Diablo® III

3 Ubers Down - Comment

Downed the 3 Ubers on MP10. Difficulty of the fights is not even. Some fights are simple for WW barbs and literally of faceroll difficulty assuming you have the DPS. Others require more thought and pretty strict DPS timers. A brief summary below

Screenshots (Pardon the amateurish quality)

Rakanoth and Ghom - http://i.imgur.com/a3aIB.jpg
Skeleton King and Maghda - http://i.imgur.com/4IOGB.jpg
Siege and ZK - http://i.imgur.com/cplLg.jpg (I forgot 5 stacks here)

Fights

Rakanoth and Ghom (Sword and Board. Buff DPS 120k) - Difficulty 3/10. Honestly this is a fight that you literally stack LoH and troll them to death. I died in the first run as I was too cautious and hit Rakanoth's enrage timer. My advice is to kill Rakanoth first followed by Ghom. Rakanoth hits hard while Ghom is simply a meatshield and poses little threat at all.

Tip - None. Snoozefest.

Skeleton King and Maghda (Sword and Board. Buff DPS 120k) - Difficulty 6.5/10. I was careful coming into this fight as I saw a stream and the toon was taking big damage. With a sword and board, this is again a very easy fight. Skeleton King's dash strike and PBAOE is pretty strong. There however are quite a few mobs for you to leech life off from. You start of the fight going after Maghda following which she would shield herself and would remain so until she is the only mob left. You go after Skeleton King and it's a straight forward WW fight. After he goes down the Maghda fight comprises of 2 phases which repeats. 1v1 against Maghda following which she would shield and cast adds. Rinse and repeat until dead.

Tip - Wear maximum mitigation vs Skeleton King and swap to DW vs Maghda.

Siege and ZK (DW. Buff DPS 180k) - Difficulty 8.5/10. This is a fairly difficult fight on 2 levels. Both are them are related to Zulten. Zulten would frequently cast a ground bubble which slows movement, regeneration and attacks. You need to kite Siege outside of the bubble if not you would not hit the DPS timer. When you have the opportunity, WW Siege. If there are bubbles around Siege, kite him away from the bubbles (if ZK is far away, hit him and Siege will follow). After Siege is down fight becomes simpler BUT there is a hard enrage. You need to kill ZK as quick as you can if not he would 1 shot you. Again, kite away from bubble if possible. ZK has this very annoying habit of cosying up in his bubble so you would have to lure him out. I died twice in this fight.

Tip - Wear maximum DPS gear. Fighting anyone with bash / frenzy around the bubble is not advisable and should only be done if no choice. You would not hit the DPS timer and ZK will one shot you.

Verdict
I much prefer going SnB for the first 2 fights. At no point in time did I feel I was close to dying. If Siege and ZK did not have a hard enrage, I would SnB this too. Overall fun fights and decently geared barbs should do well.Stack up on crit chance and IAS.
Edited by DAKKON#6113 on 9/26/2012 11:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Your gear is off the charts!! How much $$$ did you throw at this game?
Reply Quote
Awesome thread, thanks for posts! Guaranteed legendarys with 5 stacks?
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Foldz1984
Your gear is off the charts!! How much $$$ did you throw at this game?

LoL. If you think my gear is good, you should see my friend's gear. Previously #1 DH now probably top 5 barb.

To be quite honest, you can achieve the same result with a relatively budget barb although the DPS timers will be out of reach. Stack IAS / Crit. Gear - Helm of Command / Justice Lantern / Stormshield (ala 1.03 - Throw in TGods Vigor for more mitigation). Damage mitigation is very underestimated on this forum with alot of focus on LoH and LL.

09/26/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Hmilanian
Awesome thread, thanks for posts! Guaranteed legendarys with 5 stacks?

Yea, you are guaranteed the key if you kill the wardens with 5 stacks and (I think) guaranteed the crafting ingredient when you kill the Uber boss.
Edited by DAKKON#6113 on 9/26/2012 11:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i'm sure he didn't spend too much.... He has lots of elite kills. Probably just exploited the sh*t out of the game in the beginning like everyone else with godly gear.
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 11:46 AMPosted by Loaky
i'm sure he didn't spend too much.... He has lots of elite kills. Probably just exploited the sh*t out of the game in the beginning like everyone else with godly gear.

what if you didnt start the game till after those sploits were fixed?
Reply Quote
Rakanoth and Ghom (Sword and Board. Buff DPS 120k) - Difficulty 3/10. Honestly this is a fight that you literally stack LoH and troll them to death. I died in the first run as I was too cautious and hit Rakanoth's enrage timer

09/26/2012 11:17 AMPosted by DAKKON
I much prefer going SnB for the first 2 fights. At no point in time did I feel I was close to dying.

Huh? Were you dying or not?
Reply Quote
Are you defining "buff dps" as WOTB dps or just rage dps? Nice loots, is a legend almost guarenteed in these fights? Does my gear look well enough to do most of these fights? Ghom was easy for me lol
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 11:50 AMPosted by AxeLord
Rakanoth and Ghom (Sword and Board. Buff DPS 120k) - Difficulty 3/10. Honestly this is a fight that you literally stack LoH and troll them to death. I died in the first run as I was too cautious and hit Rakanoth's enrage timer

09/26/2012 11:17 AMPosted by DAKKON
I much prefer going SnB for the first 2 fights. At no point in time did I feel I was close to dying.

Huh? Were you dying or not?

I died once due to enrage as I was being very careful being my first time. Did not die in the normal course of the fight.

09/26/2012 11:46 AMPosted by Loaky

I started the game with a barb and he's my only level 60 character to date. When the game first launched, glass cannon DH's and Wizards were dominating the economy. Barbs had it #@% tough with the most common thread on forums being "How to get pass Act 2".

09/26/2012 11:50 AMPosted by ShawnD
Are you defining "buff dps" as WOTB dps or just rage dps? Nice loots, is a legend almost guarenteed in these fights? Does my gear look well enough to do most of these fights? Ghom was easy for me lol

Buff DPS includes WoTB. You however need to add 30% to this due to SoJ, which makes the ring pretty much a must for these fights. And yes, guaranteed crafting mats with 5 NV stacks on MP10 I believe.

I think you can run this but the timers would be a stretch at this point for you to hit.
Reply Quote
Confirmed by blue. 100% drop of Keys / Hellfire Ring crafting mats with 5 stack MP10.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712951823#16
Reply Quote
Another tip - Ditch Bash for Frenzy. You would need to DPS for some of the timers (especially against Siege / ZK fight). You would need to occassionally fight ZK in the bubble and frenzy > bash as far as DPS is concerned. Fury generation for frenzy at high crit levels is very good.
Reply Quote
what is snb?
Reply Quote
would u recommend stacking up on ehp or melee dmg reduction?
Reply Quote
you are my hero. I cant kill Zulle Uber. once he have half of blood, his debuff can kill me by one hit. lol
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 12:27 AMPosted by jek

melee for sure.
Reply Quote
View profile
how long did each of these fights take?
Reply Quote
hmm...thread necro. Note that the responses below is based on my fights when the PTR first came up. I have not tried the new content but I have heard it is harder.

10/05/2012 11:28 PMPosted by FTW
what is snb?

SnB = Sword and Board

10/06/2012 12:27 AMPosted by jek

To be quite honest, you need both but it depends on which Uber fight you are referring to. I very much favour melee reduction though.

Skeleton King + Maghda hit pretty damn hard. I wore full mitigation in this fight (TGod / Stormshield / Justice Lantern / HoC)

Rakanoth + Ghom is the easiest of the fights. I wore a shield here but I do not think it was really needed.

Siege + Zulten is the toughest. You need maximum DPS but still enough defense to fend of Siegebreaker's attacks.

10/06/2012 06:40 AMPosted by PhatPhoEater
how long did each of these fights take?

I can't really recall now but they do have hard enrage timers which is 9-10 mins.
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 04:04 AMPosted by ProKiller
you are my hero. I cant kill Zulle Uber. once he have half of blood, his debuff can kill me by one hit. lol

I need to test the new content. I heard it's harder.
Reply Quote
I'm stuck @ SB / ZK. ZK @ 12mn was my best attempt over 3 hours.

They upped the HP by 30% from the last patch.

EDIT:

SB has 207mn HP
ZK has 138mn HP.

Enrage timer is approximately 8.5 mins (510 secs).

This works out to an equivalent of 676k DPS to down. (340k if you can DPS them both consistently)

Wtf...
Edited by DAKKON#6113 on 10/6/2012 1:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]