310% CD
30 CC
39.5KHP
700 AR

equals to MASSIVE FUN!

good to hear that its fun for you :D
Reply Quote
There are a lot of well geared tank DH here. :D

Morogoth, how much critical chance do you need to make Night Stalker truly effective? I am thinking of buffing critical chance but probably in 1.05 when the higher level jewelleries drop
Reply Quote

Morogoth, how much critical chance do you need to make Night Stalker truly effective? I am thinking of buffing critical chance but probably in 1.05 when the higher level jewelleries drop

you need at minimum 20%, though its not reliable at this point. it will definitely get you use to disc management :p

you need 30%+ to make it work effectively. obviously the higher the better.
Reply Quote

you need at minimum 20%, though its not reliable at this point. it will definitely get you use to disc management :p

you need 30%+ to make it work effectively. obviously the higher the better.

Thanks, i will keep that in mind. I will wait for 1.05 for the upgrades since i believe prices will drop significantly then for jewellery
Reply Quote
I've been transitioning more into a "hybrid tank" where I try to dish out as much DPS as possible while staying tough as nails. To do this, I had to drop significant LoH and life steal but for giggles I went back to my old bows. Yes 23K is less than 68K, but 2.9K LoH and 5.1% life steal is pretty good. I don't even need gloom and with legacy nats I can do the prep: punishment and infinite strafe.

But I do think I like I to just try and kill everything as fast as possible-- speaking as someone who did the 15-20K dps handbow + shield thing for a long time. I'm still farming/looking for upgrades to bump my DPS while maintaining defensive stats (not easy).
Reply Quote
I've been transitioning more into a "hybrid tank" where I try to dish out as much DPS as possible while staying tough as nails. To do this, I had to drop significant LoH and life steal but for giggles I went back to my old bows. Yes 23K is less than 68K, but 2.9K LoH and 5.1% life steal is pretty good. I don't even need gloom and with legacy nats I can do the prep: punishment and infinite strafe.

But I do think I like I to just try and kill everything as fast as possible-- speaking as someone who did the 15-20K dps handbow + shield thing for a long time. I'm still farming/looking for upgrades to bump my DPS while maintaining defensive stats (not easy).

agree, maintaining good defensive stats while raising dps becomes problematic after you reach a certain point. all the sudden you hit a wall and find you gear that you looking at either costs a whole lotta gold or you farm and may never find something.
Edited by Morogoth#1321 on 10/11/2012 12:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/IKrow-1891/hero/4221547

DW Hybrid Type works well also for me...
Same mechanics but different playstyle. Mostly DPS multiplier come from the SS/Choke Gas (not spam) 5 second mark.

I hope my build will be added on the Hybrid Tank section.

Cheers!!!
Reply Quote
@DinoBSC and @Morogoth.. Im hitting that wall right now.. Currently Im having a hard time improving DPS unless i lose the shield (which I dont want to lol).. Im currently sitting at around 930k eHP (with life gem in helm) with around 89k DPS.. 1300 LOH.. in order to improve DPS i need more Crit Damage, but you cant have more crit damage without lose LOH or AR.. its such a balancing game..

Hopefully, the rings and ammys coming out in 1.05 can help with this..
Reply Quote
At that dps, I would switch over to life steal on your hand bows, not LoH, while LoH is good, you are going to see far more return on attack from life steal than from LoH at this point.
Reply Quote
I know what stats I need in order to tank, and I'm working on them. But my question is, which hatred spender is more beneficial for this build? I mean, I see people using Strafe, MS, LFB, and a few others. But what one will best benefit the build?
Reply Quote
@DinoBSC and @Morogoth.. Im hitting that wall right now.. Currently Im having a hard time improving DPS unless i lose the shield (which I dont want to lol).. Im currently sitting at around 930k eHP (with life gem in helm) with around 89k DPS.. 1300 LOH.. in order to improve DPS i need more Crit Damage, but you cant have more crit damage without lose LOH or AR.. its such a balancing game..

Hopefully, the rings and ammys coming out in 1.05 can help with this..

unfortunately with your gear its going to be really hard :(
only thing i could suggest really is more ASI. besides increasing your dps it has the side benefit of giving you more hits per second, so more LoH incoming.

10/12/2012 08:28 AMPosted by DrDoom
I know what stats I need in order to tank, and I'm working on them. But my question is, which hatred spender is more beneficial for this build? I mean, I see people using Strafe, MS, LFB, and a few others. But what one will best benefit the build?

i personally use strafe because its fun :D
if you dont have the right gear to hold you up it can be a disaster though.

the right hatred spender would be the one that fits your playstyle.
multishot(suppression) has good disc regen if you have disc problems.
LFB has higher damage, mainly its better just for killing things faster.
i even use ball lightning sometimes. its great for taking out large packs of mobs.

the point being that you should choose your spender according to what the situation calls for.
Edited by Morogoth#1321 on 10/12/2012 8:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Alright, thanks Morogoth!
Reply Quote
Guys, does numbing trap work for sentry CoT? The description mention as sentry fire, does it apply to chains as well?
Edited by RaveaAngel#6183 on 10/12/2012 9:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 09:40 AMPosted by RaveaAngel
Guys, does numbing trap work for sentry CoT? The description mention as sentry fire, does it apply to chains as well?

it should apply. its just like how caltrops doesnt actually do damage it just snares. the system just has to recognize that it has been hit by sentry.

unfortunately when i went to test it i got confusing results :(
not only did CoT not appear to be working, but caltrops also appeared to be not applying the effect. which is odd since its always been on the passive. can someone else confirm/deny that numbing traps is working properly.
Reply Quote
Also i gotta say. As a badly geared tank, i respect you guys for sticking true to tank DH. Because if you're not ready for an Act the mobs will truly tell you to sit the !@#$ down lol
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Morogoth

it should apply. its just like how caltrops doesnt actually do damage it just snares. the system just has to recognize that it has been hit by sentry.

unfortunately when i went to test it i got confusing results :(
not only did CoT not appear to be working, but caltrops also appeared to be not applying the effect. which is odd since its always been on the passive. can someone else confirm/deny that numbing traps is working properly.

I will go try it out tonight to see if i can some conclusive results. I used it in act3 mp3 and i was constantly swarmed by monsters to test properly. I will go act 1 to try.

BTW MP3 seems very easy for me. I find it even easier than the current 1.04 maybe because of the weaker hits and higher defensive passives that we have. I did not use pets but my life is constantly more than the 70% without using gloom or preparation. MP5 is manageable, just very time consuming
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 06:53 PMPosted by RaveaAngel
I will go try it out tonight to see if i can some conclusive results. I used it in act3 mp3 and i was constantly swarmed by monsters to test properly. I will go act 1 to try.

Thanks
10/12/2012 06:53 PMPosted by RaveaAngel
BTW MP3 seems very easy for me. I find it even easier than the current 1.04 maybe because of the weaker hits and higher defensive passives that we have. I did not use pets but my life is constantly more than the 70% without using gloom or preparation. MP5 is manageable, just very time consuming

ya, the mobs all took an initial nerf for the 1.05 patch. lylirra posted that mp2-3 is what is the closest to ACT3 inferno as we have it right now. so, really everyone that can do act3/4 right now will be doing at least mp2.

agree, mp5 is time consuming :(
i need some more dps before i can hit that. maybe 25k more dps :p
just have to get a bunch of crit damage and stuff.
Reply Quote
Hi, Is anyone else using Hallowed 1 hand set? I did find a good judgement and shield with 28% block and with bola damage which should work well in 1.0.5. I did lose a little LOH though but still have enough.

It is a decent budget set for me.

I looked at other shield and 1 hand bow combos and found the hallowed set best for me with discipline, block plus the smal IAS and all res bonus. Really cheap compared to the other stuff out there. I do miss a little CD though as my 1K dps judgement has not socket.

Also got a legendary cloak with spike trap damage, discipline and max speed which is worth losing 3 sockets on my other.

Can't wait for 1.05 to go live.
Reply Quote
10/13/2012 07:34 AMPosted by Morogoth

Thanks

ya, the mobs all took an initial nerf for the 1.05 patch. lylirra posted that mp2-3 is what is the closest to ACT3 inferno as we have it right now. so, really everyone that can do act3/4 right now will be doing at least mp2.

agree, mp5 is time consuming :(
i need some more dps before i can hit that. maybe 25k more dps :p
just have to get a bunch of crit damage and stuff.

Weird, i was being hit around 6000 by zombies in act 1 mp3 with caltrop or sentry CoT but without both skills, i was being hit 5500 to 9200. I dont understand the numbers

I will also be looking at critical stuff once i can afford them (rings, amulet etc). I have been concentrating on stacking dex but did not focus on critical chance or damage as i cannot afford LOL. How much more critical damage you need to reach 25k more? How do you calculate?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]