Diablo® III

Torchlight 2 endgame?

Anybody know how and what is about the endgame of this game? I'm trying to find a new game and I was looking for Torchlight but never played the first game or the beta. And what about the PvP is there PvP and is any good?
Edited by Fumbari#1551 on 9/25/2012 3:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The first problem is you kids don't know what the word "end-game" means. These aren't MMOs.
Reply Quote
Once you've finished the game's story, you gain access to the Map Room. This is a room where, for in-game gold, you purchase maps which open new random dungeons with enemies, bosses and drops of your level.
These can have random affixes - such as Duplicate, Swift, Shocking, etc. - which applies to the enemies within, making them a real challenge.

Upon completion you also immediately gain access to an NPC who will allow you to begin the New Game+ mode. This is similar to the way Diablo works with it's Nightmare and Hell modes - the world is remade and you begin the game again, however you retain all of your gear, level and skills, and the enemies scale again to your level.
There are items, sets and even entirely new types of items that only drop in the New Game+ Mode. New Game+ can be completed numerous times (New Game++, New Game+++, etc.). Each time, the enemies and drops scale.

Once you've achieved the level cap of 100, you're free to run as many Maps from the Map Room as you like.

That's how Torchlight II handles it's "end game".

And the PvP is terrific. It's incredibly fast, and can be downright brutal.
Reply Quote
Agreed Tl2 is just as fun as it sounds. More so.
Reply Quote
When I play an ARPG, the end game has been alts. Just how I feel, though.
Reply Quote
Well then theirs plenty of endgame for you, cause you can only respec the last 3 points spent.
Reply Quote
Cool you guys just convince me to buy it and just 2 last question I would like to know if someone can answer me. The talent and stat system is more Diablo 2ish where you need to create other toon if you screw on 1 point on a talent or stats or it is more WoW/D3 where you can just respec anytime?
Is the story and acts more long than D3?
Reply Quote
Cool you guys just convince me to buy it and just 2 last question I would like to know if someone can answer me. The talent and stat system is more Diablo 2ish where you need to create other toon if you screw on 1 point on a talent or stats or it is more WoW/D3 where you can just respec anytime?

You can always respec the last three points you spent. This allows you to fix it if you realize you !@#$ up your build really bad, but still requires some commitment in the end.
Reply Quote

You can respec the LAST 3 SKILL POINTS SPENT so if you hold them it won't go past, it's only the last 3 that you SPENT. so plan b4 you spend i guess, if you need to experiment drop a point in and use it on the dummy in town don't like? talk to respec and remove it.

story & acts more long than d3 - 4x longer about.
d3 = 6 hours done tl2 = 24 hours done 24/6 = 4.
Reply Quote
Once you've finished the game's story, you gain access to the Map Room. This is a room where, for in-game gold, you purchase maps which open new random dungeons with enemies, bosses and drops of your level.
These can have random affixes - such as Duplicate, Swift, Shocking, etc. - which applies to the enemies within, making them a real challenge.

Upon completion you also immediately gain access to an NPC who will allow you to begin the New Game+ mode. This is similar to the way Diablo works with it's Nightmare and Hell modes - the world is remade and you begin the game again, however you retain all of your gear, level and skills, and the enemies scale again to your level.
There are items, sets and even entirely new types of items that only drop in the New Game+ Mode. New Game+ can be completed numerous times (New Game++, New Game+++, etc.). Each time, the enemies and drops scale.

Once you've achieved the level cap of 100, you're free to run as many Maps from the Map Room as you like.

The other thing that is different between TL2 and D3 with regards to NG+ is that you still retain the ability to choose the difficulty level that you want to play on (and can change it every time that you play if you just create a LAN game), so when I go into NG+ LAN game I can choose casual, normal, Veteran, and Elite for the difficulty modes, this compared to D3 that has it's difficulty levels built into the level, for example...

D3 you've played the game in normal and now you move up in difficulty to Nightmare.
TL2 you've played the game in whatever difficulty level you choose, then choose to play NG+ LAN and can choose what level difficulty to play NG+ at, casual, normal, veteran, elite etc.
Reply Quote

Oh, and don't forget that there are legendary tier items that can only be equiped by characters between lvl 97 and 100 (at least i think that is level range based on a dosen I saw on wiki) And they are mean red colored :D

EDIT: Scratch that i just googled it and there are legends at lover levers too. Saw a picture of lvl 68 (requirement) legendary. It made me drool. :)

People on this forum often mistake gold items for legendarys, and comlain they drop too often, but golds are just rares. Wanted to clear that up too.
Edited by Fluffynator#2310 on 9/26/2012 7:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

in other words 100x more thought out and interesting than D3's endgame

D3 has an end-game? Wow, could have fooled me.
Reply Quote
I like the affixes in TL2. Don't get me wrong, the affixes in D3 are nice and they are pretty but in TL2 I think they are a lot of fun. You have to out run heat seeking fireballs, side step power glaives (sp?) and figure out how to get around the machine gun fire as well as a dozen other npc spell effects. And thank god no unavoidable insta-kills.
Reply Quote
[quote]

story & acts more long than d3 - 4x longer about.
d3 = 6 hours done tl2 = 24 hours done 24/6 = 4.

Holy s*$#, I just learned math in a diablo forum.
Reply Quote
And MODS!!
Reply Quote
D3 has no end game... its just more grinding trails of bread crumbs. Blizzard: " Lets add 100 more levels! Lets make more content for players to grind for hours!". Such a disappointment... ARPG my a%s, go make "D3" a proper mmo instead of claiming to be an ARPG game.
Reply Quote
Is there a TL2 community going on somewhere? I've been loking for discussion on characters, but there is more talk about TL2 in the D3 forums than any of the TL2 fan sites ive found.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]