Diablo® III

Affixes based on ilvl of monster

What the!
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 07:28 PMPosted by AudiR8GT
I think blizzard should reconsider about 1 thing, base on the new rings/ new amulet, that is some crazy DPS buff, with average players HP, that will kill them instantly vs reflect mobs, they either raise each vitality point add like 70 HP, or else if they try to make the new drops to roll higher stats, they will pissed everyone off and ask more players to quit

So I'm going to rage quit because I find some awesome ring and ammy that double my DPS and I occasionally die to reflect?

I think I'll be able to handle it, if not I'll give the ring to my follower for safe keeping.

Now I understand that for you a couple rings like that and your going to be getting close to 1Mill dps.... I'm Jelly
Edited by AzBlueDevil#1249 on 9/26/2012 1:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Honestly, referring to items by quality level rather than supposed rarity makes more sense semantically.

Ideally, I never had a problem with an item rolling affixes based on its ilevel, that MAKES SENSE as far as I'm concerned. What I always thought was the problem in D3 was that the RANGES on the stats seemed way too wide. It would be such a simple fix to make the rolls tighter, I don't get why Blizzard seems adamantly against that idea.

Ie, [and I don't mean these as real-game examples, but just as an example for argument's sake] an ilevel 60 item should roll a stat of like 80-130, rather than 50-130. There should be some overlap between ilevels but nowhere near the extent we see now.
Edited by Japhasca#1443 on 9/26/2012 1:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Honestly, referring to items by quality level rather than supposed rarity makes more sense semantically.

Ideally, I never had a problem with an item rolling affixes based on its ilevel, that MAKES SENSE as far as I'm concerned. What I always thought was the problem in D3 was that the RANGES on the stats seemed way too wide. It would be such a simple fix to make the rolls tighter, I don't get why Blizzard seems adamantly against that idea.

Ie, [and I don't mean these as real-game examples, but just as an example for argument's sake] an ilevel 60 item should roll a stat of like 80-130, rather than 50-130. There should be some overlap between ilevels but nowhere near the extent we see now.

Simple, it would take out the RNG modifier in a big way which would affect their RMAH bottomline.

Tightening the stat rolls is the only real fix that can be made to this game's itemization. Everything else is just a blindfold they try to pull over our eyes for a brief moment before we see through it once again after a few days.

They can do all the mathematical wizardry they want to make us think they are improving drops like making all enemies lvl63 and making lower level items base their rolls off enemy levels so we see a lot of ilvl63 items drop or ilvl59 items with +10000 health from globes, but in the end they still hold the main master wildcard of RNG in their hands which will ensure 99.99% drops are crap.

It's the same thing everytime...
Hey we increased droprates of ilvl63 items!
Hey we made all enemies lvl63 and also made mlvl affect ilvl!

It is all for nought when RNG and extremely loose stat ranges exponentially alter the chance of any item not being crap.

Another side-effect of tightening the stats and RNG would be adversely affecting the longevity of the game because without RNG the itemization is extremely simple as Primary/Vitality/RA on armor and IAS/CC/CD on jewelery is all what every class looks for in items.
Reply Quote
deleted
Edited by Kinseth#1345 on 9/26/2012 8:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard should also take control of all the prizes at the Auction House whether Gold or Real Money. They should REGULATE or CENTRALIZED all the prizes of all items at the Auction House that are more AFFORDABLE/REASONABLE and FAIR PRIZE for ALL PLAYERS..

You are mad.
Reply Quote
Blizzard should update and fix all their items (Armors/Weapons) since it messed up compared to World of Warcraft.

For example:

LEGENDARIES (Brown/Gold colors) should be "LEGENDARIES", it means it's the ULTIMATELY POWERFUL ITEMS (Armors/Weapons). These ITEMS are even part of the book/novels used by all the heroes.

SET ITEMS (Green colors), SUPER POWERFUL ITEMS...

UNIQUE ITEMS/RARE ITEMS (Yellow/Blue colors), POWERFUL ITEMS and so on...

Blizzard should also take control of all the prizes at the Auction House whether Gold or Real Money. They should REGULATE or CENTRALIZED all the prizes of all items at the Auction House that are more AFFORDABLE/REASONABLE and FAIR PRIZE for ALL PLAYERS.

If Blizzard want to ATTRACT more PLAYERS/CUSTOMERS to make more PROFIT for the company they should put it all into actions not just promises. It should be PLAYER-FRIENDLY and ADVANTAGEOUS GAME for ALL bcoz some NPC's or Monsters are IMPOSSIBLE or so HARD to handle. You will get BORED and lost your interest IN-GAME to PLAY. They should FIX all these PROBLEMS as soon as possible or else they will LOSE a LOT of MONEY and PLAYERS/CUSTOMERS in the future. Thank you.

Your MIND can't be more NARROW.
Reply Quote
a level 57 ring rolled in the PTR, does the level 58 minimum not apply to jewelry?
Reply Quote
Lylirra can you please answer this; currently inferno act 1 can drop ilvl61 and below legendaries/sets, act 2 ilvl62 and below and act 3-4 ilvl63 and below. (I haven't seen any official confirmation about this but I suppose it's true) After patch 1.05 when you select monster power 1 and above will this limit stay or not? I mean when you select a monster power enemies will become level 63 so will there be a possibility that they will be able to drop higher level legendaries/sets? For example is it possible to get a new ilvl63 stormshield in act 1 when patch 1.05 goes live?
Reply Quote
Another question is how is the chance to drop an ilvl 63 going to work now? I know the affixes can be lvl 63, but if you get +75% damage on an ilvl 58 item, it is going to be much crappier than +75% damage on an ilvl 63 of the same class. If the percentages of ilvl63 stay the same as they are now, then I think everybody will still go to a3/a4 to get more of the ilvl63 items.
Reply Quote
i58 items are still dropiing in act 3 is this supposed to be normal? i just tested on my babybarb
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Lylirra
Does this mean that items from monsters from act 1 inferno (monster ilvl 61) will roll stats = ilvl 61 even if the item is ilvl63 or 62 or 58 or...

On the PTR currently, an item's level will determine its base DPS and armor stats, and the monster's level will determine the level of the affixes that roll on the item. There is an exception to this, though:

If an item's level is higher than the monster's level, the affixes will roll at the item's level instead. We felt this was an important exception to make, because players farming Act I of Inferno without any [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712831240?page=1"]Monster Power[/url] may still get ilevel 62 and 63 items from sub-63 monsters, and we want to make sure that those items are still good.

Think they are limiting items to 58 and above in Inferno.

Correct!

Can you tell us if Rings and Amulets are going to be able to roll level 63 like they are currently on PTR?

Or is this an oversight, and all jewelry will be capped at ilvl62, and we can expect a fix in the PTR to reflect this?
Reply Quote
Hi Team

I want to test in PTR but I just make mistake in PTR region. I delete all heroes in PTR database and items. Could you help me to wipe this characters in PTR region to re-copy again from US region included mu items to test
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Lylirra
Does this mean that items from monsters from act 1 inferno (monster ilvl 61) will roll stats = ilvl 61 even if the item is ilvl63 or 62 or 58 or...

On the PTR currently, an item's level will determine its base DPS and armor stats, and the monster's level will determine the level of the affixes that roll on the item. There is an exception to this, though:

If an item's level is higher than the monster's level, the affixes will roll at the item's level instead. We felt this was an important exception to make, because players farming Act I of Inferno without any [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712831240?page=1"]Monster Power[/url] may still get ilevel 62 and 63 items from sub-63 monsters, and we want to make sure that those items are still good.

Think they are limiting items to 58 and above in Inferno.

Correct!

Thanks a lot for the clarification, appreciated!
Reply Quote
I would also like to see fewer drops of rares but tighter bands for affixes. I found a weapon in Act 3 Inferno in 1.0.4 that had a 20.3% chance to cause 21-27 poison damage over 5 seconds.

Read that again. It's less than +1 DPS.

That said, PTR's drop system is definitely an improvement over 1.0.4.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
How about the legendary items?
Will an ilvl 61 legendary item drop from a lvl 63 monster has 63 affixes?

Just talked with the developers, and they confirmed that Legendary items, vendor items, and crafting items (from the Blacksmith) are not affected by this change. Legendary drops will have the same stats in 1.0.5 as they do currently in 1.0.4.

I'll make sure my previous post links directly to this one, since it is new information.
Reply Quote
How about the legendary items?
Will an ilvl 61 legendary item drop from a lvl 63 monster has 63 affixes?

Just talked with the developers, and they confirmed that Legendary items, vendor items, and crafting items (from the Blacksmith) are not affected by this change. Legendary drops will have the same stats in 1.0.5 as they do currently in 1.0.4.

I'll make sure my previous post links directly to this one, since it is new information.

Good to know, any word on the Amulets and Rings in regards to are they going to beable to roll at ilvl63 now instead of max ilvl62 as it is currently with 1.04?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/26/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Kinseth
Good to know, any word on the Amulets and Rings in regards to are they going to beable to roll at ilvl63 now instead of max ilvl62 as it is currently with 1.04?

Still waiting on information about that. I'll report back once I hear either way. :)
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Lylirra

Still waiting on information about that. I'll report back once I hear either way. :)

Thanks! :) I think the collective community is holding their breaths wondering if their 100m+ amulets have just become obsolete.

Again thanks for all the info you are giving us.
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Lylirra

Cool thanks you guys have been very responsive to questions.

Still need my naked PTR character (now deleted cause what's the point)...reset though :p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]