Diablo® III

Affixes based on ilvl of monster

09/26/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Lylirra
Good to know, any word on the Amulets and Rings in regards to are they going to beable to roll at ilvl63 now instead of max ilvl62 as it is currently with 1.04?

Still waiting on information about that. I'll report back once I hear either way. :)

Among the many topics in this thread, I wanted to ask if there has been any additional word on the jewelry affix topic?
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Lylirra
Good to know, any word on the Amulets and Rings in regards to are they going to beable to roll at ilvl63 now instead of max ilvl62 as it is currently with 1.04?

Still waiting on information about that. I'll report back once I hear either way. :)

Still no word about this?
Reply Quote
It seems so incredibly unlikely that Ilvl 62 rings with a crit damage cap of 34% would be rolling 100% at 63.

I'd put money on it being an oversight. Just an unintended consequence of having all item levels roll Ilvl 63 stats when running Monster Power.
I'm just glad it was discovered before it went live and people spent $1,000 on a ring, only to have it be taken away. Or even worse, be grandfathered in.
Reply Quote
Just note that it hasn't been confirmed that rings+amulets will now beable to roll at ilvl63. It's beginning to look like this was done in error(Based on the comment of i57 drops in inferno for such items.) I think we will see Rings and Amulets only able to go to lvl 62 once 1.05 actually hits the public.

I hope so. Else, if all rings found in ML1+ are iLvl 63, that makes all current rare rings and amulets almost worthless.

I didn't played PTR, but can anyone confirm that jewelery found there actually has higher affixes values?
Reply Quote
Some maximum values of affixes from AH PTR EU:

Rings:
crit % - 6
crit dam - 49
AS, % - 9
LoH - 464
MF - 20

Amulets:
crit % - 10
crit dam - 100
AS, % - 9
LoH - 958
MF - 45

Confirmed: Affixes are buffed.
AS seems to be fixed, though.
Edited by Borom#2564 on 9/28/2012 4:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ok, so i join the question: Will this stay that way - all jewelery from ML1+ will have new higher than ever 63 lvl affixes?

I really hope it's an oversight.

And also i think that iLvl shoud have some influance on its overall quality, like in case of armor and weapon. Maybe it's good idea to idicate affix quality to be some kind of avarage of iLvl and monster lvl, not the monster lvl alone?
Reply Quote
bump for answer~~~
Reply Quote
Some maximum values of affixes from AH PTR EU:

Rings:
crit % - 6
crit dam - 49
AS, % - 9
LoH - 464
MF - 20

Amulets:
crit % - 10
crit dam - 100
AS, % - 9
LoH - 958
MF - 45

Confirmed: Affixes are buffed.
AS seems to be fixed, though.

This doesn't mean bugged. That's the result of the level63 affixes being possible on jewelry, which is in line with the patch notes. Whether it's intended or not is unknown.

09/28/2012 12:58 AMPosted by Konad
It seems so incredibly unlikely that Ilvl 62 rings with a crit damage cap of 34% would be rolling 100% at 63.

Rings would have 50% max.
Reply Quote
Seems logical that jewelry have to be developed. As well as follower specials. And whatever is still not capped at ilvl63. (Btw, specials are buffed in 1.0.5)
Why not? Because people have bought top-end 62ilvl gear for real money? it was their choice and they have accepted obvious risks to become owerpowered. Powerlust always converts into high spendings.
Blizz didn't take such spendings into account in the previous patches, because regearing boosts played hours and RMAH turnover.
Edited by Borom#2564 on 9/28/2012 7:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Any response about the jewelry being i63? I know blue said they were looking into it with the developers.

Thanks
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/27/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Fluffy
Among the many topics in this thread, I wanted to ask if there has been any additional word on the jewelry affix topic?

Confirmed. In 1.0.5, rings and amulets can roll level 63 affixes.
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Lylirra

Oh snap. I'm glad I held off buying another ring and ammie.
Reply Quote
Thank god i didnt spend 120 mill on a ring the other night!
Reply Quote
if blizzard was doing this w/ real goods/services theyd be in jail in no time for bait and switch practices. its pretty fricking morally wrong how they keep altering the game so much and devaluing peoples gear they payed money for into the ground. but i guess if your moronic enough to pay real money for fake game weapons and armor you deserve this.
Reply Quote

And the next tier to...

CriticalD IX Deadly Critical Hit Damage Increased by (61-65)%
CriticalD VIII Deadly Critical Hit Damage Increased by (56-60)%
CriticalD VII Deadly Critical Hit Damage Increased by (51-55)%
CriticalD VI Wicked Critical Hit Damage Increased by (46-50)%
CriticalD V Wicked Critical Hit Damage Increased by (41-45)%
CriticalD IV Wicked Critical Hit Damage Increased by (36-40)%
CriticalD III Brutal Critical Hit Damage Increased by (31-35)%
CriticalD II Brutal Critical Hit Damage Increased by (26-30)%
CriticalD I Brutal Critical Hit Damage Increased by (20-25)%

...is 66-100% ???

For real?

'coz crit really needed a boost, didn't it?
Edited by Anuhart#2131 on 9/28/2012 11:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Lylirra

Any news about legendaries? For instance, Litany of the Undaunted. It now rolls 4-4.5 crit chance. Will it roll higher now?
Edited by Rafoda#1647 on 9/28/2012 11:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Gadra
if blizzard was doing this w/ real goods/services theyd be in jail in no time for bait and switch practices. its pretty fricking morally wrong how they keep altering the game so much and devaluing peoples gear they payed money for into the ground. but i guess if your moronic enough to pay real money for fake game weapons and armor you deserve this.

Yeah, sign me up for the lawsuit against computer makers too and cars and... It's pretty fricking morally wrong how they keep altering computers and devaluing my computer with faster/cheaper/more efficient parts.
Reply Quote
I think its for Monster power 10 maybe - other affixes will get boosted too
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]