Diablo® III

"View All Posts" Option Still Available

My profile's view all posts is now on the top of page 13 of the official "View all posts" thread.

Got it.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 11:29 AMPosted by Vronak
Much more inconvenient to find your own posts this way.

Agreed. I don't know why Blizzard pretends that this isn't an oversight from when they added online profiles.

It would be better if they just fixed the problem instead of pretending it's working as intended while posting a workaround. A workaround that requires you to find one of your own posts before you can find one of your own posts.

It's as bad as the method for transferring existing characters over to the Public Test Realm. "First, create a new character then delete it and the option to import character will become available." It's such a half-assed approach that it makes me actually pity Blizzard's Community Managers who have to do damage control.

Technical departments usually go through "restructuring" after this many screw ups.

-JJ
Reply Quote
this sums up Blizzards attitude... If it aint broke, Fix it!
Reply Quote
I suppose I will post here so I can use this sticky to access my post to access my posts....
Reply Quote
It would be better if they just fixed the problem instead of pretending it's working as intended while posting a workaround. A workaround that requires you to find one of your own posts before you can find one of your own posts.

-JJ

As I pointed out you can scroll to the bottom of any thread and look at the quick reply box, you can access your View Posts link via your character portrait there without ever having to attempt to make a post.

This doesn't change the fact that this is less convenient then what it was though.
Reply Quote
So, in a fast-moving, online community where trolling and off-topic posts are discouraged (if generally allowed,) Blizzard decided the quickest way for us to view our old posts was to MAKE a meaningless post?

WTF? Really, this seems like a small deal, to some, but I really hope whoever decided moving an option like this from the top of the page to the bottom of a thread (or if you post) isn't in charge of anything serious. Obviously bad ideas this %^&*ing stupid are not good PR right now, Blizzard.

FIX IT.
Reply Quote
Well so after a half year in open beta, your game still sucks. Thank you Blizzard, thanks for trying.
Reply Quote
TROLL,
TROLL,
TROLLED !!
Reply Quote
test
Reply Quote
Just checking out my posts.
Reply Quote
can we get a blue to tell us why this happened maybe ?

there has to be logic behind this move, please share it.
Reply Quote
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Edited by FrozenTS#2718 on 10/9/2012 7:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote

-JJ

As I pointed out you can scroll to the bottom of any thread and look at the quick reply box, you can access your View Posts link via your character portrait there without ever having to attempt to make a post.

This doesn't change the fact that this is less convenient then what it was though.

Good one. That's the kind of thing that I would stare at all day without seeing it. Still a hassle, but much easier than bookmarking an old post.

Thanks,
JJ
Reply Quote
Responding with a useless response so I can go back and view my posts.

...who the hell is in charge of programming decisions at this company? Why in the world would you make this a thread-only feature rather than leaving it where it was?

Only a company that takes its customers for granted would make anti-friendly features. Blizz, forgetting about your bottom line yet?
Reply Quote
Responding with a useless response so I can go back and view my posts.

...who the hell is in charge of programming decisions at this company? Why in the world would you make this a thread-only feature rather than leaving it where it was?

Only a company that takes its customers for granted would make anti-friendly features. Blizz, forgetting about your bottom line yet?

Another option I found is to search the forum for your user name then sort by date (this is all the "View my posts" button is doing apparently) . Unfortunately, you must remember to include your unique identifier since the search function seems to be unable to search for parts of words.

-JJ

P.S. You can also sign your posts (ex. "-JJ") and search for that.
Reply Quote
If you've been looking for the "View All Posts" option but can't find it, don't panic -- the feature is still available, just in a different location.

To view your posts, click on the down arrow next to your name in a thread and then on the "View Posts" icon that appears in the fly-out menu. The icon is represented by a small piece of paper and magnifying glass, and is located in between the "View Profile" and "Ignore" options.

Why was it moved? Put it back where it belongs.
Reply Quote
Did you fix this yet?
Reply Quote
test
Reply Quote
  • Put it back where it was
  • Apologize
  • Don't unpin this thread, delete it!

It's insane that this thread is still going on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]