Diablo® III

KEY drops should NOT

What is the point of a more challenging area if it does not provide at least marginal benefit. Do you also not want to feel inferior to players with higher levels of gear when farming the same content?

i would more want for those who is higher to have increased chance for more keys to drop or something else.

I don't... um... hrm... what is it you think happens when you enter MP10?
Reply Quote
yes u need 5 stack to get the key u can get the keys from level 6 with 5 stack too i tested it 100% drop key on level 6 power but u need to get 5 stack.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Google337-1271/hero/1822835

and yes WW barb is still good to use..make sure u get an axe to do the dps if u want to play lvl 6+

How many times did you test? It sounds there should be a <100% chance to get a key until MP10. Perhaps 10% at MP1, 20% at MP2, etc.

He's wrong. 2 out of 3 runs with mp6 and 5nv I got no key.
Reply Quote

This.

What is the point of a more challenging area if it does not provide at least marginal benefit. Do you also not want to feel inferior to players with higher levels of gear when farming the same content?

you want marginal, i could see if lets say its normally a 10% chance, then in MP10 get a benefit of it being a 20% chance to drop, the keys that is.

However, for all those complaining about wanting harder content, should be content just to have that option, with no BONUSES, otherwise the elite get more elitist, and everyone falls farther behind.
Reply Quote

i would more want for those who is higher to have increased chance for more keys to drop or something else.

... alot higher HP on mobs and more dmg... more mf because MP10, but instead of just letting those who can farm MP10 easily (with almost no deaths) get a 100 % chance at lvl 10 with 5 stacks instead make it so there is higher chance on higher difficulties to drop more...

dunno what you thinks happens at MP10 that should be anymore special than 5 (except for mf, hp on mobs, dmg on mobs and your own pride for completing the highest difficulty on Inferno) ? and also only make MP10 worth for 1 thing to farm... Farm the hellfire ring.
Reply Quote

A higher chance for a single key to drop, but he means a chance to get more than 1 key on higher mp levels.
Reply Quote
I actually like that is based off MP. More reward for it. I can only do mp 1 right nwo but i still think it is an amazing idea. I hope they keep it this way. Also i hope they stay non-tradeable. This way it well actually mean something to own a ring instead of just being a RMAH fix.
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Lylirra
I don't want to weigh in on the current argument of whether or not drop chances should be affected by Monster Power level just yet. Obviously, we think it's a good idea and worth trying out, but if you feel differently, then I'd definitely like for you to continue discussing your thoughts on that topic. If you don't like it, tell us why. (Or, if you DO like it, be sure to weigh in too.)

I'll weigh in, it should. These are requirements for ubers we're talking about here, please don't dumb this down it's literally the only end game content we have. Those who put on higher Mplvl's should be rewarded with a higher chance of key drops or they'd simply just go on lower levels like you pointed out here.

You'll need five stacks of NV in order for the keys and the demonic organ pieces to drop.

We felt this was a reasonable requirement, otherwise players could simply farm the keys in a lower MP, then set their game to MP10 and farm bosses for guaranteed drops
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 9/26/2012 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 01:40 PMPosted by Koonra
This way it well actually mean something to own a ring instead of just being a RMAH fix.

It will only mean you had enough friends that wanted to farm it with you as doing it on MP10 solo is, well not effective in any way, so you would simply have to spend a lot more time relying on luck in lower levels.

Not to mention that the rolls on the actual ring craft still is subject to same random as any other craft, so owning a good one at the end of the day comes down to luck more than anything.
Reply Quote

you want marginal, i could see if lets say its normally a 10% chance, then in MP10 get a benefit of it being a 20% chance to drop, the keys that is.

However, for all those complaining about wanting harder content, should be content just to have that option, with no BONUSES, otherwise the elite get more elitist, and everyone falls farther behind.

If they wanted it to be harder, they could just take off half their gear. The point is to make it harder and to provide a reason to do the harder content. It doesn't have to be a big difference. Why not make MP10 100%? It's not like you can abuse it. The ring is BoA, so the best they can do is get themselves one good piece faster than you.
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 01:45 PMPosted by MasterJay
I don't want to weigh in on the current argument of whether or not drop chances should be affected by Monster Power level just yet. Obviously, we think it's a good idea and worth trying out, but if you feel differently, then I'd definitely like for you to continue discussing your thoughts on that topic. If you don't like it, tell us why. (Or, if you DO like it, be sure to weigh in too.)

I'll weigh in, it should. These are requirements for ubers we're talking about here, please don't dumb this down it's literally the only end game content we have. Those who put on higher Mplvl's should be rewarded with a higher chance of key drops or they'd simply just go on lower levels like you pointed out here.

You'll need five stacks of NV in order for the keys and the demonic organ pieces to drop.

We felt this was a reasonable requirement, otherwise players could simply farm the keys in a lower MP, then set their game to MP10 and farm bosses for guaranteed drops

I'd go so far as to say that even allowing people to fight ubers below a certain mp takes away from the challenge of it. I wouldn't have minded if the actual uber fights needed to be done on mp 10 and so what if 99% of players can't do it? This whole mp increasing the chance to get the godly drop makes me uneasy: Oh, you aren't quite geared enough to fight them? Well then just run it ten times instead and get the same reward.
Reply Quote
Currently, it looks like mp10 is WW barb heaven. Having the keys 100% drop on mp10 gives those people a huge advantage over every other class.

The company said they don't want mp10 feel like something you have to do, however, it gives a big advantage on one of a big new systems coming in the next patch, making it feel mandatory.

People rather struggle on the hardest challenge if stuff is guaranteed rather than have to something 50 times in order to have the same drops.

Mp10 should purely be for challenge, the mf and gf should be enough.

Tl:Dr; Key drop rates affected by MP makes MP 10 feel mandatory.
Reply Quote
Currently, it looks like mp10 is WW barb heaven. Having the keys 100% drop on mp10 gives those people a huge advantage over every other class.

The company said they don't want mp10 feel like something you have to do, however, it gives a big advantage on one of a big new systems coming in the next patch, making it feel mandatory.

People rather struggle on the hardest challenge if stuff is guaranteed rather than have to something 50 times in order to have the same drops.

this is the point :P

(i am ww-barb yes... but not that godly geared to farm so high, but will do it if this drop chance doesn't chance)
Edited by HURRICANE#2539 on 9/26/2012 2:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote

If they wanted it to be harder, they could just take off half their gear. The point is to make it harder and to provide a reason to do the harder content. It doesn't have to be a big difference. Why not make MP10 100%? It's not like you can abuse it. The ring is BoA, so the best they can do is get themselves one good piece faster than you.

ah yes, another battle im trying to fight, the whole BOA standard in a TRADING Economy game.

ALso, No they can do alot mroe than just get 1 more good piece of equip, they can gear there entire account, and help all there buddies get theres. Then the next BIG pay to do thing will be people charging to do their UBERS. So they will get their rings, help their friends, then charge to help everyone else, and in the process get more free rings to roll, all while they are getting more rich and distance themselves from everyone else.
Reply Quote

I don't understand this attitude. Drop rates would be fine if max was 20% but since max is 100% but you might only be able to play at 10% or 20%, then it's unfair? What do I care if someone gets the ring in 1/10 the time I do?
Reply Quote

key drops affected doesn't. because you're talking about relatively quick runs - if mp lvl 5 gives a 50% drop rate but you can do twice as many runs, it's the same. The notion that you need to set the mp lvl as high as you can stomach and kill them in 30 minutes with 5 NV in order to get a decent chance of actually getting a reward makes mp lvl 10 for the actual boss fight feel mandatory. You've already put in significant time just to get to fight the uber, and if you're not at mp lvl 10, you may not even get anything for it. If mp lvl 10 is going to be 'mandatory' for the uber fights then drop the NV requirement at least so that people who work hard to get there and spend an hour fighting the uber and down it successfully don't get nothing because 'oops NV stacks are gone'.
Reply Quote
Just make the Organs 100% drop no matter the MP level

Have a 10% increase per MPlvl to allow the keys to drop + 5 NV stacks

I also agree with MasterJay and Ztking

~Regards
A Rampant AI~
Reply Quote
Is there a full breakdown somewhere of the process of getting the ring? I haven't seen anything comprehensive.

Edit: Nevermind. Found this:
http://www.diablofans.com/news/1361-the-full-guide-to-obtaining-the-infernal-machine-important-information-on-monster-powers-blizzard-talks-ww-barbs-blizzard-on-energy-twister/
Edited by ztking#1754 on 9/26/2012 2:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just make the Organs 100% drop no matter the MP level

Have a 10% increase per MPlvl to allow the keys to drop + 5 NV stacks

I also agree with MasterJay and Ztking

~Regards
A Rampant AI~

This sounds reasonable
Reply Quote
going by most people in this thread's suggested changes, we will all have a hellfire ring within a week of the patch dropping.

Make the organs 100% drop, take away the mp scaling of difficulty for the uber bosses and then make them REALLY HARD.
Reply Quote

I don't understand this attitude. Drop rates would be fine if max was 20% but since max is 100% but you might only be able to play at 10% or 20%, then it's unfair? What do I care if someone gets the ring in 1/10 the time I do?

I for my part don't care either. The only thing I hate about all this uber stuff is, keys drop with a CHANCE and require 5 stacks, organs drop with a CHANCE and then there are 4 random properties on that damn ring. That means I will have a chance to get a chance to craft a ring with a small chance not to be total crap.
I don't mind randomness in a game like Diablo because this game has always been about randomness, but the only randomness you find in this game is in random properties on legendaries instead of environment (outdoor always looks the same) or events like promised.
The ring in a whole is just way too random and considering the 4 random properties, the keys should drop at a fixed (not 100%) droprate on all MP levels and independent from NV, organs should drop for 100%, but let the ubers drop other stuff aswell so that mf bonus from higher monster power levels has an effect, and let them drop a LOT of items, not just like any other ordinary boss or pack.
Edited by Efrye#2102 on 9/26/2012 2:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]