Diablo® III

Clarification: non-Monster drops 1.0.5

85 Orc Shaman
Greetings!

I was just thinking about drops that arrive from barrels, chests, etc. and how the change to affixes will come into play.

For drops from monsters:

DMG and Armor will be based on the ilvl, period.
Affixes will be based on the monster level instead, unless the ilvl of the item happens to be higher than the monster level (in the case of MP0 A1+2 perhaps).

In MP1+, we can expect Affixes to be that of the level 63 mobs we're fighting, regardless of item level. But what about items that fly out of regular chests and barrels? Is it safe to assume that the MP1+ factor of mlvl 63's effect those objects as well? And if so, what happens in MP0?

Just wanted some clarification... I had a Keanu Reaves meme moment.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
So, two points:

• Environment objects like chests, barrels, and loose tiles (we call them "gizmos) will all benefit from the iLevel/mLevel change. In patch 1.0.5, items you get from gizmos will now have their affix level determined by the gizmo's level and not the item's level.

• In terms of Monster Power, gizmos will behave like monsters. At MP1+ in Inferno, gizmos in each act will be bumped up to level 63. (At MP0, nothing changes. They'll just keep their normal level, like monsters do.)
Reply Quote
View profile
What about crafting
Reply Quote
Sweet
Reply Quote
but still no benefit from MF right (aside from the Resp chest stuff)?
Reply Quote
A reason to click on weapon racks after all.
Reply Quote
MP10 weapon rack runs here I come!

lol
Reply Quote
Good clarification on this, but what about crafted items? Will ilvl 62 crafted items still roll at that level, or is there a plan to change how crafting works?

I do think something needs to be done to make crafting more viable..
Reply Quote
Will magic find effect gizmos?
I know that nephalim valor buffs scale with respendent chest, but does magic find from gear?

Also, does nephalim valor scale with other gizmo's besides the resplendent chest?

And numerically, how does nephalim valor scale with resplendent chests?
5 stacks = 75% MF bonus on the chest's loot and 1 guaranteed rare? or...?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/27/2012 10:26 AMPosted by Blackstream
What about crafting

Legendary items, vendor items, and crafted items from the Blacksmith will not be affected by the change. These items will have the same stats in 1.0.5 as they do currently in 1.0.4.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 10:32 AMPosted by Lylirra
What about crafting

Legendary items, vendor items, and crafted items from the Blacksmith will not be affected by the change. These items will have the same stats in 1.0.5 as they do currently in 1.0.4.

Better question - will crafting get fixed at all? (aside from what's in 1.0.5)
Reply Quote
Lylirra, if all enemies have the same drop rate of item level 63 equipment starting at MP1 and beyond, what exactly does Monster Power do to affect drop rates/quality drop rates at higher levels? What's the point beyond more EXP./challenge? Also, just to get a dead set clarification and confirmation, does this mean we can farm any act at MP1 and it will all be as efficient as farming Acts 3-4? Like it doesn't matter which Act we farm in any more, just whatever we prefer? Other than the higher amount of enemies in general in Act 3.

Oh, and thank you for fixing the buff icons next to party member portraits! I was the one who reported that issue. ^^
Edited by SOC#1607 on 9/27/2012 10:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
What about crafting

Any way to look into that before patch becomes live? because crafting was already almost worthless in 1.0.4 (and since launch really). It will become even more so in 1.0.5 if nothing changes in the crafting world.

Also for clarification. Legendaries that have "+x random affix" will NOT benefit from mlvl?
Reply Quote
What about crafting

I hope you guys rethink that. Crafting is lacking as is. This makes it even worse and who would have thought that possible.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVmbhYKDKfU
Reply Quote
Crap
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 10:34 AMPosted by Hypersonic
Better question - will crafting get fixed at all? (aside from what's in 1.0.5)

I'd like to see something craftable that's not directly competing with monster drops something unique to the blacksmith, I don't know it could be anything. I'm sure the community can come up with something using stuff that's already in the game so the design team wouldn't have to use massive resources in order to implement it.
Reply Quote
What about crafting

So, they will suck in the same way? Too bad, I hope in 1.06 you make craft more rewarding, in order to spend the time collecting mats.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]