Diablo® III

Testing Skorn vs Onehand +ToftD - acid rain

I did some testing today with Skorn and onehand +thing of the deep and there is my video

it is tested with my acid rain build
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#SRYdUT!aTY!ZaccaZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV79AtzqYq4

basicaly with my gear Onehand is alot more faster even if I have 10k less dps without skorn. Pickup radius do real magic with GI and GF

tomorow i will upload 2nd part of the video so u can see the difference
Reply Quote
good overview about skorn. Helps to make a desicion between skorn and onehand + thing. Wait for one hand vid :)
Reply Quote
Thanks for the vid man. Lot of people probably reassessing their build now that 1.0.5 and the buff to monsters is impending.
Reply Quote
lol its not faster and you dont need totd
Reply Quote
Hi just watched some of the vid.

You know you can stack both pickup radius and attack speed while using a skorn to get the best of both worlds.

Also If your interested in some feedback on your play I think you could do well with some build (drop ghost bomb) and micro (stutter step) improvements.
Reply Quote
im not using ghost bomb and actualy its not that great. anyway thanks for feedback anyway as I said you can stack up Pickup radius and attack speed but that would cost more then xxx milions of golds - I bought some cheap things for 11mil to have alteast 14 yards. but for most effective build for GI u need atleast 20-24.

So if u are rich - skorn > onehand. If u are not that rich - onehand > skorn
Reply Quote
second part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9rzPsWygjc
Reply Quote
actualy new record with onehand is 42mil xp per hour. its realy nice. Need to upgrade my gear a little to do better
Reply Quote
how do you get 42 mil exp per hour? oO And how did you manage that killspeed with Acid Cloud. I have crit% + crit dmg gear and couldn't do that so fast.
Reply Quote
newsflash: gf and gi wont work in upcoming patch nearly as well. This point is....

mooooooooooooot.
Reply Quote
newsflash: gf and gi wont work in upcoming patch nearly as well. This point is....

mooooooooooooot.

GF still works pretty well because sacrifice + pride rune is pretty necessary. Results in a good amount of globes still. GI.. well.. yeh, not as good for us avg folk, I assume it would still be pretty godly for the top .005%
Reply Quote

mooooooooooooot.

GF still works pretty well because sacrifice + pride rune is pretty necessary. Results in a good amount of globes still. GI.. well.. yeh, not as good for us avg folk, I assume it would still be pretty godly for the top .005%

Nope, totally useless. Even with 150k unbuff dps.

Sure GF will work, but those globes are gonna come from enemies. So 0s cooldown dogs is the only way i see that being effective.
Reply Quote
i hate the slow attack speed of Skorn...
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 11:05 AMPosted by SnakeEyeZ

Lacuni + witching hour + ring = 1.2-1.3 as. Thats all you need. And if you hate the attack speed then ur using skorn incorrectly and its not for you. Use more dots/summons bro, its that simple.

A lifesteal skorn is invaluable, and improves ALL of the following skills:

Sacrafice
SB - Manitou, Phantasm, well of souls
GoTD - rain of corpses, eels, desperate grasp
Soul harvest - vengeful spirit
Spirit walk - severence
Zombie bears
WoZ - unrelenting grip, pile on
Locust swarm - pestilence, searing
Pyrogeist
Acid cloud - corpse bomb, slow burn

Prob missing some more but im sure you get the point. If not simply ask me why it makes them better and i would be happy to explain.
Edited by SayGa#1564 on 10/2/2012 12:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 12:06 PMPosted by SayGa

Lacuni + witching hour + ring = 1.2-1.3 as. Thats all you need. And if you hate the attack speed then ur using skorn incorrectly and its not for you. Use more dots/summons bro, its that simple.

Sacrafice
Spirit walk - severence
Zombie bears
Pyrogeist

Prob missing some more but im sure you get the point. If not simply ask me why it makes them better and i would be happy to explain.

I just bought a skorn and I'm having trouble surviving, could you help me ?

Thank you !
Reply Quote

Sacrafice
Spirit walk - severence
Zombie bears
Pyrogeist

I just bought a skorn and I'm having trouble surviving, could you help me ?

Thank you !

You should start to replace your gloves and ammy with Crit Dmg instead because I noticed you are using bears. Atk spd is not as important in a bear build unless you're running corpse spider widow makers for mana regen.
Edited by Baraboomba#1109 on 11/17/2012 6:09 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]