Diablo® III

Affixes based on ilvl of monster

When you put monster power >=1, the monsters will all be lvl63.. right?So is there any reason to play in an act over the others? Or are they all the same?

Actual xp values on mobs can still vary just like how a bowman has 3600 xp and a stygian crawler is 4500, mob density and clear speed, in terms of the actual loot itself, absolutely none, hope this clears it up for you, and yes i played the ptr extensively and can confirm this 100%

Play wherever you think is most fun for equal loot reward, could not be happier with this patch, tip of the hat to the developers, you did an amazing job with this patch, and thank you this is exactly what ive been waiting for.
Edited by Osirisis#1959 on 9/28/2012 12:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
hey im all for legendary ring tank in value, finally can get these zummi ring w/o paying 200mil a piece.

hmm i guess i better sell all my ring before then, haha.
Edited by d35366#1931 on 9/28/2012 12:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Rafoda
Any news about legendaries? For instance, Litany of the Undaunted. It now rolls 4-4.5 crit chance. Will it roll higher now?

Curious about this as well.

Although, people saying that rings like these are now "worthless" are insane. I have both Litany of the Undaunted and Wailing Host (Litany was self found, Wailing Host was bought on GAH with the gold I got from selling...get this...another Litany I found!) and it doesn't bother me one bit that there will now be slightly better versions out there. Sure it would be nice to get that extra 3% crit chance but is it necessary? Absolutely not.

The majority of people that will be mad about this are RMAH sellers. And anything that makes RMAH sellers mad, makes me happy. ;) The rest of the people mad are just ignorant people that for some reason think that things they buy should always retain their purchase price value. Do you know how much the value of a car decreases the second you drive it off the lot? It drops on average by 20%! And guess what happens when next years model comes out? And guess what happens when it hits 10,000 miles?

Oh and for all you tin-foil hatters, consider this; If Blizzard truly only cared about RMAH sales, they would have built in a depreciation on items, and eventually, after using them for a certain amount of time, they would break and become worthless. But they didn't do that did they?

Oh and guess what? Old rings and ammy's that have the 62 stats (but are still extremely useful) will now finally drop in price somewhat.

Win for the true gamers. Loss for the wannabe video game "day traders" who could care less about this game.

+1 Blizzard.
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Andernut
if blizzard was doing this w/ real goods/services theyd be in jail in no time for bait and switch practices. its pretty fricking morally wrong how they keep altering the game so much and devaluing peoples gear they payed money for into the ground. but i guess if your moronic enough to pay real money for fake game weapons and armor you deserve this.

Yeah, sign me up for the lawsuit against computer makers too and cars and... It's pretty fricking morally wrong how they keep altering computers and devaluing my computer with faster/cheaper/more efficient parts.

Ever evaluated what you are writing, or what other people mean? You clearly missed the point ;P People spend time and money on building a character. Blizzard alters the game, but chip away or add too much every time, and yikes... items and build usually take the toll. Sure we as players have to adapt, but what they are doing is wrong in my opinion. In Anarchy Online, just to bring up a good example of updates done more right; a new update ment, upgrade a few items, loads of new content to explore and things to craft. You never ended up replacing your whole piece of gear within the first few days. Sure, AO was bugged to hell, but that was a different store. I still could still get years of fun without the constant gear hassle.

Blizzard keeps doing this in every game. Wow is a prime example, and even in starcraft 2 they add units so fast that the players can barely keep up. Making it hard to retain as an e-sports platform. I hope things gets even out fast, or they might loose a lot of customers.
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Lylirra
Among the many topics in this thread, I wanted to ask if there has been any additional word on the jewelry affix topic?

Confirmed. In 1.0.5, rings and amulets can roll level 63 affixes.

Well thank you for following up and confirming. However to everyone that plays on test that should have been extremely obvious. I'd like to know the not so obvious question. There are 100% CD amulets and 10% CC amulets on the PTR AH right now, however when you combine those two stats none such combination exists, they are the same stats as live.

Is this because of the smaller pool of loot drops on test or can this combination simply not exist and we're seeing double affix rolls on one property?

In other words amulets like

100% CD
10% CC
9% AS
140 int
+28-59 damage

Can never exist because that's too many affixes?
Reply Quote
Guess I better hurry up and get all this jewelry I bought to flip sold asap!
Reply Quote
Yeah if 63 affixes can roll on rare 62 rings/amulets, but 62 legendary rings/amulets are stuck with 62 that is a big oversight. 100 critical damage vs 65 on an amulet is a big deal and that's just one property on one piece of jewelery.
Edited by Zed#1489 on 9/28/2012 1:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Among the many topics in this thread, I wanted to ask if there has been any additional word on the jewelry affix topic?

will this apply to other gear that maxes out at ilvl 62, like wizard hats and orbs?

*edit*

nevermind, of course they can. ALL gear in inferno can get lvl 63 affixes as its based on monster level now, not item level (like diablo 2).

What i really want to know then, do CRAFTED items get lvl 63 affixes or max level 61 affixes?
Edited by Asmosis#6587 on 9/28/2012 12:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
...even in starcraft 2 they add units so fast that the players can barely keep up...

Yes, the pace that SC2 adds new units is completely out of control.
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 11:16 AMPosted by BarrelBuster
Its just to prepare us for the upcoming crit chance nerf

MP10 would be 100% unplayable if they did that.
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Osirisis
if blizzard was doing this w/ real goods/services theyd be in jail in no time for bait and switch practices. its pretty fricking morally wrong how they keep altering the game so much and devaluing peoples gear they payed money for into the ground. but i guess if your moronic enough to pay real money for fake game weapons and armor you deserve this.

Um no they wouldn't this is in no more a bait and switch tactic, as releasing a new model of Lamborghini and watching the old one trail off in value. Or the same reason aol 1.0 is considered no value. Do you honestly understand what your talking about or are you a 12 yo tyrying to act cool pretneding to know about stuff you dont understand.

And last time i cheked blizzard does not control the value of the economy, if you wanna keep your ilvl 62 ring, nothigns stopping you, its not any less powerful, less effective. Its not like buying a car and driving it off the loot automatically losing value. Hate to break it to you but you sir, should never try to give legal advice, your not a lawyer stop acting like one.

you obviously fall under the moron part of my statement. its not about law, its about ethics and morals and good faith business practice idiot. and its quite apparent that blizzard now has no good redeeming qualities. you must be one of the happy to spend you mc donalds paycheck on virtual items RMAH supporters; who think D3 actually requires skill when all it requires is $ spent on gear off the RMAH.
Reply Quote
Blizz should just limit the godly affixes on rings/amus at mp10, so then the previous rings/amus in AH won't be worthless....
Reply Quote
Ring and Ammy buffs sound like typical gear creep to me.

I think they need to just make the change more known so people don't blow their money on a 40m+ trifecta ring or ammy.

Maybe I'm not bitter anymore because of all the creep found in MTG. I'm used to metagame shifts and stuff I worked hard to get becoming useless in a matter of months. I guess it works the same. Meta shifts = more boosters sold. Meta shifts = more RMAH used?

/disclaimer, i sold good rings and ammys, using junk now. I'll let someone else get stuck unprepared.
Reply Quote
What about reading some of Monk threads and answer the millions of questions that Monk players have for once?
Reply Quote
Does this mean that items from monsters from act 1 inferno (monster ilvl 61) will roll stats = ilvl 61 even if the item is ilvl63 or 62 or 58 or...

On the PTR currently, an item's level will determine its base DPS and armor stats, and the monster's level will determine the level of the affixes that roll on the item. There is an exception to this, though:

If an item's level is higher than the monster's level, the affixes will roll at the item's level instead. We felt this was an important exception to make, because players farming Act I of Inferno without any [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712831240?page=1"]Monster Power[/url] may still get ilevel 62 and 63 items from sub-63 monsters, and we want to make sure that those items are still good.

(Edit: Legendary items, vendor items, and crafted items from the Blacksmith are also an [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679558918?page=3#56"]exception[/url].)

Think they are limiting items to 58 and above in Inferno.

Correct!

Monster level is capped at 63 right?

If so, then getting Ilvl 63 items are apparently the same in the PTR no matter where and from whom they drop. Since base dps and armor are based on Ilvl and the rest of the stats are based on monster level only if the ilvl is the same or lower than the monster level, and monster level is capped at 63, then all properties of all level 63 items are potentially the same no matter where they come from.

Right?
Edited by LordSpanky#1497 on 9/28/2012 1:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey all, broke this down in general:

Confirmed intended.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679558918?page=6

Wanted to post this here in case anyone missed.

The changes most people will care about is the buff to resist all and Primary Stats, and of course, Crit Chance and Crit Damage

Amulets' max going from 8.5% to 10% crit, 65% to 100% crit damage
Rings' max going from 4.5% to 6% crit, 35% to 50% crit damage
IAS is unchanged because there is no level 63 rank.

Also, now available on Amulets:
16% Life
959 LoH
200 Primary Stats Rolls
150 Dual Primary Stat Rolls (Like vit+str)
80 Resist All, 60 Single Resist
599 Life Per Sec
50% Gold Find
45% Magic Find
2544 Thorns

And rings:
12% Life
479 LoH
100 Primary Stat Rolls
100 Dual Primary Stat Rolls
80 Resist All, 60 Single Resist
342 Life Per Sec
25% Gold Find
20% Magic Find
1454 Thorns

Regarding Damage (from later in thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6713482903?page=2#32):
Here's everything I know. You can extrapolate as well as I can:

Amulet and Rings get the same affixes when it comes to damage. They get:
MinDam, which is a +minimum damage mod
MaxDam, which is actually DELTA damage that is added above the min damage applied
MinMaxDam, which is a +min damage mod and a +maxdam mod which, again, is +min+delta

They are able to get the "Secondary" version of all. Each of those mods has the exact same values for rank 62 and 63

Level 62 Rank:
MinDam: Damage_Bonus_Min: 22-27
MaxDam: Damage_Weapon_Bonus_Delta: 22-27
MinMaxDam: Damage_Min: 22-27, Damage_Delta: 22-27

Level 63 Rank:
MinDam: Damage_Bonus_Min: 27-33
MaxDam: Damage_Weapon_Bonus_Delta: 27-33
MinMaxDam: Damage_Min: 27-33, Damage_Delta: 27-33

So, assuming all three can be rolled (which it sounds like Honch confirmed):
Current max possible is:
Min: 27 + 27 = 54
Max: 54 (min) + 27 + 27 = 108

New max possible:
Min: 33 + 33 = 66
Max: 66 (min) + 33 + 33 = 132

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6713482903
Reply Quote
How about the legendary items?
Will an ilvl 61 legendary item drop from a lvl 63 monster has 63 affixes?

Just talked with the developers, and they confirmed that Legendary items, vendor items, and crafting items (from the Blacksmith) are not affected by this change. Legendary drops will have the same stats in 1.0.5 as they do currently in 1.0.4.

I'll make sure my previous post links directly to this one, since it is new information.

Lylirra,

Legendaries can roll two types of stats. The first type are kind like hard coded ranges. E.g. storm crow always has an int roll between like 90-100. The second are random magical properties. Could you clarify that when a legendary rolls a random magical property, that it is NOT being rolled w.r.t to monster level, but from the 1.04 method.
Reply Quote

Yeah, sign me up for the lawsuit against computer makers too and cars and... It's pretty fricking morally wrong how they keep altering computers and devaluing my computer with faster/cheaper/more efficient parts.

ha I was going to make this post, but I'm glad I wasn't the only guy who noticed how stupid his statement was.
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 11:15 AMPosted by BigRed
If they don't update set/legendary item native affixes such as this example, most legendary jewelry obviously becomes "meh" again. I need to rethink going after the Zuni's set if the ring becomes 'good-but-not-great'.

No where in the notes did this say rares only the random affixes will still be just that, this would as far as i can tell apply to legendaries as well on there random affixes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]