Diablo® III

MONSTER Bears Builds (PTR+Stream Online***)

Hey Soundb. I used your original bear build as a starting point, and I've been playing around with the other skills, with mixed results.

One build I tried involved using zombie dogs w/final gift rune and sacrifice w/pride rune. The dogs seldom gave globes, but that was a smaller part of the equation. It helps with the buff, but the bigger thing was that with each sacrifice, that basically was instant full mana, not to mention that the dogs helped track down mobs that kited you and did some damage. I'm wondering if you tried this at all at higher MP and if this is viable.

Also, I wanted to point out that this build concentrates on high res all (700+) but does not stress +armor. I think that it's important to try to get a few + armor (or str) pieces to maximize EHP.
Reply Quote
so i've been looking around for a solid weapon and don't really know what I am doing lol. I don't know if I should sacrifice some dps to get mass stats I see several weps on the ah with 750-850 dps and 250+ int, vit, os, and crit dmg.....would I be better off having a wep with say 1000+ dps and little to no int? or no cd or no soc lol.....i mean i just dont know whats best
Reply Quote
Hey Soundb, you are doing a great job on this post. Unfortunate to see you had some problems with the old streaming community.
I speed farm through A3 very comfortably now, killing elites under avg 10sec.
Can you give me some advance on upgrades for the 1.05 patch if I am aiming to farming at higher P.lvl. Also I have saved up quite a bit of money for now, will I be better off spending those after the patch or before?
tks
Reply Quote
watched the stream for about 25min learned ALOT! Thanks for the stream!
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Reasoning
so i've been looking around for a solid weapon and don't really know what I am doing lol. I don't know if I should sacrifice some dps to get mass stats I see several weps on the ah with 750-850 dps and 250+ int, vit, os, and crit dmg.....would I be better off having a wep with say 1000+ dps and little to no int? or no cd or no soc lol.....i mean i just dont know whats best

http://theasiangamer.com/d3-damage-calculator/

just load ur profile into that, u can change the stats of ur weapon to see what are dps gains and what are dps losses. Usually higher DMG weapon is always going to end up higher DPS than a lower one with huge stats. The main thing is you pay a premium price for all the stats you are looking for with not so much high of a DMG range weapon.

ie a 900 dps weapon with 200vit 200int crit dmg and a socket will costs you hundreds of millions, whereas a 1100-1200 dps weapon with no stats and a socket will costs you in the 10s of millions, sometimes cheaper.
Reply Quote
Hey Soundb, you are doing a great job on this post. Unfortunate to see you had some problems with the old streaming community.
I speed farm through A3 very comfortably now, killing elites under avg 10sec.
Can you give me some advance on upgrades for the 1.05 patch if I am aiming to farming at higher P.lvl. Also I have saved up quite a bit of money for now, will I be better off spending those after the patch or before?
tks

you need high ehp accompanied with high dmg if you want to farm higher levels. just keep raising ar/vit while raising dmg. higher levels get easier in a group as well, as monsters only increase 70% i believe instead of 100%, so grouping will be the way to go for 9-10. As long as youre not carrying anybody and everyone pulls their weight it will be faster than solo.
Reply Quote
http://www.own3d.tv/Monster12/live/390036

stream up for tonight

doing group runs, stop by if you want to join in
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 10/8/2012 9:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
4xWD makes me smile.. visuals are awesome
Reply Quote
Jesus, killing elites in 2-6 seconds(with scoundrel 59k+ dmg), a full run in 30-40 minutes (depends in what mood i'm in) usually i'm farming with my gf(wd=> ranged-AC).

Swapped mass confusion to fetish ambush, it's pure ownage :o)

My farming build is the usuall build, with fetish ambush.

The first 15.000 elites i killed was with AC, was doing pretty good. Bears are better, especially when you play with a range wd.
Edited by Drglore#2496 on 10/9/2012 1:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Jesus, killing elites in 2-6 seconds, a full run in 30-40 minutes (depends in what mood i'm in) usually i'm farming with my gf(wd=> ranged-AC).

Swapped mass confusion to fetish ambush, it's pure ownage :o)

truth. WELCOME TO THE CULT! LOL
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 10/9/2012 1:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
<3's
Reply Quote
In regards to the weapon, Sound is right for two reasons:

1 high stats make everyone go THWAP THWAP THWAP and they HELP but there are diminishing returns on your dollar versus damage when you see a 850 with mad stats. It's a price thing because for other classes all they see is a stat.

2. Can't stress this enough, BLACK DAMAGE IS GOOD. Zuni boots and SoJ seem standard fare and losing bonuses to elemental damage in the long run is super wasteful. If half your damage is elemental and you have a cumlative 13% bonus you have lost 50% of the bonus. No big deal until you figure that's seven percent of upwards of 60k which is 2100 dps lost. Something to really think about in the long run ( and I know 60k is LOW BALLING a lot of builds )
Reply Quote
Messed around with Fetish Ambush today. What I find is that it's not always up and ready, even with GI. And I probably play about half the speed of Soundb and others.

Would chicken be better for the almost always on burst?

Sorry put this on a thread of it's own but thought it might get lost.

Thanks
Edited by vilehelm#1721 on 10/9/2012 2:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Messed around with Fetish Ambush today. What I find is that it's not always up and ready, even with GI. And I probably play about half the speed of Soundb and others.

Thanks

looks like you have 21 yard pickup radius, that should be enough to have fetish ambush more than 75% of elite mobs, unless you are using it on trash or killing trash mobs from far away.
Looks like you are running a ranged ghostbomb/acid cloud build as well, so since your killing monsters from range you are not getting the full effect of grave injustice, my bet is you're missing alot of cooldown reduction.

Our skills synergize alot with our build in this thread, since we are up close attacking always we get full benefits from our passives. You might need a little more pickup radius or adjust your playstyle if you want fetish ambush to be off cooldown more.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 10/9/2012 5:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
are we positive that fetish ambush hits for 250%x6 (# of little buggers)? it seems to in my experience but there is some debate... thanks bro
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 08:03 PMPosted by DethAxe
are we positive that fetish ambush hits for 250%x6 (# of little buggers)? it seems to in my experience but there is some debate... thanks bro

they do hit for that much, the arrea of effect around each fetish isnt huge , and seeing that all the fetishes dont summon in the direct same spot, you can come to the conclusion that if its not hitting hard, then you're not aiming it well.

You can notice this when you fight Vs big elite packs such as golgors or Phasebeasts, or the mace wielding guys in keep deths. It is very easy to just melt those guys with fetish ambush due to their large hit box. When you fight against mobs such as succubus, soul rippers, and the l ittle guys that the shamans summon, its much harder to get full fetish ambush damage out on those guys because of their tiny hitbox.

It definitely is the biggest burst DMG spell though. The only spell where I am able to 'one shot' elites with. If it was only 250% DMG for the entire summon then I would not be able to do that. The people who dont see the full benefit of it are just using/aiming it wrong, I've seen many people who just summon the fetishes nowhere near elite packs/mobs, you have to be directly ontop of them/in the mix, which is why its so good for this build, we are tanky enough to run in there and get the full benefit.
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 10/9/2012 10:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://www.own3d.tv/Monster12/live/390036

stream up for tonight doin some group runs
Reply Quote
cant wait to try this out, I run a similar build myself
Reply Quote

Thanks

looks like you have 21 yard pickup radius, that should be enough to have fetish ambush more than 75% of elite mobs, unless you are using it on trash or killing trash mobs from far away.
Looks like you are running a ranged ghostbomb/acid cloud build as well, so since your killing monsters from range you are not getting the full effect of grave injustice, my bet is you're missing alot of cooldown reduction.

Our skills synergize alot with our build in this thread, since we are up close attacking always we get full benefits from our passives. You might need a little more pickup radius or adjust your playstyle if you want fetish ambush to be off cooldown more.

Yeah, that could be part of it, but I use SH offensively. I just run into packs and explode and start dropping AC. But the radius could always be bigger, I downsized with my most recent Gloves.

Anyway, enjoyed the videos. Thanks.
Edited by vilehelm#1721 on 10/10/2012 1:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The way you stack damage to elite is awesome.I wonder how fast for elite with bear restless giant and Fetish.may be just bilnk eye.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]