor want chaos, not balance.

Off with their heads!

My idea is good:

Buff legendaries that are item lvl 60-62 in terms of hardcoded rolls, making many lvl 60 items like frostburns, grin reaper, and such more viable, but keep the random property rolls the same.

Most ppl arent using lvl 60 legendaries as is, so the effect would be minimal. Would add to diversity of desireable items and allow for rares to have thier place as being better IF godly rolled, and comparable otherise.
Reply Quote
I'm all for legendaries rolling ilvl63 affixes; otherwise legendary rings and ammies will become trash. Who will want a Pox with 4.5% CC when a 6% CC rare ring can be found?

To those who say no one will want rares if legendaries can roll ilvl63 affixes: Legendaries are supposed to be better than rares!! Is this too hard to comprehend? Rares are still worth picking up because not everyone can afford legendaries and therefore good rares will still be in demand. The market will eventually figure it out itself.
Edited by ydooby#3596 on 10/3/2012 12:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 11:37 AMPosted by ydooby
Legendaries are supposed to be better than rares!! Is this too hard to comprehend?

I see it best that you adjust your concept of legendary's. Seriously, re-read the statement. I feel like that is pretty much saying that you would also be upset if a minor league baseball player was better than a professional. But he's titled "professional!" He's supposed to be better!

Why argue such a thing. One or the other is going to be better, and there will always be a best item, items in the middle, and ect... Does the best item need to be designated by a color, the inability to dye, and more consistent duplicates of the item? That's OCD. Why worry about such a thing.

10/02/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Cosmin
And as Blizzard themselves said, a change like this would require massive testing, which would further delay 1.0.5. I don't know about you guys, but I'm really tired of farming Act III, and would appreciate a change as soon as possible.

Overall, blizzard is receiving an overwhelming amount of idea's and suggestions for change where some do seem better or interesting. But these probably should and would require massive testing. For now, they have fixed a lot of bugs, balanced a few things, and decided to change a few things that they tested and see as beneficial. It is the perfectionist fallacy to argue that since they didn't fix everything nothing should be done! It's ungrateful to not realize it's at least better. (unless you strongly hate the significant changes to the point where it's not better)

As for people who opposes these jewelry change that will take away from money they spent or now rendering godly items as mediocre. Bottom line... I guess it's gonna happen. You took a hit, that sucks. But at this point it doesn't seem feasible that there's much you can do...

Idk why I just wrote that it looks pretty pointless. Just so many people seemed so emotional and heated over stuff.. Had to add some therapy to the session lololol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]