Diablo® III

Monster Force Clarification

09/27/2012 10:43 AMPosted by VLADIMIR
REWARD THE PLAYERS WHO GRIND ALL DAY AND SKIP STUDYING FOR MIDTERMS TO PLAY YOUR GAME!!!! WHY AM I FINDING LVL 52's STILL ON ACT 3 INFERNO WITH OVER 300+ MF

ilvl 58+ only in patch 1.05, if you stop skipping midterms your reading comprehension might improve.
Reply Quote
Monster Power will be available for multiplayer games. If you join a multiplayer game, you will adopt the Monster Level of the party leader. When you leave the party, your Monster Power level will automatically revert back to your previous setting.

Here's some additional info about Monster Power too:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6678857882 (how to enable MP)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712831240#5 (be sure to click through all the blue posts)

When joining a public game will I be able to limit the games I can join to a range of MP levels? I would not want to join a Act 1 game with MP0 set.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Merlin
REWARD THE PLAYERS WHO GRIND ALL DAY AND SKIP STUDYING FOR MIDTERMS TO PLAY YOUR GAME!!!! WHY AM I FINDING LVL 52's STILL ON ACT 3 INFERNO WITH OVER 300+ MF

ilvl 58+ only in patch 1.05, if you stop skipping midterms your reading comprehension might improve.

Also MF doesn't effect iLvl only it's magical properties.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Lylirra
Monster Power will be available for multiplayer games. If you join a multiplayer game, you will adopt the Monster Level of the party leader. When you leave the party, your Monster Power level will automatically revert back to your previous setting.

You addressed "Multiplayer Games" previously (thank you for this information).

However does "Multiplayer Games" include the Public Games? Or when you say "Multiplayer Games" do you only mean invite-only games?
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Lylirra

Is there a way to know the MP setting in co-op games before joining? It wouldn't be nice to, unwittingly, join an MP10 game and get killed over and over, or have to leave and join another game.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Lylirra
so whats in it for the testers?

Our eternal gratitude. And cookies (but you have to provide the cookies yourself).

now THAT is a true TRUE blizzard response when it comes to Diablo 3

"You will do the hard work for us, so we can find out whats fun BEFORE we release it, so we can nerf it before hand, and in return you will know we are laughing at...I mean we are grateful you helped! Also, we had cookies for you but we seemed to have misplaced them. SO if you could kindly bring some to share with everyone we would be grateful yet again."
Reply Quote
So, can we switch back and forth between mp settings.. ye know. we re-gear and progress through the game. So, our relative power can fluctuate drastically. For example; my wizard right now can barely deal with elites in inferno. She can get to butcher, but this has a cost in deaths that holds me back in the earlier parts of the act. Now when she gets a little more damage upgrades to her dreadfully repetitive and so freaking boring gear that i lose my appetite for food when I think about it.
So, do I get to adjust my MP setting as I go. Or is my character going to be stuck with what she can survive now forever?
My monk I believe right now can do well with the top setting in act 1 and probably somewhere in the middle of default and max for act 2 and pretty much on or two setting up from default in act 3. This will change for her also. She will get stronger.

no offense sir, but your gear is not the greatest (nor is mine) and your skill set does not seem to be all there.... I can run act 3 solo by myself from beginning to end with no issues. If you want to do runs, just hit me up.

theres no flow to your skills, no synergy between them. They are all scattered and ones you think will be useful. Then to top it off your using glass cannon lol so of course your going to get owned/ see alot of deaths :P
Reply Quote
also, your forgetting that this game FORCES you to have a BAD !@# weapon or your skills are $%^-. SO your real problem is your weapon blows lol and since your weapon blows, your skills will be *!@# piss no matter how good your gear is ^_<

thats a HUGE flaw in this game, Swap out that 600 dps weapon replace it with a 1k+ weapon and see how much damage you get now.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/27/2012 10:11 AMPosted by illundreal
this seems like a bad idea for public games... so if I'm on MP1 and I queue for a public game I can randomly be stuck in a MP10 game?

It doesn't work for Public Games. If Monster Power is on, you cannot make your game public. Similarly, when making a public game, Monster Power is disabled.

As you've noted, there are a few issues with allowing MP in Public Games:
  • In general, harder content tends to be less enjoyable with random strangers.*
  • It would make matchmaking more difficult by increasing the number of matchmaking pools (one new pool for each MP level). In turn, that could increase wait times.
  • Issues associated with "leeching" or similar behavior could be exacerbated, especially if under-geared players chose extremely high Monster Power levels for the games they wanted to be matched into.

Although we love and support co-op, since Monster Power is a new system, we didn't want to open it up to Public Games just yet. We're definitely open to revisiting that idea down the road, though.

*Your mileage may vary.
Edited by Lylirra on 9/27/2012 11:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
awesome, cuz I was looking at it wondering what the hell lol yea switch it if you want, or I can just hop on and you can show me there :P Gorthax#1382 add me if you want to do runs later :D I will show you how my build works ^_<
Reply Quote

It doesn't work for Public Games. If Monster Power is on, you cannot make your game public. Similarly, when making a public game, Monster Power is disabled.

• It would make matchmaking more difficult by increasing the number of matchmaking pools (one new pool for each MP level). In turn, that could increase wait times.
  • Issues associated with "leeching" or similar behavior could be exacerbated, especially if under-geared players chose extremely high Monster Power levels for the games they wanted to be matched into.

Although we love and support co-op, since Monster Power is a new system, we didn't want to open it up to Public Games just. We're definitely open to revisiting that idea down the road, though.

*Your mileage may vary.

I agree with you that public games of monster power would not be feasible. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to get a team of 3 other friends going and play MP10 in a private game.
Reply Quote

Although we love and support co-op, since Monster Power is a new system, we didn't want to open it up to Public Games just. We're definitely open to revisiting that idea down the road, though.

*Your mileage may vary.

I agree with you that public games of monster power would not be feasible. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to get a team of 3 other friends going and play MP10 in a private game.

And thus "looking for team" channel became useful.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Christophe
set the mp to be relative to the player. if you are mp 10 and the other guy is mp 0 the mp 0 guy smashes all and the mp 10 has hard times. but since the rewards are relative the perks are relative. then don't use xp bonus' in multi, instead, us the current xp distro. if a player is below default then the ytake the penalty across all types of games.

You want monster HP to change based on who is hitting it? Seriously???
Reply Quote

In general, harder content tends to be less enjoyable with random strangers.*
It would make matchmaking more difficult by increasing the number of matchmaking pools (one new pool for each MP level). In turn, that could increase wait times.
Issues associated with "leeching" or similar behavior could be exacerbated, especially if under-geared players chose extremely high Monster Power levels for the games they wanted to be matched into.

Although we love and support co-op, since Monster Power is a new system, we didn't want to open it up to Public Games just yet. We're definitely open to revisiting that idea down the road, though.

*Your mileage may vary.

Please at least make a temporary solution such as having only 3 public MP setting, MP2, MP6, MP10 before the Devs can come up with a better format. And don't worry about undergear players try to join mp10 games, we can always kick them out but please also, fix the "kick" command.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]