Diablo® III

Affixes based on ilvl of monster

Whats the situation on crafted items?
Crafting right now is dead.... would be nice to get some 63 affixes on crafted items as well.
In the new ptr patchnotes only the "found" legendaries get 63 affixes for their random stats, but guys give some love to the crafted legendaries, they need 63 affixes on their random tsats imo.
Reply Quote
Can someone explain the following statement in the new patch notes whether it also implies to buff the affix on legendary jewelry?

•Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed (rather than the item's level)
•This now applies to random affixes on Legendary items
Reply Quote

Nailed it. There will be still be some differences between the Inferno acts (due to the way the monsters are designed), but it's really up to your personal play style right now. If you feel more comfortable farming Act 1, do that. If you like the flow and pace of Act III better, then spend your time there. Since monsters in each act will share the same drop tables in Inferno at MP1 and higher, the idea is for you to play where you want without having to worry explicitly about which monsters drop what and how often. Some acts might be more efficient for you in the end, but that's really for you to decide.

Man this game needed the bolded SO bad. I am ecstatic that you guys did this. Act 1 is my absolute favorite but I have stopped playing because only Act 2 and 3 can really be farmed for really decent stuff. Now I can set the MP and just go to town in my favorite, Act 1.
Reply Quote
Can someone explain the following statement in the new patch notes whether it also implies to buff the affix on legendary jewelry?

•Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed (rather than the item's level)

As I understand it legendaries have hard coded stats that they are guaranteed to roll for and then there are other affixes randomly rolled for. Monster levels are as follows: act1-61, act2-62, and act 3/4-63. This means that all items that drop in act1 will roll level 61 affixes unless, of course, a lvl 62 or 63 item drops then the item will roll based on its own level. If a level 58 legendary drops from a monster in act 3 its random properties (not hard coded stats) will roll at level 63.

This help?

Edit:
Now I'm starting to question myself is this part correct?
This means that all items that drop in act1 will roll level 61 affixes unless, of course, a lvl 62 or 63 item drops then the item will roll based on its own level.
Edited by OverKill#1223 on 10/6/2012 9:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote

As I understand it legendaries have hard coded stats that they are guaranteed to roll for and then there are other affixes randomly rolled for. Monster levels are as follows: act1-61, act2-62, and act 3/4-63. This means that all items that drop in act1 will roll level 61 affixes unless, of course, a lvl 62 or 63 item drops then the item will roll based on its own level. If a level 58 legendary drops from a monster in act 3 its random properties (not hard coded stats) will roll at level 63.

This help?

Edit:
Now I'm starting to question myself is this part correct?
This means that all items that drop in act1 will roll level 61 affixes unless, of course, a lvl 62 or 63 item drops then the item will roll based on its own level.

Thx for the explanation, then it seems that some rings such as Litany of the Undaunted, the critical chance will not be buffed as it is hardcoded, but Nat ring can be buffed to 6% as it is considered as a random property.
Reply Quote
What about the Zunimassa's Vision? Right now for some bizarre reason its crit chance is capped at 4.5% even though the crit chance of a zuni is a random property and not a hard-coded one. All the other helms including rare ones get up to 6% crit chance! Can Blizzard confirm that the Zuni Vision will be able to roll 6% CC in 1.0.5?
Reply Quote
It is annoyed that every patch brings more or less changes to the current legendary items, which means we have to start over farming and looking into AH for the same legendary items with a more powerful stats.
So from my understanding, all the affixes on the current lvl 62 legendary items will have a higher chance of affixes in patch 1.05 correct? In another word, the highest grade legendary 1.05 items compare to the highest grade legendary 1.04 items are more powerful.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]