Diablo® III

Someone trying to impersonate Blizzard

Hi admin, i would like to report a case of impersonator that is sending fake emails claiming from blizzard and trying to gain access to people's account. It appears that the sender is sending to random emails and has caught my attention that it might able to get it off cheating people who are not aware of this. Below is the link i have uploaded from print screen of the email content and the email of that hacker.

Do take a note on this issue and alert all of the diablo III user if however they received some notice like this to ignore it unless it might get messy.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-J4T871LK0og/UGFJk9kpApI/AAAAAAAAASs/AKLDkGf_qWw/s967/bliz.JPG
Edited by nicknicknick#1889 on 9/24/2012 11:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've been getting the same thing one says that I'm trying to sell my WOW account, kinda hard when I dont have a WOW account. The other saying that Im selling gold, I wish I had enough gold to sell
Reply Quote
7 Night Elf Druid
I have gotten this message too - it says I'm guilty of selling my Diablo III account... I don't have a Diablo III account, though. :)

If anyone gets this email, DO NOT click the link. I don't know if they come exclusively from this guy's email address or from others also.

Diablo III Account-Notice
<goguarddude@yahoo.com>
Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal Diablo III account(s).
As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.
It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:
(Link deleted for security reasons)

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

* First and Surname
* Secret Question and Answer
Show * Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.

Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Regards,

Account Administration Team
Blizzard Entertainment
Diablo III , Blizzard Entertainment 2012
Reply Quote
7 Night Elf Druid
I've gotten this same message twice now.
Reply Quote
I got it too on my other account which has the starter edition, btw they cant stop it because the person who is doing this can just make a new email they can only ban people from the game it self and the forum ect but they cant stop it i got that email many times i put a support ticket about it along time ago they said they cant stop it
Reply Quote
Got one too saying that i have a unknown plug-in and telling me to go to a website and put in my info and if i didnt i would get banned his name is DiabloGame
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]