Diablo® III

MONSTER Bears Builds (PTR+Stream Online***)

Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#PfQTUd!aTY!acbZZZ
Stream: own3d.tv/Monster12 (Feel free to come by and ask any questions)

Video is up for current PTR1.05 patch, Dying, Garg Dying, Kiting, Fancy Footwork. Oh so much fun!

All done on MP10 with current gear stats:

75k Health
800 All Resist
88K DPS
+44% Bonus DMG TO Elites
~400 LoH
~3.00% Lifesteal
~1600 Life Per Second

Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aUdfQT!ahc!bcZcbZ

http://www.own3d.tv/Monster12/video/837334

My previous topic reached its limit so I am remaking the thread for any more questions/input and going to be updating this thread with several alternative builds for certain monster power levels come patch 1.05.

Updates will be:
1- optimal 'farming' builds (For farming lower levels fast and efficiently)
2- optimal 'progression' build (For 'farming' higher levels)
2- alternative options for several moves

all builds will still contain Zombie Bears as the primary mana dump, as long as there are no major game-changes to our abilities come patch 1.05

------------------- old post (will be up dated soon)-------------------------------------------------

This build is focused around High DPS Output, High Mitigation, and High Burst DMG through precise use of chosen skills and passives. Gearing for this build is also very easy (to find the items) no critical strike, ias, or critical strike damage is required. Let me just say this is the faceroll build of all faceroll builds, if you dont believe me then check our my stream/videos. With only 38K Paper Doll DPS, I am able to kill elites in under 10 seconds, and Azmodan in 17 seconds.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Key stats: Intelligence, Vitality, All Resistance, Pickup Radius, Health from Health Globes (Minor)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skills

Zombie Charger: Zombie Bears (Rune)
Primary damaging ability, position is key here and knowing when to spam and not when to spam Zombie Bears, the highest DMG output skill we have imo. For tips/examples check out the videos on my stream of my A3 farming videos.

Gargantuan: Restless Giant (Rune)
We chose Gargantuan as our primary tank/dmg absorber, Restless Giant (Rune) is taken for its burst DMG potential, with the way this build gears our Gargantuan never dies due to our high Vitality and Resistances, therefore we can use the Summon Gargantuan skill on elite packs/Boss Fights. The Gargantuan will resummon and instantly enrage, sometimes you can get 30 seconds of straight Enrage on your Gargantuan if you time it correctly.

Spirit Walk: Honored Guest (Rune)
Spirit Walk is basically our "oh !@#$" button, when caught out of position use it to escape, or use it offensively to spirit walk into large groups and zombie bear to clear (examples on my stream). We use Honored Guest rune for more mana regen since our primary is a high mana cost spell.

Soul Harvest: Vengeful Spirit (Rune)
HUGE DMG buff from Soul Harvest is too much to give up. Miainly used as a DMG buff, in conjunction with Gruesome feast I personally raise to 60k+ DPS and 4800+ INT with 1200-1300 All resists fully stacked. Any rune can be chosen here as well, as it is primarily used for the buff and not the rune utility.

Big Bad Voodoo: Slam Dance (Rune)
30% DMG Increase for Elite Packs+Bosses

Fetish Army: Fetish Ambush (Rune)
Each fetish does 250% Weapon dmg to surrounded enemies as it is summoned. HUGE burst DPS.

Passives

Jungle Fortitude: 20% DMG reduction, our best passive, the more you dont have to worry about dying, the easier it is. The longer you stay alive the more you can DPS, and the more DMG you can take the more you can focus on doing DMG than surviving.

Grave Injustice: Lowers cooldowns for Slam Dance and Paranoia for maximum DPS on all elite packs and bosses. Lowers cooldown on Spirit Walk for Maximum Mana regeneration

Gruesome Feast: Gain 10% INT, and 10% Mana per health globe. This is a HUGE DPS buff, as the build does not require crit/crit dmg/ias, you can focus on HIGH INT items. This passive scales based on % so in conjunction with Soul Harvest+Gruesome Feast you are looking at doubling your base INT while fighting. The extra 10% Mana from globes also allows you to SPAM zombie bears much like before before the Vision Quest nerf.

Notes: We chose not to use PTV due to its increased mana cost of spells and lackluster DMG increase (in comparison to the mana cost increase). You do MORE DMG spamming for longer without PTV. Trust me.

Gearing

Gearing for this build is pretty easy, the only needed stats are Gold/Health Globe Pickup Radius (I would suggest 15+ Yards). The focus on gear is high INT/VIT/ALL RESISTANCE. Since our build primarily gains buffs and the majority of our DMG from Soul Harvest+Gruesome Feast, IAS/CRIT/CHD is not needed to have EXTREMELY HIGH DMG output (Although your screen will show sub 40k DPS, your actual DMG output will be far greater). Key legendaries to this build are Visage of Giyua(1.04) for the nice high INT and Resists+Socket, and Thing of the Deep(1.04) for the high DPS stats and ***20 Yard Pickup Radius***.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 10/10/2012 9:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Current builds in preparation for patch 1.05

Take not that there are no given power levels reccomended for each build, "Low level", "Mid Level", and "High level" are all based on your own personal gear and stats. One player may be able to kill power level 5 monsters in under 1m, but another player may take longer to do so.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Low level farming (Power levels where you can kill elites in under 1m)

The original build will work, see first post for build and information

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mid level farming (Power levels where you can kill elites in 1-2m)

Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#afQTUd!aTY!ZcbaZZ

Skills: (Explanation)

Poison Dart (Numbing Dart) [or any primary you like]: Replaces Fetish Army/Fetish Ambush, with the inability to burst elites down in under 5 seconds using the huge AOE DMG from Fetish Army/Fetish Ambush it will become inferior as a skill choice. You replace it with a primary to spam if/when you have those few seconds of no mana to cast Zombie Bears, or chasing mobs. I personally would chose Poison Dart (Numbing Dart) for the 60% slow utility.

Zombie Charger (Zombie Bears): Base skill of the build

Big Bad Voodoo (Slam Dance): Still viable due to the long duration of the buff, as well as it is a % increase based off your personal stats, 30% increased dmg, 20% attack speed and movement speed for 20 seconds.

Gargantuan (Humongoid): Due to the longer elite fights, and not being able to technically 'one shot' the trash mobs in the mid level farming area, using the Gargantuan with the Humongoid rune (130% Cleave Damage), speeds up trash clearing.

Spirit Walk (Honored Guest): Mana Regen, we dont need Jaunt because we build tanky, nor do we need any of the other runes.

Soul Harvest (Siphon): We replace Vengeful Spirit with Siphon due to not being able to 'one shot' trash mobs, Vengeful Spirit becomes inferior.

Passives

Jungle Fortitude: 15% DMG Reduction
Grave Injustice
Gruesome Feast

Gear: Gear is the same as for farming lower levels, your sustain will still be health globes, and we will still rely on Grave Injustice+Gruesome Feast for DMG increase and healing.

High level farming (Anything that takes longer than 2m to kill elites)

Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#afYTUd!abc!ZcbZZZ

Skills: (Explanation)

Poison Dart (Numbing Dart) [or any primary you like]: Replaces Fetish Army/Fetish Ambush, with the inability to burst elites down in under 5 seconds using the huge AOE DMG from Fetish Army/Fetish Ambush it will become inferior as a skill choice. You replace it with a primary to spam if/when you have those few seconds of no mana to cast Zombie Bears, or chasing mobs. I personally would chose Poison Dart (Numbing Dart) for the 60% slow utility.

Zombie Charger (Zombie Bears): Base skill of the build

Summon Zombie Dogs (Life Link): Used mainly for the 10% DMG Reduction

Gargantuan (Restless Giant): Will be used 2x or more during one elite fight

Spirit Walk (Healing Journey): Killing elites will take some time whether you run out of mana or not, we are using Zombie Bears so we WILL run out of mana no matter what, but we have replaced our Burst DMG moves with a Primary so we have that to spam for a few seconds while we regen.

Soul Harvest (Siphon): We replace Vengeful Spirit with Siphon due to not being able to 'one shot' trash mobs, Vengeful Spirit becomes inferior.

Passives

Jungle Fortitude: 15% DMG Reduction

Blood Ritual: Blood Ritual is a VERY strong passive for our build gear-wise. It gives 1% Health back based on our current Health Pool. For reference, I currently have 952 Life Per Second w/out Blood Ritual. With a 93,095 Health Pool, I bump up to 1882 Life Per Second.

Spiritual Attunement (Can be swapped out for a different passive): 1% Mana per second, useful as a Passive, but not a gamechanger, just my personal preference.

Gear: The gear for this build does not require Pick Up Radius, with the way we build our gear (high mitigation, high health), our sustain switches from health globes and pickup radius -> life per second. We want to start picking up pieces with some life per second to work in conjunction with the blood ritual passive. We do NOT need LoH or Lifesteal, BUT it can be helpful depending on which Primary you chose.

Final Notes: I've been asked a lot on what my opinion of the Zunimassa 4pc is so I'm going to answer that question here. The 4pc Zunimassa set is good but not a game changer, it is only good going after it IF you are able to afford the pieces without gimping your stats (at LEAST 3/4 of the pieces must contain int/vit/ar). When you start sacrificing stats to switch to the Zuni 4set is when you fall behind and just spend more money than it is worth. This leads to the bonuses being 'wasted' (ie: 2set bonus +130 int just making up for the int you lost, 3set 55AR just making up for the AR you lost).

Good Zuni pieces that are actually a gain in overall stats range anywhere from 50m and up. I do not reccomend buying low end or mediocre Zuni pieces. You are just wasting money because you would have been able to buy rares that give more stats, and save you 10s of millions of gold.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 9/28/2012 2:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
------placeholder-------
Reply Quote
bump, updated 2nd post for some builds that people can try on the PTR.
Reply Quote
wheres' the videos at?
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 02:38 AMPosted by Supamanjon
wheres' the videos at?

old videos gone, i just livestream now at own3d.tv/Monster12

not sure if I can record videos here yet because I just started, not familiar with the interface and such.
Reply Quote
after our conversation last night about the Zuni boots damage bonus and sustained (i.e. non-crit-based) high DPS, i made a couple more changes. now sporting 63k dps and 54k hits but still looking for more changes to make. going to start looking for more vit items but gotta wait for patch before upgrading jewelry in particular. at 63k dps i'm good with damage for a while, now just gotta ^ survivability.

i am having trouble getting used to the --extremely-- reduced cast speed now that im using this hammer instead of my ceremonial knife :(
Reply Quote
still waiting a couple days til im allowed to copy my upgraded WD over again (only can copy to PTR once a week).

but currently streaming my new build for when 1.05 hits.
Reply Quote
Currently streaming and playing on the PTR. If anyone wants to come by and check it out or suggest builds to try / have discussion about the PTR feel free to stop by.

own3d.tv/Monster12
Reply Quote
I fully blame you for getting the song 'Beat Drop' stuck in my head. Thanks
Reply Quote
So im just making a wd and plan on spending 40m on it. so this build is viable for next patch? i mean gear wise and everything? still good to have a totd?
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Blue
I fully blame you for getting the song 'Beat Drop' stuck in my head. Thanks

I introduced Twelveday to that song.

<--Sanctjud :D
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Reasoning
So im just making a wd and plan on spending 40m on it. so this build is viable for next patch? i mean gear wise and everything? still good to have a totd?

it will still be good to have a totd no matter what, the stats on it are good regardless of pickup radius being there or not. The original 'Farming' build with gruesome feast+grave injustice wont be viable past power level 8 (at least with my gear).

Past power level 8 you need much higher DPS to 'burst' down elites and trash packs, and you cannot get to that level of DPS without going glass cannon therefore making the build 'unviable' solo, although it will still work in groups (if everyone is equal DPS or higher level), due to the fact that increases arent 100% per player in game, it just gets easier the more people are in your party (if you are not carrying anyone).

I am able to still comfortably farm power level 5-8 atm with the original burst farming setup. At 9-10 the Health of the monsters just increases so much that there is no way to benefit from burning down monsters quick and we have to swap one of our skills to a primary, or our passives to more sustain dmg passives/mana regen.

You can still technically use the 'same gear', but I have yet to think of an all out gear setup/build that will be able to farm powerlevel 10 with no problems and no deaths. The ideal setup I have in mind atm though would be basically my gear, bumping up DPS to over 80k unbuffed by dropping some sustain. I survive EASILY in powerlevel 9-10, but the killing takes a long time, about 3-4minutes depending on elite affixes, sometimes longer.

I might be able to run jungle fortitude, 60-80k hp and 600-700AR and bump my DPS up to 80-100k unbuffed. I still wouldn't reccomend going FULL glass cannon though if you are aiming for powerlevel 10, the white trash mobs will just own you and your pets, and you will die constantly in elite fights because no matter what, the elite fights will take over 1min.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 9/28/2012 7:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
stream back up, answering questions and such, wont be farming for abotu 10-15 min but will bea round for Q's/tips/etc
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Sound,

Thanks for the new thoughts, particularly the reminder that items for bonus purposes only are wasteful ( deterred me from a thought in another post ) what are your thoughts on SB for a secondary damage source in lieu of darts ? Too close range ?

And damn I need to get away from MF on my gear sooner rather thn later..
Reply Quote
Sound,

Thanks for the new thoughts, particularly the reminder that items for bonus purposes only are wasteful ( deterred me from a thought in another post ) what are your thoughts on SB for a secondary damage source in lieu of darts ? Too close range ?

And damn I need to get away from MF on my gear sooner rather thn later..

i was thinking SB, but its still a high mana cost spell, 108 mana. we would have to pick up one of the lower cost ones, toads/darts/spiders/firebomb, etc. otherwise it would just be us using mana for something else instead of bears.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]