Diablo® III

Affixes based on ilvl of monster

09/28/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Lylirra
Among the many topics in this thread, I wanted to ask if there has been any additional word on the jewelry affix topic?

Confirmed. In 1.0.5, rings and amulets can roll level 63 affixes.

Thank you so much for confirming here!
Reply Quote
So legendary rings and amulets are going to be substantially inferior to good rolls on 63 jewelery if legendary aren't going to be affected by change.

I actually like the idea of jewelry getting buffed, but I think most of the legendaries for jewelry are highly disregarded aside from maybe Stone of Jordan.

Blackthorne's amulet, tal rash's, mara's, etc. are just "alright" compared to very good rares even now. This will completely deem the legendaries not worth using at all. I actually think legendary jewelry could be easily fixed if they added unique affix "Increased attacks per second" which could potentially be the old school increased attack speed %.

For those who don't know, the affix "increased attack per second" is a flat, and works different from attack speed %. If you look at Echoing Fury http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/echoing-fury

To just show you some math.

Say a weapon speed 1.0 with 11% increase attack speed.
1*1.11 = 1.11 aps (attacks per second)

1.0 weapon speed with a 0.20 increased attack per second (like echoing fury)
1 + 0.20 = 1.20 aps (attacks per second)

So with this affix it would at least bring the stats somewhat inline when comparing it against to the new 63 rolled jewelery.
Edited by Zanyu#1500 on 9/28/2012 11:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Any news about legendaries? For instance, Litany of the Undaunted. It now rolls 4-4.5 crit chance. Will it roll higher now?

If they don't update set/legendary item native affixes such as this example, most legendary jewelry obviously becomes "meh" again. I need to rethink going after the Zuni's set if the ring becomes 'good-but-not-great'.
Edited by BigRed#1100 on 9/28/2012 11:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Its just to prepare us for the upcoming crit chance nerf
Reply Quote
So legendary rings and amulets are going to be substantially inferior to good rolls on 63 jewelery if legendary aren't going to be affected by change.

I actually like the idea of jewelry getting buffed, but I think most of the legendaries for jewelry are highly disregarded aside from maybe Stone of Jordan.

Blackthorne's amulet, tal rash's, mara's, etc. are just "alright" compared to very good rares even now. This will completely deem the legendaries not worth using at all.

I agree completely. I started a thread to address that but it hasn't gotten much traffic:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712862978
Edited by ztking#1754 on 9/28/2012 11:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 11:15 AMPosted by BigRed

Any news about legendaries? For instance, Litany of the Undaunted. It now rolls 4-4.5 crit chance. Will it roll higher now?

If they don't update set/legendary item native affixes such as this example, most legendary jewelry obviously becomes "meh" again. I need to rethink going after the Zuni's set if the ring becomes 'good-but-not-great'.

They said they won't.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6713482394#12
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Gorgatron123
I think its for Monster power 10 maybe - other affixes will get boosted too

I think something along these lines. It's probably necessary to boost the max possible DPS a bit so that people can work towards efficiently farming MP10. It cracks me up that all these people think that current high end jewelry is going to tank in value over night.

The irony is that any immediate tank in prices will be market panic induced by those very posts. Self fulfilling prophecy.
Reply Quote
I think its for Monster power 10 maybe - other affixes will get boosted too

I think something along these lines. It's probably necessary to boost the max possible DPS a bit so that people can work towards efficiently farming MP10. It cracks me up that all these people think that current high end jewelry is going to tank in value over night.

The irony is that any immediate tank in prices will be market panic induced by those very posts. Self fulfilling prophecy.

Well it's a combination of self fulfilling prophecy combined with the reality. The market won't be "flooded" with the new 63 jewelry with fantastic rolls, but just good enough with high rolls will be able to make the top tier items right now just "average." The way a market fluctuates is based on the highest tier of items available, once this new source is readily available, the previous top tier is now depreciated severely.

Honestly, I think the buff to jewelry is just a fantastic change, but it's coming too quickly. They are "fixing"/buffing mara's, skull grasp, and introducing unity into the game. But no one cares about them if they are just "alright" compared to higher stat rolls on the new 63 amulets and rings. I definitely think they need to buff the existing jewelry legendaries, or at least hold off on the 63 rolls on rares.
Edited by Zanyu#1500 on 9/28/2012 11:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote

What about legendary rings and amulets? Even though legendary items have predetermined stats, how does this affect those that have random affixes in addition to their predetermined stats? Will the 2 random affixes on say, Blackthorne's Duncraig Cross be able to roll 63 affixes such as 10% crit?

"Legendary items, vendor items, and crafted items from the Blacksmith will not be affected by the change. These items will have the same stats in 1.0.5 as they do currently in 1.0.4."

I know this has been answered as above, but it's still a little vague - 'same stats' could be referring to just the predetermined affixes and not the random ones.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 9/28/2012 11:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Gadra
if blizzard was doing this w/ real goods/services theyd be in jail in no time for bait and switch practices. its pretty fricking morally wrong how they keep altering the game so much and devaluing peoples gear they payed money for into the ground. but i guess if your moronic enough to pay real money for fake game weapons and armor you deserve this.

blizz isnt selling you the items..... the guy on the rmah is
Reply Quote
I don't think this loot ilvl and affix tier system was thought through to begin with, was it?

Doesn't really give much room for smooth changes when you have embedded things like 61-65 then 66-100. More so when you limit certain items to one less tier for so long.

Not thought through, at all.
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 11:33 AMPosted by Myon

What about legendary rings and amulets? Even though legendary items have predetermined stats, how does this affect those that have random affixes in addition to their predetermined stats? Will the 2 random affixes on say, Blackthorne's Duncraig Cross be able to roll 63 affixes such as 10% crit?

"Legendary items, vendor items, and crafted items from the Blacksmith will not be affected by the change. These items will have the same stats in 1.0.5 as they do currently in 1.0.4."

I know this has been answered as above, but it's still a little vague - 'same stats' could be referring to just the predetermined affixes and not the random ones.

I want to know about this too: although rare jewelry gets a boost to compete again with set items, are they thinking set bonus will offset the dps gain? just a thought
Reply Quote

By same stats mean, they will stay the same they are set into their rolls and set affixes. This is to prevent older legendaries becoming extremely strong I would think. As well as avoiding a huge outcry over "new" new legendaries with better stats and rolls.

This is why I definitely think that they should hold off on the jewelry ilvl63 until a later patch, or buff legendary amulets and rings. Because even now they really aren't that "legendary" and no one looks at those specific slot pieces and say "Wow I should get that." I think one of the few cases had to be blackthorne's the legacy one during patch 1.03 (I think) for the life on hit.

I thought their legendary revamp was pretty well done, other than the puzzle ring and stone of jordan, they were all "meh" and unexciting. Litnay's ring is a pretty amazing defensive ring though.

Possible solution: Give legendary rings and amulets life steal affix rolls, people now can decide to get life steal or get some extra damage. Pretty simple solution without changing too much. This allows people get a higher DPS weapon instead looking for a mixture of good dps and life steal. The sacrifice will come from their ring. Also it'll allow people to get higher amounts of life steal for more sustain if they think their damage is fine.
Edited by Zanyu#1500 on 9/28/2012 11:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Andernut
if blizzard was doing this w/ real goods/services theyd be in jail in no time for bait and switch practices. its pretty fricking morally wrong how they keep altering the game so much and devaluing peoples gear they payed money for into the ground. but i guess if your moronic enough to pay real money for fake game weapons and armor you deserve this.

Yeah, sign me up for the lawsuit against computer makers too and cars and... It's pretty fricking morally wrong how they keep altering computers and devaluing my computer with faster/cheaper/more efficient parts.

a stupid argument. there is a huge difference with available technology, and the pressing of a few buttons in code for affixes.
Reply Quote
Among the many topics in this thread, I wanted to ask if there has been any additional word on the jewelry affix topic?

Awesome, now are the legendary rings/amulets being changed to accomodate this change? If so, welcome to another patch of GARBAGE LEGENDARY JEWELRY!
Reply Quote

I've read a lot of the different posts and all about 1.0.5., but it's not always very clear, I have a question for you ( or anyone who knows the answer ).

When you put monster power >=1, the monsters will all be lvl63.. right?
So is there any reason to play in an act over the others? Or are they all the same?

Do you get more/better drops if you play the later acts?
If you get the same drops with monster power, it seems to be that everyone will just play in act 1 because it's easier.

Not due to the stats of the monster ( which will presumably be similar, due to all monsters being lvl63 and MP being the same ) but the monster's base is way easier...
Act 2 flies and cloaking monsters are tough to deal with.. Act 3 phasing beast and some ranged mobs... Act 4 charging angels and those fire mages..

Mobs in act 1 are very easy for the most part, they just stand still and take a beating.

1.0.4. = everyone farm act 3, 1.0.5. will be everyone farm act 1? Or am I missing something?
Edited by blood#1783 on 9/28/2012 11:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah, sign me up for the lawsuit against computer makers too and cars and... It's pretty fricking morally wrong how they keep altering computers and devaluing my computer with faster/cheaper/more efficient parts.

I roflol'd +1,000,000
Edited by Fantomex#1588 on 9/28/2012 12:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Um, it's their game, and you don't have to spend money.... If you spend money ... you might be considered rofl cakes.
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Gadra

Um no they wouldn't this is in no more a bait and switch tactic, as releasing a new model of Lamborghini and watching the old one trail off in value. Or the same reason aol 1.0 is considered no value. Do you honestly understand what your talking about or are you a 12 yo tyrying to act cool pretneding to know about stuff you dont understand.

And last time i cheked blizzard does not control the value of the economy, if you wanna keep your ilvl 62 ring, nothigns stopping you, its not any less powerful, less effective. Its not like buying a car and driving it off the loot automatically losing value. Hate to break it to you but you sir, should never try to give legal advice, your not a lawyer stop acting like one.
Edited by Osirisis#1959 on 9/28/2012 12:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Awesome, thank you for the update, now I can plan accordingly :).

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]