Diablo® III

KEY drops should NOT

key drops should NOT be effected by monster level. people who CHOOSE to play at whatever level they choose, should NOT be rewarded or punished for their choice. give them each about a 10-20% chance of dropping, no matter the difficulty.

Also keys and organs should be TRADEABLE, let people have fun and play the game, and let the AH work as a gold sink, which is drastically needed.
Reply Quote
It's not the Monster Power affecting the drop it's the magic find that comes with it. Up the MP for higher base Magic Find, thats all. The highest MP you can do easily is the best choice for Farming.
Reply Quote
disagree. they are tied to the account and should remain that way IMO.

Let each progress and find their keys rather than trading or selling/buying off the AH. there is enough on the AH right now. I like this "unique" stuff like the staff of herding to remain tied to the account... like the keys and I saw someone get "angel wings" last night (although don't know what it really does).

Makes you play to get the rewards :)

regarding "any monster level". I don't know if I've seen a post regarding min monster power needed to get keys. some get it with 5stack and mpower 10 ... seen others get it with mpower 3 with 5 stacks. don't know how low it goes but at seems at a min it is power 3 gives the ability for the drop.
Reply Quote
That is interesting if MP lvl affects it. They stated in an interview that they weren't doing achievements for upper lvl's because they didn't want people to feel they had to get to lvl 10. Seems this goes against that philosophy.
Reply Quote
your right Bubba, lets just remove tradeing completely from a game franchise BUILT on tradeing. your also right, people who would buy the keys/organs and just do the events should feel ashamed of earning any kind of rewards for completeling the events.

as for monster levels effecting key drops, it SEEMS the higher level, the better the chances, with 10 being guaranteed keys dropped, and 0 or 1 having very very slim chances. Eveb if its the MF, this should not be the case, keys should be a random drop on all levels
Reply Quote
Did know ML affected this. Source?
Reply Quote
I agree that the players should not be punnished for not playing MP 10.....and if I get a key or a ring...then it should be mine to trade or sell as I wish......the game was built on this.
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 01:07 PMPosted by ztking

threads here in this forum, just gotta look and read.
Reply Quote
This is Diablo. Everything should be tradeable just like in Diablo 2. This isn't WoW. Who cares if people want to trade so they can actually try doing Ubers? Some people can play for hours on end and never get a drop. It gets frustrating. Just let people have fun and everyone stop complaining so dang much. It took over 10 years for Diablo 2 to be as great as it is and it's going to take D3 time as well.
Sorry end rant
Reply Quote
I found one on MP4 I believe it has more to do with MF then anything else. My MF is 475 at MP4 so maybe that's why some need mp 10 cause they don't have much base MF?
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 01:35 PMPosted by ChaosLeech
I found one on MP4 I believe it has more to do with MF then anything else. My MF is 475 at MP4 so maybe that's why some need mp 10 cause they don't have much base MF?

it could be MF based ATM, though since i have heard of NO ONE that has NOT gotten a key drop on level 10, EVER, i would asssume its ML and not MF. which doesnt matter to me, NEITHER should factor into key drops.
Reply Quote
[quote="67127274218"]though since i have heard of NO ONE that has NOT gotten a key drop on level 10, EVER, i would asssume its ML and not MF. which doesnt matter to me, NEITHER should factor into key drops.

I killed the act 3 keywarden on MP 10 once and the key didn't drop. (didn't have any NV stack though)
Reply Quote
I killed the keywarden in act 1 with 5 stacks on MP6 and found a key.
Reply Quote
i got both act 2 / 3 keys in 5 runs total, had 5 buffs at the time - MP7 / Act 3 & MP5 / Act 2
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Horus
[quote]
though since i have heard of NO ONE that has NOT gotten a key drop on level 10, EVER, i would asssume its ML and not MF. which doesnt matter to me, NEITHER should factor into key drops.

I killed the act 3 keywarden on MP 10 once and the key didn't drop. (didn't have any NV stack though)

hmm, first ive heard of that, must need NV5 for it to be guaranteed at 10, which is even more stupid, GRR.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Currently, both the keys and the demonic organ pieces (Vengeful Eye, Devil's Fang, and Writhing Spine) have higher chances to drop in higher MP levels, all the way up to 100% in MP10.

I don't want to weigh in on the current argument of whether or not drop chances should be affected by Monster Power level just yet. Obviously, we think it's a good idea and worth trying out, but if you feel differently, then I'd definitely like for you to continue discussing your thoughts on that topic. If you don't like it, tell us why. (Or, if you DO like it, be sure to weigh in too.)

You'll need five stacks of NV in order for the keys and the demonic organ pieces to drop.

We felt this was a reasonable requirement, otherwise players could simply farm the keys in a lower MP, then set their game to MP10 and farm bosses for guaranteed drops. With the five stack, players will at least need to be able to kill monsters in that MP level in order to benefit from the increased organ drop chance.
Reply Quote
I agree with the op, Blizzard said they wouldn't make us think that PM is more than optional.
Edited by Carlucio#1777 on 9/26/2012 12:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Carlucio
I agree with the op, Blizzard said the wouldn't make us think that PM is more than optional.

The problem is as Lil stated is that it would open up the possibility of farming keys on lower MP levels and setting it to 10 for uber bosses.

IMO the way it is now needs to stay.

The other option around curtailing players from doing the above is to set a MP level affix on the keys themselves so keys can be earned separately from each MP level. That way one could farm an infernal machine device for their desired level of MP.
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Emmortal
I agree with the op, Blizzard said the wouldn't make us think that PM is more than optional.

The problem is as Lil stated is that it would open up the possibility of farming keys on lower MP levels and setting it to 10 for uber bosses.

IMO the way it is now needs to stay.

The other option around curtailing players from doing the above is to set a MP level affix on the keys themselves so keys can be earned separately from each MP level. That way one could farm an infernal machine device for their desired level of MP.

Pm 0 is the intended difficulty, above this is optional, that's what they said and i don't like what they are doing, if a fully geared player wants to farm key on easy mode i don't see any problem, he would be playing in a difficulty Blizzard decided that is optimal to the game.
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Lylirra

Currently, both the keys and the demonic organ pieces (Vengeful Eye, Devil's Fang, and Writhing Spine) have higher chances to drop in higher MP levels, all the way up to 100% in MP10.

I don't want to weigh in on the current argument of whether or not drop chances should be affected by Monster Power level just yet. Obviously, we think it's a good idea and worth trying out, but if you feel differently, then I'd definitely like for you to continue discussing your thoughts on that topic. If you don't like it, tell us why. (Or, if you DO like it, be sure to weigh in too.)

You'll need five stacks of NV in order for the keys and the demonic organ pieces to drop.

We felt this was a reasonable requirement, otherwise players could simply farm the keys in a lower MP, then set their game to MP10 and farm bosses for guaranteed drops. With the five stack, players will at least need to be able to kill monsters in that MP level in order to benefit from the increased organ drop chance.

Are you saying that unless you have five stacks of NV keywardens will not ever drop keys? If you mean something else could you explain?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]