Diablo® III

Affixes based on ilvl of monster

So now would be a great time to buy legendaries people are dumping cheap because they think they're about to be obsolete, even though they're not...
Reply Quote
Does this mean that items from monsters from act 1 inferno (monster ilvl 61) will roll stats = ilvl 61 even if the item is ilvl63 or 62 or 58 or...

On the PTR currently, an item's level will determine its base DPS and armor stats, and the monster's level will determine the level of the affixes that roll on the item. There is an exception to this, though:

If an item's level is higher than the monster's level, the affixes will roll at the item's level instead. We felt this was an important exception to make, because players farming Act I of Inferno without any [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712831240?page=1"]Monster Power[/url] may still get ilevel 62 and 63 items from sub-63 monsters, and we want to make sure that those items are still good.

(Edit: Legendary items, vendor items, and crafted items from the Blacksmith are also an [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679558918?page=3#56"]exception[/url].)

Think they are limiting items to 58 and above in Inferno.

Correct!

Does this mean we will now get sick lvl 63 rolled follower tokens? I have been waiting for legendary or sick follower tokens for quite some time.
Edited by KimJongIl#1613 on 9/26/2012 10:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So does this mean that all yellow items are going to be worth checking out? If a level 58 item can roll with level 63 affixes it would seem to me that you will be able to get some very good level 58 items with high affix rolls, even with the base stats of the items being lower. Obviously, the higher the item level the higher the potential, but it sounds like all items will be worth IDing now.
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Lylirra
Does this mean that items from monsters from act 1 inferno (monster ilvl 61) will roll stats = ilvl 61 even if the item is ilvl63 or 62 or 58 or...

On the PTR currently, an item's level will determine its base DPS and armor stats, and the monster's level will determine the level of the affixes that roll on the item. There is an exception to this, though:

If an item's level is higher than the monster's level, the affixes will roll at the item's level instead. We felt this was an important exception to make, because players farming Act I of Inferno without any [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712831240?page=1"]Monster Power[/url] may still get ilevel 62 and 63 items from sub-63 monsters, and we want to make sure that those items are still good.

(Edit: Legendary items, vendor items, and crafted items from the Blacksmith are also an [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679558918?page=3#56"]exception[/url].)

Think they are limiting items to 58 and above in Inferno.

Correct!

Why don't you have the item level effect the appearance, and the monster level effect everything else? As it stands, at 63, we're all visually using the same weapons and armor when we get best in slot items.
Reply Quote
Agreed.. Nothing but lvl 60 and up items should drop in Inferno.. Make the game as hard as you feel you need to for that to make sense, but dropping anything at all with a lvl of 59 or 58 is just as good as throwing them in the garbage without even ID'ing them. You should really consider this so we don't have to wait for another whole patch before you decide it's a good idea! Let's get as many people back as we can NOW!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/26/2012 06:53 AMPosted by Burdette305
a level 57 ring rolled in the PTR, does the level 58 minimum not apply to jewelry?

Rings and amulets should also abide by the new "Items below iLevel 58 no longer drop in Inferno difficulty" rule. We just confirmed that this is a bug, and we'll be fixing it for the next PTR push (I believe). If the fix doesn't make the PTR, it'll be fixed for 1.0.5 release.
Edited by Lylirra on 9/26/2012 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Lylirra
a level 57 ring rolled in the PTR, does the level 58 minimum not apply to jewelry?

Rings and amulets should also abide by the new "Items below iLevel 58 no longer drop in Inferno difficulty" rule. We just confirmed that this is bug, and we'll be fixing it for the next PTR push (I believe). If the fix doesn't make the PTR, it'll be fixed for 1.0.5 release.

Thank you for the clarification! Looks like last pending question from this thread is whether the newly unlocked level-63 ranks are supposed to be available on jewelry, which it sounds like you're already investigating. Much appreciated.
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 10:43 AMPosted by ztking

Rings and amulets should also abide by the new "Items below iLevel 58 no longer drop in Inferno difficulty" rule. We just confirmed that this is bug, and we'll be fixing it for the next PTR push (I believe). If the fix doesn't make the PTR, it'll be fixed for 1.0.5 release.

Thank you for the clarification! Looks like last pending question from this thread is whether the newly unlocked level-63 ranks are supposed to be available on jewelry, which it sounds like you're already investigating. Much appreciated.

People have been asking for this information since the patch notes were announced.

I could link multiple threads of people desperately asking to know what the intention was here for ilvl 63 jewelry.

Information for something that should have been clear the moment the patch notes were released...

The player base will see no acknowledgement that this was a misfire on Blizzard's part. I can only hope that internally they learned a lesson here.
Reply Quote
Are act4 monsters same lvl as act3? I was hoping this patch would give a reason to farm act4, but so far it seems it hasn't :/
Reply Quote
Community Manager
People have been asking for this information since the patch notes were announced.

I could link multiple threads of people desperately asking to know what the intention was here for ilvl 63 jewelry.

Information for something that should have been clear the moment the patch notes were released...

The player base will see no acknowledgement that this was a misfire on Blizzard's part. I can only hope that internally they learned a lesson here.

PTR patch notes will often be less precise than the notes we publish when a patch is released. This is because the content right now is still in development and the details are not always finalized. With each PTR push, though, the notes should become more and more granular, and they'll undergo another pass before we release 1.0.5 to the public.
Reply Quote
Absolutely understandable. PTR is, by nature, preliminary, and we expect changes and fixes. The concern is that the devs either did or did not intend to change max jewelry rolls, and the gear market is very... uneasy... until we know if it was intended.
Reply Quote
Im curious, since i cant farm efficiently in any other act than Act1 Inferno (1.0.4) after the patch, will i be able to loot ilvl 63 Legendary and Set items from Act1 Inferno?

Will keep this post under observation since i do really want to know ^^
Reply Quote
Draakora, if you can farm Act 1 on MP1 where mLvl will be 63, then you should be able to get ilvl 63 legendary and set items.
Reply Quote
Does anyone else find the change confusing a bit? I understand it now, but I guess it just seems a little convoluted having a required level, an item level, and now a hidden "monster level" of the item.

I guess it won't matter on the AH since you search by stats... but I feel like it's non intuitive for an item to not be defined by its iLevel (and affixes make up most of what defines an item).

Well, that's my feedback so far for the monster level thing. Probably a good change gameplay-wise, but maybe confusing people...? Well, even the monster power thing seems to be confusing people; had to answer so many questions about it here and on Diablofans (people don't seem to want to believe that act 1 can = act 3 lol with MP on).
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 12:27 PMPosted by Lylirra
PTR patch notes will often be less precise than the notes we publish when a patch is released. This is because the content right now is still in development and the details are not always finalized. With each PTR push, though, the notes should become more and more granular, and they'll undergo another pass before we release 1.0.5 to the public.
I realize it's not the end of the world by any means. My point is simply that these kinds of changes (considered to be pretty significant by most of the playerbase) should be announced in a different way than a single line in a set of patch notes.

You guys have done this before with other intended changes and it has been a wise choice. Just not sure why this didn't happen with such a large change to rings and amulets.
Reply Quote
Are there any plans to rebalance crafting? With the improved drops in every patch, crafting has become less and less meaningful. I think that this new ilvl/mlvl system will be the final nail in the coffin for the current crafting system.
Reply Quote
How about the legendary items?
Will an ilvl 61 legendary item drop from a lvl 63 monster has 63 affixes?

Just talked with the developers, and they confirmed that Legendary items, vendor items, and crafting items (from the Blacksmith) are not affected by this change. Legendary drops will have the same stats in 1.0.5 as they do currently in 1.0.4.

I'll make sure my previous post links directly to this one, since it is new information.

Interesting, this is good and bad - might work out.

Good because rares have just gained value back, especially jewelry and not everyone will be walking around in full legendary anymore

Bad because it devalues a lot of legendary choices, I'd much rather have a new 6%CC ring now than 6% to one specific skill, even it's max roll to 8% wouldn't be worth the 2% extra to take away DPS from everything else.

I think only the 'special affix' that made it legendary should roll 63, all the rest should stay at it's base ilvl roll like previously otherwise we'd be back to square one with a lot of legendary.

I could see why y'all wouldn't want to make that change to trivialize all current legendary ring/jewelry but TBH that's not much at all most will be regearing anyway due to class balance changes so I don't see a problem with that.

Oh btw, I got a Perfect Star Ruby pattern in A1...
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 9/26/2012 2:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Right now the i63 Legendaries only drop in Act 3. Could we get a concise answer as to whether now with monsters all being level 63 with MP1+, do i63 Legendaries now drop in ALL Acts at the SAME rate with MP1+?

I'm wondering what the benefit, if any of farming Act 3 compared to previous acts? It seems like there are none based off what I've read, I would like a response from a Blue though.
Edited by Kendo#1505 on 9/26/2012 2:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Right now the i63 Legendaries only drop in Act 3. Could we get a concise answer as to whether now with monsters all being level 63 with MP1+, do i63 Legendaries now drop in ALL Acts at the SAME rate with MP1+?

I'm wondering what the benefit, if any of farming Act 3 compared to previous acts? It seems like there are none based off what I've read, I would like a response from a Blue though.

Well, two things:
I know of probably 5 people who say they got ilvl63 legendaries in Acts 2 or 1. Hard to know if true, but they weren't the trolling type. Maybe mistaken, I suppose.

People are finding 6prop recipes in Act 1 now, so if there were any such restriction, it was probably removed.
Reply Quote
Right now the i63 Legendaries only drop in Act 3. Could we get a concise answer as to whether now with monsters all being level 63 with MP1+, do i63 Legendaries now drop in ALL Acts at the SAME rate with MP1+?I'm wondering what the benefit, if any of farming Act 3 compared to previous acts? It seems like there are none based off what I've read, I would like a response from a Blue though.

I'm very interested to hear a Blue's response to this. And do we gain equal amount of paragon expereinces all throughout Acts 1/2/3 inferno?
Edited by RED#6688 on 9/26/2012 3:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]