Diablo® III

MONSTER Bears Builds (PTR+Stream Online***)

with this build how much minimun hp/dps/ar would be required to go through act 3 comfortably, not farming just for progression?
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Henano
with this build how much minimun hp/dps/ar would be required to go through act 3 comfortably, not farming just for progression?

im not quite sure, i didnt really go through it as progression because i funded it with my monk, but I've heard of players using this build and 'comfortably' clearing it with 30k dps 40-50k hp and 500-600 all resistances.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6413172811?page=1

there is a link to the original build/guide thread, it capped out on replies so i had to make a new thread, but if you want to sift through the pages there should be some nice testimonials in there.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 10/5/2012 5:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
found a pretty good follow combo for those having trouble aiming bears or surviving with this build.

Gear up your scoundrel with a buriza-do-kyanon and a star of azkonoth (chance to freeze on hit). you can get a pretty high amount of proc freeze on him, and since his moves pierce it will freeze tons of mobs, slowing them or freezing them in place to make things easier to chase , also the mobs will do less dmg because of being frozen/slowed.

Main thing to gear the scoundrel up is buriza+azkonoth, then give him 2 IAS rings so he attacks faster for more chances to proc. Skillset is Multishot and Crippling shot, other skills u can just chose whichever ones you want. Works pretty good, check out my profile and take a look at my scoundrel if you are still confused.
Reply Quote
Great thread Sound, definitely some interesting details in there. Just coming back to my WD after a long break.. trying to get back into the swing of things. If youre around and things are slow, scope me out I'd love to hear some critiques or pointers you have. Currently looking at my weapon cant decide if I like it or not (its a drop Ive had for a while) and really not sure whats considered top end as far as 1handers go for WD (been on my barb too long)

Definitely think I need more HP.. working on it. Anything you see needs changing around? Build may not reflect what I am currently using, in and out of games changing things up a lot.

My thoughts for the immediate future (I dont think my gear is finished by any means, and ignoring rings and ammy for now) are to move towards dumping IAS.. probably start with new gloves to pick up vit and all resists, and then maybe upgrade those zuni boots. idk.

On the follower issue, I am really enjoying the windforce/etlich combo but no matter the gear setup.. scoundrel is really useful for PTR
Edited by Giggs#1195 on 10/6/2012 5:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You get hellfire yet bro? Or you even bothering with the nerf?

Have fun in mp5 with your super interesting and unique playstyle aka bears bears bears bears and more bears.

Look i closed my eyes... More bears.
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 01:28 PMPosted by weesheng
Skillset is Multishot and Crippling shot, other skills u can just chose whichever ones you want.

Just a thought, wouldn't it be better to leaving the Crippling shot level skill 'blank' to maximise multishot uptime?

Yet another worthless thought from you - Crippling Shot / Poison bolts gets applied to the Multishot and doesn't interrupt it.
Reply Quote
You get hellfire yet bro? Or you even bothering with the nerf?

Have fun in mp5 with your super interesting and unique playstyle aka bears bears bears bears and more bears.

Look i closed my eyes... More bears.

thats right.

BEARRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

also I can farm up to power level 8 fyi. GG crying more crybaby.
Reply Quote
Skillset is Multishot and Crippling shot, other skills u can just chose whichever ones you want.

Just a thought, wouldn't it be better to leaving the Crippling shot level skill 'blank' to maximise multishot uptime?

well the proc rate on the freeze isnt huge, and he basically spams multishot already. The slow helps a TON, it keeps mobs from surrounding you and pounding your face in, and yeah what he said above, the slow is applied to the scoundrels attacks
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 10/6/2012 5:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I also used the scoundrel with the CC setup, but instead with windforce, puzzle ring (w/ +cold DMG), and star of azkonoth, bringing me to 6.0% freeze, 35% knock back and permanent slow with each arrow strike. Helps considerably with fast flyers and affixes, but sometimes the knockback effect gets me out of range for ZB. Definitely increased my survivability by a TON and farming A3 easier.
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Special
I also used the scoundrel with the CC setup, but instead with windforce, puzzle ring (w/ +cold DMG), and star of azkonoth, bringing me to 6.0% freeze, 35% knock back and permanent slow with each arrow strike. Helps considerably with fast flyers and affixes, but sometimes the knockback effect gets me out of range for ZB. Definitely increased my survivability by a TON and farming A3 easier.

yeah, i was using the WF on my DH's scoundrel, i noticed the proc chance was huge, but i thought about it and it would be annoyign with bears, the freeze chance seemed nice cuz it just froze mobs in place, which is nice for bears.
Reply Quote
stream up for tonight.

own3d.tv/monster12

debo is bad
Reply Quote
stream back up
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Hi guys I'm coming back for advice. I'm at the point where i can clear act 2 with ease, and I have no problems with white mobs on act 3. However every elite on act 3 is hard for me, it takes me ages to kill them so I run out of mana, I can't change the runes for mana regen or I die a lot, even though I have 50khp, 800 AR, 37K DPS.
Any thoughts or ideas of what can I do, or what I'm lacking?
Please take in count I have a very limited budget, so don't tell me to go upgrade mi gear to expensive pieces.
Edited by Henano#1240 on 10/7/2012 8:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi guys I'm coming back for advice. I'm at the point where i can clear act 2 with ease, and I have no problems with white mobs on act 3. However every elite on act 3 is hard for me, it takes me ages to kill them so I run out of mana, I can't change the runes for mana regen or I die a lot, even though I have 50khp, 800 AR, 37K DPS.
Please take in count I have a very limited budget, so don't tell me to go upgrade mi gear to expensive pieces.

try swapping grave injustice for blood ritual. Change healing journey on spirit walk to honored guest. With your dps you still should be able to kill any elites in around 30 seconds, which isnt 'ages', if you arent doing so then you are def doing something wrong in your gameplay. You can also try swapping out fetish army for a primary when you do go oom.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 10/7/2012 9:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
having trouble dying in A3, any advice would be greatly appreciated into build or what to look for in my next gear piece. wanna be gangsta
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 02:27 AMPosted by Ket
having trouble dying in A3, any advice would be greatly appreciated into build or what to look for in my next gear piece. wanna be gangsta

you have no pets in your build, which is a big contribution to why you are dying alot, you need pets to take the bulk of the incoming dmg. I would personally swap horrify with gargantuan/restlesness, horrify really is an insignificant spell really comapred to garg.

If you still have problems, you should raise your resistances, or try swapping mass confusion or fetish ambush for Zombie Dogs-Life Link
Reply Quote

I, too, had trouble with the transition from A2 to A3 until I switched to bears + toads (and getting a weapon with LoH). I sometimes have mana issues, but that's when I start kiting. There are some really bad combos with the elites, so are you just trying to nuke them? I'm by no means uber, but if you want hit me up for a game together.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]