Diablo® III

just got rich, what should i buy?

last night i found a 1300dps 90crit 2socket manticore, i threw it up on the AH for 2billion and someone bought it 10 minutes later. I now have 1.7billion(after AH cut) to upgrade my barb. My question is, should i buy 1 or 2 of the godliest IK gear(so they will always be worth a ton) or a whole new set for my barb?

opinions?
Reply Quote
go best in slot.

spend say 1.5 on like 2 best in slot pieces.
then spend 200M on a few solid 25M upgrades for all your other pieces
Reply Quote
U should help me to upgrade something of my gear hahaha :D. I hope someday i got lucky like u to find anything that can be sell for a lot.
Reply Quote
Stay away from rare rings and ammys since they will get a buff in 1.05, otherwise go crazy, IK set is awesome and I love the set bonus, because you don't lose fury anymore it completely frees up a skill slot that you were using in your build for a fury generator like bash. This is my 1.05 build, tested on monster power 10:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#hUQVRP!eZY!ZZbZYc

I can kill elites on monster power 10 in less then 1 minute for most cases, and that's mainly because I am consistently dropping overpower and revenge crits on the enemies while also doing whirlwind and sprint.

Also, the best gold I ever spent was on a cold damage, high elite damage stone of jordan....hands down, worth every single gold, and it will still be a good ring after the patch.

Congrats on your godly find, I hope your barb turns out how you want him to.
Reply Quote
I am green with envy and red with rage.
Reply Quote
Seems like everyone is buying SoJ these days.

Who said D3 was not like D2?
Reply Quote
if my math is correct at the exchange rate of $.6 (lower limit guess) for 1 million gold, you just banked over $1,000 worth of gold. (1.7BN gold * .6)/1MM= $1020 roughly.

After 15% transaction fee = $867
After 15% PayPal fee= $736.95 NET!!!!!!!!

Best advice is to wait for gold to rise a little then CASH OUT!

*edit fees
Edited by JerQQy#1346 on 9/28/2012 9:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Cash out and go buy some more of that Killa Kush
Reply Quote
IMO i would only go 3set IK and get 12MS Ice climbers and Trifecta/str/AR gloves. Fury gen doesnt look to be a problem in PTR but mitigation is very important even for mid MP levels. Getting good AR on these 5slots will go a long way in setting a good foundation for your AR while not sacrificing on the utility of the IAS you may not get on IK gloves.
Reply Quote
i'm with jerQQy, cash it out!!

congrats on the find!
Reply Quote
thank you all for the input! even though im very tempted to sell the gold for real money, im just gonna pimp out my barb haha, gonna be interesting shopping for gear tonight after work
Reply Quote
i'd sell that !@#$ for real money
Reply Quote
Five pices of the Immortal King's set, Lacuni Prowlers and a Vile Ward. Upgrade the weapons.
Reply Quote
if my math is correct at the exchange rate of $.6 (lower limit guess) for 1 million gold, you just banked over $1,000 worth of gold. (1.7BN gold * .6)/1MM= $1020 roughly.

After 15% transaction fee = $867
After 15% PayPal fee= $736.95 NET!!!!!!!!

Best advice is to wait for gold to rise a little then CASH OUT!

This.
Reply Quote
Congrats^^ Go buy best in slot pieces they wont devalue. Other pieces will. And wait till shortly after new patch because they just doubled the drop rate for legendaries and set items.
Reply Quote
Curious, what other stats did your Manticore have?

I found one at 1kdps, but it had like freakin 200Str, 200int, and some WD ability. I figure it wouldn't be worth much, but just curious if the stats made any huge difference?
Reply Quote
If you dont cash out i would say get a BIS IK chest and either IK gloves or helm. You sir will be murdering.
Edited by Sweety#1682 on 9/28/2012 11:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Cash out.. or buy 5 good ik pieces and at least 1 badass weapon... like a 900 dps bk warr blood with 90% cd and 6% elite dmg.

I personaly would cash out 70% of it and keep a lil play money for in game. Dude... basically a couple zips of kush dropped ingame for you... how often does that happen lol.. does that put a real value on it now?:P

Cheers!
Reply Quote
sell gold after patch when its in slightly higher demand and cash out...and if you wanna keep playing just upgrade your gear with 200m
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6713912852
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]