Diablo® III

Affixes based on ilvl of monster

zt king obviously there are some kids out there that are morons so they say stupid stuff; they belong working at a snack bar. There IQ is that of an average cockroach
Reply Quote

Good point! That somehow eluded me in my stupidity, my bad. That said, I still think they've pretty much 99.9% confirmed that MP1 makes every act the equivelant of Act 3/Act 4 on live for every sort of drop mechanic.

Yeah every drop mechanic, AND it appears Act 1 MP1 is about as hard as Act 3 MP1, which is interesting.

This is the point where I remember the time pre-release where they announced they were moving from a flat difficulty curve (i.e MP1 on every act) to a progressive curve, and arguing against it as a bad idea.

/dons hipster hat

Really glad they've decided to reverse course, though.
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Lylirra
On the PTR currently, an item's level will determine its base DPS and armor stats, and the monster's level will determine the level of the affixes that roll on the item.

What does this mean for rings and amulets? Since they don't have any inherent "DPS" or "Armor", does their item level affect their stats at all? Or are all rings and amulets going to have l63 affixes now? (In ML1 or above)
Reply Quote
Does this mean that items from monsters from act 1 inferno (monster ilvl 61) will roll stats = ilvl 61 even if the item is ilvl63 or 62 or 58 or...

On the PTR currently, an item's level will determine its base DPS and armor stats, and the monster's level will determine the level of the affixes that roll on the item. There is an exception to this, though:

If an item's level is higher than the monster's level, the affixes will roll at the item's level instead. We felt this was an important exception to make, because players farming Act I of Inferno without any [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712831240?page=1"]Monster Power[/url] may still get ilevel 62 and 63 items from sub-63 monsters, and we want to make sure that those items are still good.

Think they are limiting items to 58 and above in Inferno.

Correct!

I have two suggestions:

(1) In 1.05, inferno only drops items above lv58, then does it means we are not able to see items below lv58? I believe almost every player will only play the inferno. It is a waste of resources if gears below lv58 is just disappeared. That's quite regretful because I like some appearances of low lv item very moch (lv53 barb helm for instance). Will that be possible to modify the item lv in 1.05? For example, we have 2 or 3 different appearances of lv63 helms instead of just archon one?

(2) I found that the items drop in 1.05 will have a required lv higher than item lv which makes item lv quite meaningless. and it also implies that the item is a "cheap" item but this is not the case in 1.05. The only thing differentiate a good gear from a bad one is the affixes. So it would not be harmful to remove the item lv. At the very beginning of D3 there is not such thing as item lv.

Can't wait for 1.05, although my main char is a WW barb. I admit that WW barb is outstanding at this moment (all classes has there time, DH and WIZ is like GOD before 1.03, and WD is as powerful as barb at this moment if the appearance of WD is more attractive. I can foresee that the DH and MONK will rise in 1.05). However, there is always an idea in my head that BLZ should create more power builds instead of just focusing on buffing a single skill and nerf WW build.
Edited by listen#1111 on 9/25/2012 7:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think blizzard should reconsider about 1 thing, base on the new rings/ new amulet, that is some crazy DPS buff, with average players HP, that will kill them instantly vs reflect mobs, they either raise each vitality point add like 70 HP, or else if they try to make the new drops to roll higher stats, they will pissed everyone off and ask more players to quit
Edited by AudiR8GT#1893 on 9/25/2012 7:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 06:51 PMPosted by Zeriel
That said, I still think they've pretty much 99.9% confirmed that MP1 makes every act the equivelant of Act 3/Act 4 on live for every sort of drop mechanic.
Act number affects the ilvl of the item though, which determines base stats.

You'll be able to find good lower ilvl items with the change, but the ilvl still affects the starting point of the items. Which is determined by act number.
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Drawde
That said, I still think they've pretty much 99.9% confirmed that MP1 makes every act the equivelant of Act 3/Act 4 on live for every sort of drop mechanic.
Act number affects the ilvl of the item though, which determines base stats.

You'll be able to find good lower ilvl items with the change, but the ilvl still affects the starting point of the items. Which is determined by act number.

According to BLZ, as long as you turn on MP, the drop rate will be indentical throughout the whole INFERNO. Then players are free to choose the act number and not need to care about the drop rate.
Reply Quote
Lylirra does this include legendary? Since the AH is currently down on test and there's not many items in the system yet I cannot tell.

Thanks if response :)

On the PTR currently, an item's level will determine its base DPS and armor stats, and the monster's level will determine the level of the affixes that roll on the item. There is an exception to this, though:

If an item's level is higher than the monster's level, the affixes will roll at the item's level instead. We felt this was an important exception to make, because players farming Act I of Inferno without any [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712831240?page=1"]Monster Power[/url] may still get ilevel 62 and 63 items from sub-63 monsters, and we want to make sure that those items are still good.

Correct!

How about the legendary items?
Will an ilvl 61 legendary item drop from a lvl 63 monster has 63 affixes?
Reply Quote
Will this affect crafting? Or are we stuck with lvl 62 affixs..
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Lylirra
Does this mean that items from monsters from act 1 inferno (monster ilvl 61) will roll stats = ilvl 61 even if the item is ilvl63 or 62 or 58 or...

Correct!

Love this, and I have been playing in the PTR. Items are much much better. And 100% of the rares you find (once you turn on monster power), have a chance to be great. As opposed to now, where something like 20% have a chance to be great. So that feeling of a great item just around the corner is finally there at all times in all 4 Acts. Too bad I can't keep any of the good stuff I have found! ;)

I hope the patch get released next tuesday!
Reply Quote
Blizzard should update and fix all their items (Armors/Weapons) since it messed up compared to World of Warcraft.

For example:

LEGENDARIES (Brown/Gold colors) should be "LEGENDARIES", it means it's the ULTIMATELY POWERFUL ITEMS (Armors/Weapons). These ITEMS are even part of the book/novels used by all the heroes.

SET ITEMS (Green colors), SUPER POWERFUL ITEMS...

UNIQUE ITEMS/RARE ITEMS (Yellow/Blue colors), POWERFUL ITEMS and so on...

Blizzard should also take control of all the prizes at the Auction House whether Gold or Real Money. They should REGULATE or CENTRALIZED all the prizes of all items at the Auction House that are more AFFORDABLE/REASONABLE and FAIR PRIZE for ALL PLAYERS.

If Blizzard want to ATTRACT more PLAYERS/CUSTOMERS to make more PROFIT for the company they should put it all into actions not just promises. It should be PLAYER-FRIENDLY and ADVANTAGEOUS GAME for ALL bcoz some NPC's or Monsters are IMPOSSIBLE or so HARD to handle. You will get BORED and lost your interest IN-GAME to PLAY. They should FIX all these PROBLEMS as soon as possible or else they will LOSE a LOT of MONEY and PLAYERS/CUSTOMERS in the future. Thank you.
Reply Quote
One thing people seem to be missing is that Inferno as a whole is now equalized... Not just when you turn on Monster Power, but even with it off

Said it in another thread - If you play with no monster power in 1.05, every act will actually be NERFED to act 1 difficulty... You can see it easily from the hp monsters have... Act 3 mobs have roughly half of their normal hp (champions 750K, rares 1.5million, ghom 4million, etc)

This means for people just wanting to complete Inferno, Act 3 and 4 have now become a complete joke

It also means the difficulty curve from Mp0 to Mp1 is HUGE, since mobs will literally gain twice as much hp/dmg

Also, I think Act 1 mobs are in need of some tweaking, because their base stats are scaling so much, they become the strongest mobs in the game when you activate MP

My Wiz on MP10 gets 1 shot by Berserker glowing attack, which no other mob in the game can come close to doing, not even the Mallet Lords in Act4
Same for Hp, the Hulk guys in Halls of Agony have about 600K+ hp in Mp1, which is even more than Demonic Tremors in A3
Reply Quote
Just like everyone else is asking, will legendaries roll the 63 lvl affixes?

What about rings/amulets? they are currently at 62 ilvl. will they be able to roll 63 affixes as well? example: ring 6 crit chance. Will that be possible?

If jewelry can roll higher then what it is now, will the legendary/set jewelry be updated to match this change?
Reply Quote
Posted by Lylirra

Correct!

Can you confirm that the resultant buff to jewelry affix rolls is intentional and there is no correction coming?

Thanks!

We really need a confirmation to this. Thanks!
Reply Quote
I am not in favor of this change. How does it make any sense for the only difference between item levels to be only base armor and damage? Now I have to pick up each and every rare that drops, spending even more time IDing items that will overwhelmingly be vendor trash. I want to see fewer rares but have the ones that do drop actually be more likely to be quality items so I actually look forward to the drops Im getting. A much better fix would have be for example to increase the drop rate of high ilvl items and sets/legendaries (slightly), remove useless affixes like health globe radius and thorns, and finally increase the likelihood of 5 and 6 affix rares.
Edited by Fusrodah#1817 on 9/26/2012 4:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
See what I would like to know is for anyone playing the PTR anything they find in the PTR do they get to keep when patch releases?
Reply Quote
So in short, enabling MP level will improve item affixes and going beyond MP 1 is only to get your magic find up?
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712831240#5

blue post says all monsters are lvl 63 in inferno with MP1+. So you can do any act that suits you for farmign and have equal chance of drops as act 4 + pony lvl...
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 10:45 PMPosted by Fusrodah
remove useless affixes like health globe radius

Have you ever tried playing with 0 health globe radius? Maybe you have and don't mind, but I did once and it sucked! You only need it on one piece of equipment though. Stacking it is indeed pointless. So I say, don't remove it, just make it more rare for it to show up on items.

And thorns should be a percentage of the dmg done to you. Kinda like reflect damage. That way it would be equally useful in all the power levels. I mean if you have like 10,000 thorns dmg per hit, that's not completely useless when enemies have low hp, but when a zombie has like 5 million hp or whatever, then it truly is completely useless.

Now I have to pick up each and every rare that drops, spending even more time IDing items that will overwhelmingly be vendor trash. I want to see fewer good rares drop but have the ones that do drop actually be more likely to be quality items so I actually look forward to the drops Im getting.

I do wish it was like this too. I would much rather clear an entire act and get 10 rares (1 great/4 decent/5 trash) as opposed to 100 rares (1 great/4 decent/95 trash).
These "rare" items are ironically too common.

Oh the other hand, I kinda like the whole "scratch ticket" feeling you get from identifying an inventory full of rares. And now with the new patch, 100% of the rares I find and identify will at least have a chance to be good. As opposed to now, where only around 20% of rares have a chance to be good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]