Diablo® III

Anyone tried running D3 on Intel HD 4000?

View profile
dude i use medium settings with a 6800nvidia and 1gb ram....

rarely get lagz.

pub. games kinda bad with a3 inferno tho.
Edited by WitchDoctor#1834 on 9/27/2012 4:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a desktop with a 3rd gen intel processor, no GPU. Ran D3 with just the intel graphics and on medium settings I get about 30fps, good enough to pay the game. It's much smoother on my gaming rig but intels new processors are making mediocre GPUs obsolete
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Ruckus
i can play it on max settings with my intel hd 3000. seriously most people dont know **** about integrated graphics. everytime you ask them about it, theyll just tell you that all it can play is minecraft and get a gaming pc.

Max settings? At 2 FPS?

see? these kids are ignorant as hell.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 05:14 AMPosted by Foxx
Dude dual core 1.7 + 1.7 = 3.4GHz

the architect of a dual core makes it faster than just doubling the speed in a single core since it has two pipes to send operations through if one core is busy. it's much faster than a single core 3.4GHz
Reply Quote

What the...

The OP put 2X1.7GHz

I quoted someones post that said he couldnt find a ivy bridge at 1.7GHz and that something smelt fishy
So i simplified it at by saying 1.7+1.7 = 3.4GHZ
I know its different from what it really is but you get the point right? I was trying to point out what the OP really meant to say was 3.4GHz. Not saying that both cores are running at 1.7 and figured that saying that he would understand that what he was looking for was a 3.4 on intels website.
If you didnt it has "2 CORES" and the i5 is running at 3.4GHz with some procs it has intel's Turbo boost that could go higher if needed.
Also some intels procs have hyper threading which makes your pc look like it has 4 cores. I worked on an i7 at work and its a quad core but with hyper threading it shows 8 cores
Edited by Foxx#1886 on 9/27/2012 9:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I run on middle setting on a i5 Hd3000 with no issues. Does run hot but I use a fan to keep it cool.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 04:43 AMPosted by Voytas
So i have this acer aspire s3 with intel core-i5 2x1.7GHz, 4GB RAM DDR3 and Intel HD 4000 graphics. I can hardly run D3 with all set to minimum on 1366x768 with like 15 fps average, so it's not playable. Others claim that they can run the game on high with 40 fps on this GPU, i wonder how it's possible. I have the latest drivers, any suggestions ?

I can run this game using a core i3-2310M and an Intel HD Graphics 3000. Granted the settings are not fabulous, but I can play it. Any kind of slowness I experience in game is from latency spikes. Maybe the reason I don't experience lagging is because I have hyper-threading with the processor (making my dual core run effectively as a quad core when needed), but I cannot say for sure.
Edited by Bronkash#1965 on 9/27/2012 6:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
it's just not the way it works.. Different cores can't work on the same threads, so it is NEVER like doubling the speed unless the specific application has multiple threads, and most don't.

seriously, by that logic my quad core i5 should be equivalent to a 12ghz single core and that just isn't happening, trust me.

also liked the guy who said one 7200rpm HDD isn't the same as another because quality of components are lesser is why you're getting such a bad framerate?

look, dedicated memory or shared? on-cpu graphics or seperate gpu? there are so many fricken variables.. like uh, what resolution are you running? You have a nice big screen with a high resolution? Bump your res down and you'll get a major increase in framerate.

and quad core i5 @ 3ghz and a 5770 didn't run well at full settings, because of my big 24'' monitor
Reply Quote
I play at home with a Phenom II X6 1100T and a AMD HD 7970 and obviously runs fine with all the eyecandy turned up. but my laptop has an Intel core 2 duo @2 ghz with a AMD HD4670 discrete mobile gpu. And it runs D3 but on medium low settings with no AA. The game is worlds apart on each system. The game looks so bad on my laptop compared to my PC I refuse to play on the laptop.

I would love to see someone max out D3 on an Intel integrated gpu. I am guessing it would be chugging at 0-15 fps.
Reply Quote
something doesnt pass the smell test here.

I see nothing on intel's site that shows an i5 ivybridge chip @ 1.7. What is your CPUs model #.

HD4000 should be more than fine for D3. what are the mahcines overall specs

Nope, doesn't work like that, sorry.

A program does not run on multiple processors at once, UNLESS it's running in multiple instances (Browsers using tabs)
Edited by Ironsolid#1288 on 2/6/2013 8:02 PM PST
Reply Quote

Nope, doesn't work like that, sorry.

A program does not run on multiple processors at once.

D3 is multithreaded, generally you get twice the performance assuming two threads are accessing different cache line on a multicore cpu. Although they may idle a lot waiting for renderer to finish rendering due to its single threaded nature, but there are ways to counter that.
Edited by reloaded#1370 on 2/6/2013 8:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
USE WINDOW MODE
Reply Quote
So i have this acer aspire s3 with intel core-i5 2x1.7GHz, 4GB RAM DDR3 and Intel HD 4000 graphics. I can hardly run D3 with all set to minimum on 1366x768 with like 15 fps average, so it's not playable. Others claim that they can run the game on high with 40 fps on this GPU, i wonder how it's possible. I have the latest drivers, any suggestions ?

turn off shadows. you should be able to max it out.

I beleve that was one of the bugs with the intel chipset and there shadowing system in game. Disabling it fixes it. Not sure if it was ever patched.
Edited by Sorsha#1578 on 2/7/2013 4:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 03:56 PMPosted by Yoona
i can play it on max settings with my intel hd 3000. seriously most people dont know **** about integrated graphics. everytime you ask them about it, theyll just tell you that all it can play is minecraft and get a gaming pc.

lmao i played on a intel hd 3000 and I couldnt get above 30 fps SOLO

In groups I was @ like 15-20 fps max

and If i had casters in the party like wizards/wd I cudnt get over 10 fps

and this was w/ every tweak and optimization

Stop Bull!@#$ting lol

You need a Good GPU to play diablo 3
Reply Quote

You need a Good GPU to play diablo 3

No you don't...

D3 is far from a demanding game.
Reply Quote
using ivy bridge core i5 3.4 ghz with HD4000, run window mode with slightly lag, but fair
Reply Quote
Running D3 on lowest setting with Intel HD 3000 swag
Reply Quote
Intel HD 4000 graphics

Is this "onboard video" IE part of the motherboard, not a separate video card? If so, this is usually the failing point for some systems (usually, laptops) to run games. Many will work fine with it, some will find it woefully underpowered, and others, like D3, will flat out refuse to run even though decent settings on D3 would work on a five-year old PC.

I had a 3.2 GHz dual with 4 gigs DDR2 and an ATI something and it ran fine.

Today, thanks to TAXIO REFUNDO I have a 4.0 GHz oct-core with 16 gigs DDR3 and an ATI something awesome. Now, it runs fine, and my shadows...

My shadows...

MY SHADOWS....

ARE SMOOOOVE.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]