Diablo® III

Torchlight 2 endgame?

10/04/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Grashnak
Is there a TL2 community going on somewhere? I've been loking for discussion on characters, but there is more talk about TL2 in the D3 forums than any of the TL2 fan sites ive found.

It's because most of the d2 players are acknowledging TL2 as the torchlight(pun intended) of the ARPG series that Diablo had with it, whereas D3 is the competition trying to grasp what the ARPG is even about and is still sitting in the dark.
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Grashnak
Is there a TL2 community going on somewhere? I've been loking for discussion on characters, but there is more talk about TL2 in the D3 forums than any of the TL2 fan sites ive found.

If you want TL2 discussions you should go to runic games' forums. That's where most of the discussion's going to be.
Reply Quote
Endgame is mods, basically.
Play new modes, classes, or so on that people have created.

Of course, the people need time to create them.
Edited by SirNacho#1875 on 10/4/2012 4:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Endgame is more advanced than Diablo 3's constant act 3 grinds

There is a mapworks room. There is NG+ (you can do this many times. max level is 100 but you could end up fighting level 140s if you continue enough times).

There is PvP

There is Multiplayer

And rolling new characters (even ones that are the same class of one of your max levels) is much more fun due to randomization, build diversity, and stat allocation.
Reply Quote
Endgame is more advanced than Diablo 3's constant act 3 grinds

There is a mapworks room. There is NG+ (you can do this many times. max level is 100 but you could end up fighting level 140s if you continue enough times).

There is PvP

There is Multiplayer

And rolling new characters (even ones that are the same class of one of your max levels) is much more fun due to randomization, build diversity, and stat allocation.

All of this. You could have multiple alts of each class and they can all be different. So many builds and gear choices to explore. A lot like D2.
Reply Quote
mapworks room is basically a endless dungeon, you can invite your friends too to join you in your adventure of that "special" affixes map you bought from the npc.
Reply Quote
Once you've finished the game's story, you gain access to the Map Room. This is a room where, for in-game gold, you purchase maps which open new random dungeons with enemies, bosses and drops of your level.
These can have random affixes - such as Duplicate, Swift, Shocking, etc. - which applies to the enemies within, making them a real challenge.

Upon completion you also immediately gain access to an NPC who will allow you to begin the New Game+ mode. This is similar to the way Diablo works with it's Nightmare and Hell modes - the world is remade and you begin the game again, however you retain all of your gear, level and skills, and the enemies scale again to your level.
There are items, sets and even entirely new types of items that only drop in the New Game+ Mode. New Game+ can be completed numerous times (New Game++, New Game+++, etc.). Each time, the enemies and drops scale.

Once you've achieved the level cap of 100, you're free to run as many Maps from the Map Room as you like.

That's how Torchlight II handles it's "end game".

And the PvP is terrific. It's incredibly fast, and can be downright brutal.

So can you access the map room after already picking new game+ mode?
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 11:16 PMPosted by Buhta

No, unfortunately not. Once activated, New Game+ re-rolls the world for your character while advancing it up to the New Game+ stature. You can't un-New Game+ your character, so you're stuck with no access to the Map Room until you've completed the game again.

As a Developer on Runic's Forums said, the difficulty levels are in-place on top of New Game+ to ensure each player has the experience they want.
Playing on Elite, the game is !@#$ing brutal. Seriously tough, all the way through. It only normals out once you get solid gear, levels and skills for your Character.
So, I farmed the Map Room until I had Gear, Sockets and Enchants I felt were incredibly powerful, then activated New Game+. The extra umph I got from farming out Gear for a few days made the transition much smoother, as New Game+ ramps up the difficulty quite a lot. Even on Elite.
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Paladin
12/04/2012 04:08 AMPosted by ZehDon

No, unfortunately not. Once activated, New Game+ re-rolls the world for your character while advancing it up to the New Game+ stature. You can't un-New Game+ your character, so you're stuck with no access to the Map Room until you've completed the game again.

As a Developer on Runic's Forums said, the difficulty levels are in-place on top of New Game+ to ensure each player has the experience they want.
Playing on Elite, the game is !@#$ing brutal. Seriously tough, all the way through. It only normals out once you get solid gear, levels and skills for your Character.
So, I farmed the Map Room until I had Gear, Sockets and Enchants I felt were incredibly powerful, then activated New Game+. The extra umph I got from farming out Gear for a few days made the transition much smoother, as New Game+ ramps up the difficulty quite a lot. Even on Elite.

You do have access to the map room after you roll a new game plus; I believe you have to discover the first waypoint in order to access it however.

I spread my NG+ experience between running dungeons and completing the storyline, since there are many, many gaps where you need to level a bit before going there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]