Diablo® III

[GUIDE] The Tank DH V.7

Deleted
Edited by Sephiroth#6628 on 12/13/2012 4:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
Anyone with a strong tank setup try swapping SP:Gloom for SS:Choking Gas? I rarely use SP except in the most extreme situations. Thinking that SS:Choking Gas can be just as much of an "oh crap" button, but comes with nice damage to boot.
Reply Quote
most people with strong tank setups don't need to back out, or are facetanking so it is easier to get trapped or surrounded. SS:Choking Gas can be useful, but not when you have nowhere to run to.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I was thinking less about using SS as an escape mechanism than for a damage "break" to let LoH do it's thing and catch up if I got overwhelmed with multiple sentry beams/ground effects.
Reply Quote
I ran SS: Choking Gas over gloom for some time when I had my LoH up over 2.5K LoH. At that level it is AMAZING. In the middle of dense packs of mobs, I remembering being fully healed while I was invulnerable (with gas grenade clouds also running of course). Also the gas lingers around. I run legacy nats and I was able to spam SS and the gas's overlap for amazing life return.

DH Tanks: Ignore my current gear. I'm focusing on paragon Act3 MP0 speed runs.
Edited by DinoBSC#1690 on 12/13/2012 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hey fellow tank dh guys, do you think it's viable to use an soj with cold (+max disc and grenades or bola shot dmg increase) w/ cull the weak passive?

also, I'll try later switching Gloom w/ Choking Gas :)
Reply Quote
Hi,

need some help, would be nice if u got some hints for me.
Last time I played d3 was at patch 1.03, so a lot has changed.
I played an crit dh tank and now looking for a spec with 2x1h or 1h+shield.
My Eq can u see over my profil + in my inv is a helm of command for more life and 2 shield.
One with Crit and the other for Def with block/resi.

Im lookin for something like this ~ http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#ajXVed!Zfe!Zbcbcc
Or Full tank: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#begkYV!fVd!ZcYbbb
Looks funny, like the old days...

Do you think its valid with my current gear or should i change something??
THX Guys...
Edited by malikah#2179 on 12/13/2012 11:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
any updates?
Reply Quote
I will actually be posting theorycraft builds on PvP oriented tank DH builds soon. It'll be a whole new dynamic of tanking, and it will be interesting for sure. Currently, my tank is very pvp-ready in terms of gear.
Edited by Xenophis#1434 on 1/1/2013 9:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
xeno, what skill set do u think is good for tank dh in pvp?
Reply Quote
I've been testing a few skills on some high MP single target bosses to test damage mitigation thresholds and more effective single target life sustain. Haven't yet thought of a full skill set yet since I'm still in test phase of certain skills, but Cinder Arrow is going to be an excellent choice so far from what I've seen against MP10 Ghom. Grenades are almost guaranteed to be out of the question in a Duel DH tank build since you will be relying on damage that will be inconsistent due to its current mechanics (slow, easy to dodge, etc. Gas grenades leave a few seconds of gas so that may be a bit viable. Cinder has 1.3 proc co-eff though, so that is a huge deal as well.)
Reply Quote
Cinder also homes into the target if nearby.

Cinder, Multi-Suppression, Gloom, Impale/Cluster, Vault-Acro/Tumble, RoV-Stun/KB Rune

So far, that's what I'm thinking of using.

Cinder as both LS and LoH source and hatred generator, Multi for Disc, Impale/Cluster as your damage dealers, RoV as your Damage + Utility.
Edited by Chrizzle#1390 on 1/2/2013 9:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
I use both Cinder arrow and cluster grenades. I really got tired of mobs who move around so much that my grenades were useless. Once i started using them, i realized that my tank hunter became more versatile.

Now in crowds I can just stand there and let loose on crowds of mobs with nades + turret + spiked traps.

but if i find that difficult elite... i can just stand in 1 spot and use cinder arrow + spiked traps.

this build has worked well for me on MP10. I can stand in 1 spot verses act1-3 keywardens in MP10. Act1 and 3 just use cinder arrow. Act 2 use cluster grenades. I never come close to dieing.
Edited by Ichthus#1805 on 1/8/2013 1:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
looks like 1.07 is coming up, apparently demon hunters will get less love this time around due to past changes. still im really looking forward to what they have planned.
Reply Quote
View profile
I just want to say thank you for this build; it's good for more than just uber runs. The DH was my first character, but after she was nerfed long ago, she went on the shelf. When I dusted her off a couple weeks back I was struggling in mp3 so I came to the DH forums for some insight. This build sounded like a good option for someone on a modest budget (originally 20m). I'm sure if you have 250k DPS you can make a lot of builds work, but I had just 85k at the time.

Now I can roam mp7 with relative ease and as I lower the mp difficulty I simply start swapping out passives and a bit of gear to enhance my farming efficiency. I am not quite done with her yet, but she is on par with my SnB barb and my new favorite to play. My entire setup set me back just under 40m including the gems.
Reply Quote
I just want to say thank you for this build; it's good for more than just uber runs. The DH was my first character, but after she was nerfed long ago, she went on the shelf. When I dusted her off a couple weeks back I was struggling in mp3 so I came to the DH forums for some insight. This build sounded like a good option for someone on a modest budget (originally 20m). I'm sure if you have 250k DPS you can make a lot of builds work, but I had just 85k at the time.

Now I can roam mp7 with relative ease and as I lower the mp difficulty I simply start swapping out passives and a bit of gear to enhance my farming efficiency. I am not quite done with her yet, but she is on par with my SnB barb and my new favorite to play. My entire setup set me back just under 40m including the gems.

glad it helped :D
Reply Quote
Just wonder how is your tank dh doing in dueling? My current gear and skill on my profile is doing great so far.
Reply Quote
Only trouble I have is WD with their sneak attack. As long as we kite and ss and hope CC kicks in, we're doing okay :P Sentry works great in pvp fyi.
Reply Quote
09/24/2012 06:06 PMPosted by Morogoth
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#UagkYR!cXW!cbYbcc - use move speed boots. works best with cold damage off hand as well for ranged snaring.

Holy crap, a hot pursuit build.. that's so badass!
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#UagkYR!cXW!cbYbcc - use move speed boots. works best with cold damage off hand as well for ranged snaring.

Holy crap, a hot pursuit build.. that's so badass!

Necr00000 - post is sept 2012

15% movement passive that turns off is a waste since you can get 12% on gear free.
Hot pursuit is not badass, not yet...

it needs to
1) raise the move cap to 30%..or 35%
2) always be on
3) when you over-gear 148%(boots, bracers, pants, inquisitor)+15% you should still hit 122% while strafing.... and then hot pursuit could be totally badass
Edited by zoid#1554 on 3/3/2013 11:48 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]