Diablo® III

MONSTER Bears Builds (PTR+Stream Online***)

Not to quibble but with the 20 second ( IIRC ) duration are the fights that long it equates in or is it a flexible secondary use of numb as well in your opinion?
Reply Quote
09/29/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Asmodeus
Not to quibble but with the 20 second ( IIRC ) duration are the fights that long it equates in or is it a flexible secondary use of numb as well in your opinion?

Im confused? Were you talking about Spirit Barrage - Manitou? I mean , If we cast manitou once, since it lasts 20 seconds, (1667% wpn dmg over 20 seconds is less than 100% dmg per second btw), it is just us casting SB once, we arent filling the 'dead time' while we wait for mana to come back to cast more Zombie Bears.

If anything, I have tested Fire Bomb (Pyrogeist - 640% wpn dmg over 6 seconds) and it does a much better job than Manitou, yet is still not a 'spammable' filler spell when we are oom (due to only being able to have one pyrogeist out at a time.

we could quite possibly replace mass confusion or zombie dogs with that spell, but we would still need a 'filler' attack while we wait for some mana.

Also i dont understand what you are asking in this post exactly, hopefully I answered correctly.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 9/29/2012 12:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
stream up,

doin 4x witchdoctor runs atm
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 9/29/2012 1:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Was asking manitou but you elaborated on both so I'm ok with it. Was thinking Pyro or Ghost Bomb if I went the firebomb route ( too mana intensive for a filler I totally agree ).
Reply Quote
09/29/2012 02:03 PMPosted by Asmodeus
Was asking manitou but you elaborated on both so I'm ok with it. Was thinking Pyro or Ghost Bomb if I went the firebomb route ( too mana intensive for a filler I totally agree ).

yeah it would have to be a direct dmg filler, firebomb ghost bomb would work i think, although i think the jumping firebomb would be more efficient esp on elite packs
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 9/29/2012 2:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
debo is bad
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Bought the 4 piece zuni set just to mess with it. My previous conclusion that it isnt really necessary to run normal Bear builds stands true.

One thing that I have found out though, with my -Mana cost on Zombie Bears (SOJ+String of Skulls), coupled with 15% reduced mana cost of Zombie Bears (Blood Ritual Passive), I am actually able to run PTV BEARS.

Currently streaming the PTV Bears build ATM if anyone is interested on seeing how the mana is.
Reply Quote
For the coming patch and elites taking more time to kill do you think locust swarm would be viable together with bears (for those of us that can't afford zuni's :))? There are some legendaries with +dmg% for locusts
Reply Quote
09/30/2012 05:04 AMPosted by Necropotence
For the coming patch and elites taking more time to kill do you think locust swarm would be viable together with bears (for those of us that can't afford zuni's :))? There are some legendaries with +dmg% for locusts

yeah locusts is what i was thinking of in replace of one of the burst spells. the fire locusts will be nice at higher power levels
Reply Quote
Hi sound!

Regarding your original build, how much Extra health globes is enough? or will i be ok without it?
Reply Quote
Hi sound!

Regarding your original build, how much Extra health globes is enough? or will i be ok without it?

youll be ok without it, it helps somewhat though but dont go out of your way looking for it.
Reply Quote
09/30/2012 01:20 PMPosted by McQueen
You offer some great advice for the WD some I well use in 1.05 but other than saying Debo is bad why do you feel this way I have viewed his Twitch account he seems to play his build well not for me but he likes it. Where you the one that got Banned from TwitchTV for trash talking him? Like I said I prefer your advice and thanks for the help. Anyone who plays WD gets a thumbs up from me. Your number 1 piece of advice is I am going to dump Pierce the veil thanks for the tip.

he is a bad WD giving bad advice to alot of players. debo is bad, whether he enjoys the way he plays or not, he acts like hes #1 and is nowhere close. I give advice and never claim to be #1 WD or anything like that, he does, and he came to my channel talking smack first cuz he was losing viewers to me lmao, i had no clue who he was til he started trying to e-intimidate me, ethug lol.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 9/30/2012 1:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/30/2012 01:55 PMPosted by McQueen
I agree he has fliped floped recently just wondered what happened. Thanks for helping your fellow WDs out just droped PTV not looking back :)

np, youll notice its much better without PTV.
Reply Quote
so on boots obviously walk speed is nice to have but is it worth the extra coin? I see nice pairs of boots with 100+ int/vit with 75+ AR going for reasonable prices. going to be on a mid range budget of 40 mil so wanna know where to spend money to get the most bang for my buck. obviously my gear won't be godly so would be nice to know what direction to go with items in terms of which I should splurge on and which ones I can get away with being tight on lol.
Reply Quote
09/30/2012 07:24 PMPosted by Reasoning
so on boots obviously walk speed is nice to have but is it worth the extra coin? I see nice pairs of boots with 100+ int/vit with 75+ AR going for reasonable prices. going to be on a mid range budget of 40 mil so wanna know where to spend money to get the most bang for my buck. obviously my gear won't be godly so would be nice to know what direction to go with items in terms of which I should splurge on and which ones I can get away with being tight on lol.

you dont really need the movespeed, it speeds things up yeah but its not necessary. Once you roll with 24% movespeed though theres no going back.

a tip if youre looking for rare boots, 100/100/70 with MS is always going to cost you alot, they are rare, you can try finding some 70/70/70 with MS and buy some low end Lacuni prowlers <5m. You can try it out that way without breaking the bank.

(i actually ran with 30int/30vit/70ar/12MS boots for the longest time), as our build doesnt require HUGE DPS numbers and mostly relies on our defenses to maximize our bear DMG, we can sacrifice stats like that. Try out some low end 80+AR Movespeed boots and perhaps some int/ar or int/vit cheap lacuni prowlers. You can also try out the neck if you are really budget (Flavor of Time) it cal roll decent stats, has 12% movespeed and good DPS stats.
Reply Quote
Yea, 24% moves speed is really nice, I had a Sledge of Askleten(sp) and boots to get that fast... but I had to drop the Sledge for 1H + ToTD, it's a noticeable difference.

I've been trying out substituting the fetishes for Horror + Run Speed or Hex + Angry Chicken for the movement buff, but so far I think I need to get a Lacuni and put back Ambush Fetish Army.

Though, I am working towards 4 piece Zuni... just cause.

Question: will the Radient Start Emerald for the weapon for 15-16m be worth it... cause that's kinda how much I have at the moment... enough to postpone saving for more Zuni sets?
Reply Quote
Yea, 24% moves speed is really nice, I had a Sledge of Askleten(sp) and boots to get that fast... but I had to drop the Sledge for 1H + ToTD, it's a noticeable difference.

I've been trying out substituting the fetishes for Horror + Run Speed or Hex + Angry Chicken for the movement buff, but so far I think I need to get a Lacuni and put back Ambush Fetish Army.

Though, I am working towards 4 piece Zuni... just cause.

Question: will the Radient Start Emerald for the weapon for 15-16m be worth it... cause that's kinda how much I have at the moment... enough to postpone saving for more Zuni sets?

nah it wont, i would suggest using the 80 or 90% crit gem if you dont have the gold. 10-20% crit dmg increase is barely noticeable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]