Diablo® III

just got rich, what should i buy?

09/28/2012 01:27 PMPosted by BenderPoo
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6713912852

Way to be a salesman haha ;)
Reply Quote
Let me know if you have questions about itemising. I like to think I'm pretty good at it :D
Reply Quote
My advice is take Acrimony up on his offer to help, or let some other top barb help. It would be very easy to blow 1.5 bil on the AH without getting a truly godly, coherent set. It is easy to get tons of CC/CD/IAS/STR, but it is no simple thing to assemble a great set. I assume you are going to do a WW build. Even if you are very smart and you do some research up front, you will make costly gearing mistakes if you don't get some expert advice.
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 01:34 PMPosted by acrimony
Let me know if you have questions about itemising. I like to think I'm pretty good at it :D

Yep.

OP, just make sure don't ask Joch for any advice on how to itemize properly. I'm sure everyone can do a better job than him. Maybe his shield expertise could rub off on you.

:)
Reply Quote
IMO... cash that outtttt. At least most of it. Upgrade with some fun stuff but then go buy yourself a dang iPad or something with that cash haha.
Reply Quote
Yoh, lucky! I would sell all of it for real money!
Reply Quote
Man... sooooo jealous. You and I have somewhat similar WW barb stats and I have been eeeeeking my way ever so slowly to over 100 mil in gold, only to stare in disappointment at the 200 mil IK chests I cant have.

The D3 world is now your oyster. You are the unlikely statistic that should never have been. Claim your rags to riches title and run wild with maniacal power.

But... don't you constantly sit there and wonder if you could have gotten 4 billion?
Reply Quote
hahaha it's you! congrats dude!

I was in the same trade chat as you, I'm glad you didn't get ripped off =]

Good luck!
Reply Quote
thank you for all the advice and kind words everyone! As i've told others, i've never looted anything worth more than 1mill and i was honestly thinking of quitting. then i got this and its a totally different story! lol

@Acrimony I will definitely take you up on that offer since ive never had anywhere near this much gold and id probably waste it all stupidly :P

@Highlander here is the link to the manticore i looted http://imageshack.us/a/img7/8863/manticoreq.jpg
Reply Quote
thank you for all the advice and kind words everyone! As i've told others, i've never looted anything worth more than 1mill and i was honestly thinking of quitting. then i got this and its a totally different story! lol

@Acrimony I will definitely take you up on that offer since ive never had anywhere near this much gold and id probably waste it all stupidly :P

@Highlander here is the link to the manticore i looted http://imageshack.us/a/img7/8863/manticoreq.jpg

If I'm right, I can gear you better than myself. Or very close to it.

Let me know what time I should come on. I'm heading over to the PTR to farm some Ubers :D
Reply Quote

Thanks for the info, and gratz again!
Reply Quote
i can help you with picking out stuff, add me if you'd like - bluetaco#1331.
Edited by BlueTaco#1331 on 9/28/2012 3:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
BUY my OP throw barb for maximum fun times in adventure land.
Reply Quote
View profile
Here is my advice regarding the IK set items:

For the helm, wait for 1.0.5. Maybe they will fix Mempo of Twilight, and then it will become the new BIS. Don't buy an IK's Triumph until you know what is happening with the Mempo.

For the chest, you can't go wrong with IK's Eternal Reign

Don't bother with IK's Stride if you don't want the full set bonus. Instead, get Ice Climbers. The only reason I don't have one is because Ice Climbers are as ugly as they are expensive.

The mighty weapon is just lol.

IK's Irons have the bonus melee reduction and the possibility of rolling high strength, but good rares have better stats. For example, IK's Irons can never roll trifecta and all res at the same time.

IK's Tribal Binding is pretty good, but technically, a Lamentation can roll the same stats, and you still get the 1% crit chance bonus...but good Lamentations (i.e. ones with high strength and high all res) are extremely rare. Their current low prices relative to the Tribal Binding reflect this. If you're not interested in lifesteal, get a Witching Hour (a godly one would probably cost you a billion, lol).
Edited by TheNoseKnows#1451 on 9/29/2012 4:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I would laugh so hard if a witch doctor bought that Manticore.
Reply Quote
You so should of RMAH that manticore instead...
Reply Quote
09/29/2012 05:19 AMPosted by Hi5
You so should of RMAH that manticore instead...

Math isn't your strongest skill, is it?

Selling it on RMAH for 250 =

~175 Million gold

Selling it for 1.7 Billion gold =

~$1190

There comes a point when you have to sell a highly valuable item for gold, and then sell the gold. This is because the highest price you can set an item in the RMAH is $250. That makes the "cap" at the current price of gold a mere 175Million gold.
Edited by Alcsaar#1113 on 9/29/2012 5:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
is this your manticore?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/tonydj-2923/hero/5921273
Reply Quote
is this your manticore?

Lol wow 300k Damage.

Justice lantern ring on his Templar..

1200 DPS Socketed windforce on his thief.
Reply Quote
You can buy/sell gold now?
Wow I really dont pay any attention to this game anymore
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]