Diablo® III

Energy Twister Explanation Request

bring back my old CM build!!
Reply Quote
I use twisters to cooldown my archon. I was frustrated when I tried it in 1.0.5, but I'm not complaining. I'll figure it out =)
Reply Quote
Change WW proc to 1/6(0.166..) and other runes to 1/5(0.2)!
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 02:19 AMPosted by MasterJay
Sorry guys..Lylirra, all is well here - having a blast on PTR!

Replace WW or ET with star pact or other meteors.
Compared with other spell, ET is useless. Maybe WW is still competitive, but other runes? Random moving twisters that do no damage, no proc, cost a lot AP?
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Madstrike

Ye or something in between, current changes from ww and other runes ruin builds/gameplay experience of a f* lot players, i can't believe no reply on that they dont even consider.

Meteor/star impact is bad, not viable, weak and a 20k dps monk would do better. Still it's better than ET what pretty much shows how overnerfed this skill is now.
Reply Quote
The reason for the nerf changing the proc was because you're afraid it was going to proc legendaries too much?

We'll guess what. I've had a number of legendaries such as WizardSPike and StormCrow.
The proc didn't really seem to make that much of a difference on legedaries than you made it out to be.

Going from 0.5 to 0.125 is just way too dramatic. My character was having a hard time using Wicked Wind and surviving after the patch. You said the change was not going to be noticeable. It was massively noticeable. I was earning health alot less and mana alot less.
I died more. And I had pretty good gear, then.

I have great gear now, and I tried to use Wicked Wind again to similate the 0.125 proc.

Please stop changing the procs. Please fix the proc cofficent back for Wicked Wind. Leave Storm Chaser alone. If you're going to nerf things in half. 0.5 to 0.250 should be the right thing to do.

The question is what about the proc coefficient for the "big" purple wind that gets released when you use a signature spell?

Alot of people are using SC without a signature spell. Maybe the bug is just with the small wind getting big wind proc.
Reply Quote
I completely agree with most people,

I feel like I am an average to above average gamer. This is completely going to destroy what I have been working for in the last 100 hours.

I have spent well over 20m on my attempt to perfect my build, a build that will work for me. I am not willing to spend money on the RMAH, or willing to play 10 hours a day, I also feel like its the majority that have the same appoach.

If you nerf this build, everything that I have worked for, in the last few months will go to garbage. ( Not completely, but you get my point)

I don't have the time, or money, or luck(get a legendary thats worth 100s of millions) to be able to be well geared to switch builds like you want me to do in this situation.

-An average gamer
Reply Quote
I completely agree with most people,

I feel like I am an average to above average gamer. This is completely going to destroy what I have been working for in the last 100 hours.

I have spent well over 20m on my attempt to perfect my build, a build that will work for me. I am not willing to spend money on the RMAH, or willing to play 10 hours a day, I also feel like its the majority that have the same appoach.

If you nerf this build, everything that I have worked for, in the last few months will go to garbage. ( Not completely, but you get my point)

I don't have the time, or money, or luck(get a legendary thats worth 100s of millions) to be able to be well geared to switch builds like you want me to do in this situation.

-An average gamer

Exactly my feeling, well spoken. Hopefully they will realize it is (and was) a no-go ultra nerf for wiz and many players.
Guess you noticed i'm really mad about it, can't resist to reply and call blizz for sanity.
Considered to quit (and still do) since i'm on the same boat, not 100 hours rather 400-5xx... and we are by far not the only ones that are feeling the same way.
Reply Quote

Look at my gear, I'm nothing special..yes I have at least 250m invested in, but again I'm not walking around with like 400k EHP, 80-100k unbuffed dps.

After I read that I stopped reading...

NOTHING SPECIAL!?

dude, you are on the top 1-5% of the wizards around the world...
Reply Quote
When patch 1.0.4 came out I found that I could drop frost nova for archon in the cm-sc build, this game suddenly went from annoying and aggrevating to pure excirement and ecstasy. Why?

Well before there would always be something that truly was impossible to overcome but with archon in the mix I had an answer to ANYTHING :) Ranged elite? =>archon, thrash? =>archon, Ultra fast elite hitting like a freight train? => sc+diamond skin+explosive blast!

It was not to hard nor too easy, it was perfect. So perfect in fact that I TOTALLY neglected the fact that the loot was horrifying XD! And that is in a way saying it ALL.

So why was it so awesome? It's quite simple actually: When presented with a challenge but denied the TOOLS needed a player feels aggrevated for he/she knows EXACTLY how to deal with it, but can't due to the lack of tools. A simple example may be the following: You should kite a fast hard hitting elite mob with a glass cannon wiz. That is an IMPOSSIBLE task and to be honest, a player feel flat out insulted intellectually.

Players want their "toolbox" which they can use to overcome ANY challenge. I'm sorry but there are NO builds for a mid-geared wizard that can overcome everything for the wizard skill-pool is seriously lacking content for doing allround-builds possible. The last and only cm-sc archon hybrid is going to be removed.

It sure was fun to play a build where the only limits was my own intellect and imagination! ;')
Edited by Salkin#2832 on 9/25/2012 12:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I also want to add another point:

Blizzard tends to nerf a particular skill/rune to promote build diversity.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but wizard (excluding energy armor/primatic armor) probably had the best build diversity out of all classes (arcane orb build, blizzard frost build, hydra build, ET-CM build, meteor-CM build, explosive blast-teleport wormhole build, etc...). No need to nerf SC.
Reply Quote
Now I DO use stretch time to get my attack speed to what most would think is insane (2.63) so that has a lot to do with it and I do have a 5% ET Skull but my point is you can use WW in live and say it's crap but till you try it on PTR with monster power it means nothing.

Sorry guys..Lylirra, all is well here - having a blast on PTR!

Yes, with a tiny investment (btw 250 mil won't cover that these days, not even close; look at the AH before posting) we all can get ET Skulls, trifecta gloves, 1k+ dps + IAS Chantodos, rare Lacunis and Tal Rashas - so that then we can get to 2.63 APS and continue to enjoy this build.

Nothing to worry about, guys. MasterJay is still doing fine. So can everybody else, right? RIGHT?
Reply Quote
My feedback: Energy twister is being overnerfed. Please restore wicked wind to a proc coefficient of .25. Id rather quit than go back to blizz/hydra.
Edited by Fusrodah#1817 on 9/25/2012 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Look at my gear, I'm nothing special..yes I have at least 250m invested in, but again I'm not walking around with like 400k EHP, 80-100k unbuffed dps.

After I read that I stopped reading...

NOTHING SPECIAL!?

dude, you are on the top 1-5% of the wizards around the world...

Field test: Go to AH, search for the items MasterJay is using, and try to find a set even remotely close to his for 250m. Lots of laughs guaranteed! :)
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Madstrike
Reply Quote
Axxius:
Field test: Go to AH, search for the items MasterJay is using, and try to find a set even remotely close to his for 250m. Lots of laughs guaranteed! :)
But you don't need his gear to make it work. I'm doing fine in 1.05-PTR with WW and can corroborate what MasterJay is saying. Monster Level 10 is difficult for me due to not doing enough damage, but Monster Level 5-6 is not bad at all. The only "abnormal" thing in my setup is higher-than-average cc, 55% (60% with Pinpoint Barrier), mainly due to Slorak's Madness and a Skull Grasp. All of those things are quite reasonable to buy IMO. My most expensive item on my wiz is probably my legacy Storm Crow with 4.5cc (got it for 5 million). Just looking at your stats you should be doing more than fine in 1.05 PTR, as you smoke me on damage and have more damage mitigation.
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 9/25/2012 2:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Archon wont be good higher MP lvls unless you have at least 200k DPS unbuffed, monsters have tons of HP and before you kill them, archon is gone

Kite builds takes much longer to kill things and its really boring, would be interesting if they had some kind of buff like 20% speed bonus or something else

Meteor spamming seens fine, but you really need at least 20 APOC and high CC...

On 1.04 I was really doing good at farming, and even soloing diablo pretty easly with my under 70m gear. Used up Archon on elites/bosses and when I didnt have it I was with diamond skin full time because of CM and ET. Game was quite fun for me... Now I dont seen any "cheap" option to just become fun as it was and efficient

I haven't tested PTR because Brazilian players that bought the game in a local store are not able to play it, nor in any other language than Portuguese. Error 81 is such a ridiculous thing since I paid the same amount of money as everybody to play this game
Reply Quote
Slight buff would be welcome, 0.15 for wicked wind and 0.2 for moving twisters. Would love to be able to use gale force or the big tornado raging storm maybe. It does not seem to matter how high your crit and apoc and attack speed anything other than WW is useless.
Edited by SWAV#1980 on 9/25/2012 3:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]