Diablo® III

Monster Force Clarification

Ok.. so I'm not sure I'm clear whether monster power is multiplayer games or solo games only? I do hope it's multiplayer or it will certainly affect the cooperative play that Blizzard has been striving for.
Reply Quote
I would safely assume that it works with multiplayer. I don't see any reason to believe otherwise.
Reply Quote
I would love to assume too but assuming often only proves to make an !@# out of U and ME.. A blue post or a reference to a note somewhere confirming this would be definitely appreciated!
Reply Quote
So.. is this a MULTIPLAYER mechanic or not!?? I wish Blizzard would post a FAQ regarding Monster Power...
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Monster Power will be available for multiplayer games. If you join a multiplayer game, you will adopt the Monster Level of the party leader. When you leave the party, your Monster Power level will automatically revert back to your previous setting.

Here's some additional info about Monster Power too:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6678857882 (how to enable MP)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712831240#5 (be sure to click through all the blue posts)
Reply Quote
hopefully this 1.05 comes out soon cause ive been waiting and just don wanna play to test cause you dont get to keep anyything XP,gold etc so whats in it for the testers?
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 10:07 AMPosted by xCLASSIFIEDx
hopefully this 1.05 comes out soon cause ive been waiting and just don wanna play to test cause you dont get to keep anyything XP,gold etc so whats in it for the testers?

You get first dibs on the patch before others? I remember from a few threads earlier that some people can't access PTR.

Also, you can prepare to re-gear yourself, if you so need to. I think having the privilege of testing the patch before hitting live is already rewarding enough.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
so whats in it for the testers?

Our eternal gratitude. And cookies (but you have to provide the cookies yourself).
Reply Quote
Monster Power will be available for multiplayer games. If you join a multiplayer game, you will adopt the Monster Level of the party leader. When you leave the party, your Monster Power level will automatically revert back to your previous setting.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712831240#5 (be sure to click through all the blue posts)

this seems like a bad idea for public games... so if I'm on MP1 and I queue for a public game I can randomly be stuck in a MP10 game?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/27/2012 10:10 AMPosted by MajorPain
What about the PVP?

PvP is still currently scheduled for 1.1.0.
Reply Quote
monster power is optional, you have to turn it on in options to even use it so... it runs like any other gameplay, you choose your setting and play. solo or group

How to combat getting stuck in public games with wrong MP level: make friends
Edited by Raycist#1441 on 9/27/2012 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Will public MP with monster power be enabled during the testing?

Currently open game to public is greyed out.
Reply Quote
gold etc so whats in it for the testers?

Tester feedback is given to the developers to help shape and mold 1.0.5 into a better and more complete patch. Helps us all.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 10:11 AMPosted by illundreal
so if I'm on MP1 and I queue for a public game I can randomly be stuck in a MP10 game?

This, please address Mr. or Mrs. Blues!
Edited by Zapados#1900 on 9/27/2012 10:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
so in other words, monster power increases your xp, and MF/GF

so when i get to paragon 100 (at 22 now) ill have either 300%MF so 300% chance of finding bad rares, or with monster power, more of a % chance of finding bad rares...

not sure what the point is except added difficulty. its all an extra % chance of finding bad loot..
Reply Quote
this seems like a bad idea for public games... so if I'm on MP1 and I queue for a public game I can randomly be stuck in a MP10 game?

yeah. This is as well something which I have some concerns about.

But I hope people will be wise enough to se MP level low enough that most people can play it. I mean who in the hell would set it to MP10 when he barely can play 7 or so. Just saying.

Though I hope you will have a chance to see the MP level once you are in the game and not when you encouter the first enemy and realize they hit 50% harder then normal ... nothing would frustrate me more.

I think something that would be awesome is a "filter" option. Why not? Think about it. You set the filter to a max of "4", and it will only search for thoes games starting with the lowest or highest MP level (depending on what you set for the filter). This would solve a HELL LOT of issues with it.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 9/27/2012 10:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You seem to enjoy the mandingo weenies a bit much,

I am not looking forward to being put into games with people who try and take a level of MP that their gear is simply not able to handle.

Perhaps if you throw me some decent items once and while, this would be easier to cope with. All day grinding with 300+ mf and only finding massive amounts of doo doo puss drops.

I find more crap on the drop system then I do in a porter-potty

REWARD THE PLAYERS WHO GRIND ALL DAY AND SKIP STUDYING FOR MIDTERMS TO PLAY YOUR GAME!!!! WHY AM I FINDING LVL 52's STILL ON ACT 3 INFERNO WITH OVER 300+ MF

Doing runs is more repetitive than ever with the same consistency in drops.

Blizzard, your denting your replay value
Edited by McMeaties#1268 on 9/27/2012 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You seem to enjoy the mandingo weenies a bit much,

I am not looking forward to being put into games with people who try and take a level of MP that their gear is simply not able to handle.

Perhaps if you throw me some decent items once and while, this would be easier to cope with. All day grinding with 300+ mf and only finding massive amounts of doo doo puss drops.

I find more crap on the drop system then I do in a porter-potty

REWARD THE PLAYERS WHO GRIND ALL DAY AND SKIP STUDYING FOR MIDTERMS TO PLAY YOUR GAME!!!! WHY AM I FINDING LVL 52's STILL ON ACT 3 INFERNO WITH OVER 300+ MF

Doing runs is more repetitive than ever with the same consistency in drops.

Blizzard, your denting your replay value

Players who grind all day should get a LIFE and a JOB!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]