Diablo® III

3 Ubers Down - Comment

Awesome work.

If you examine my barb, do you think I could hang with ubers? I can SnB diablo at mp10. (takes forever)

I just haven't had time to farm for ubers.
Reply Quote
Awesome work.

If you examine my barb, do you think I could hang with ubers? I can SnB diablo at mp10. (takes forever)

Doing Ubers at MP10 would be challenging. It's a very fine balance between DPS and mitigation (or EHP). Recommended buffed DPS is approximately 200k w/ SoJ to do Ubers at MP10. This is for WW-WoTB builds.

Enrage timer is the brick wall. But they do hit considerably hard as well hence glass cannon specs would not work.

You would probably need to work on lower MP levels for this iteration of Ubers. It's very challenging at the moment, which IMO is rightly tuned.
Edited by DAKKON#6113 on 10/7/2012 7:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Awesome work.

Doing Ubers at MP10 would be challenging. It's a very fine balance between DPS and mitigation (or EHP). Recommended buffed DPS is approximately 200k w/ SoJ to do Ubers at MP10. This is for WW-WoTB builds.

Enrage timer is the brick wall. But they do hit considerably hard as well hence glass cannon specs would not work.

You would probably need to work on lower MP levels for this iteration of Ubers. It's very challenging at the moment, which IMO is rightly tuned.

Yea. Even with a collective 1,000,000 DPS (accounting for the lone Wizard who could boost his DPS) in a four-man group, we still couldn't take down Kulle in time. ProKiller and Vincecomen, as godly as their Barbarians are, didn't have enough DPS for it somehow.

Even Skeleton King was a tough one. Mind you, it's not necessarily about the DPS at some points because it's about the damage mitigation too. Don't have enough of it? You're boned.
Reply Quote
As i mentioned earlier i haven't had a chance to look for them...(i'm not set on finding them in mp10)

as i'm a noob, what MP do they manifest, and what MP guarantees the drops?

and could i do it with my current gear?

edit for clarity
Edited by Bassius#1930 on 10/7/2012 8:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
As i mentioned earlier i haven't had a chance to look for them...(i'm not set on finding them in mp10)

edit for clarity

I strongly doubt you can do MP7, let alone MP10. The keys and organs are guaranteed to drop at MP10 with five stacks of valour.

They can be found at any MP level, but they aren't guaranteed below MP10, but the odds increase with each level, so long you have five stacks.
Reply Quote
Yeap. Skeleton King's PBAoE hits like a truck. From a damage perspective, that is the most intensive fight.

Overall, I really like the tuning of Ubers right now. MP10 should be extremely hard even for players with godly gear and it forces players to balance DPS / EHP. Tuning down Hellfire Ring was necessary as it really trivalized this portion of the content.
Reply Quote

edit for clarity

I strongly doubt you can do MP7, let alone MP10. The keys and organs are guaranteed to drop at MP10 with five stacks of valour.

They can be found at any MP level, but they aren't guaranteed below MP10, but the odds increase with each level, so long you have five stacks.

Bassius - I concur with this view. At this stage it's a tough gear check. Whilst I have not tried Ubers at lower MP levels, I would think that MP5 would be ok for you. Try this and tune it down and up accordingly.

Regarding keys and crafting materials for the ring, it's 100% at MP10 5 stacks and decreases from there. You would always need 5 stacks at any MP level for it to even have a chance of dropping.
Reply Quote
OP - you do know that SoJ 6% to cold dmg also gives 6% bonus to all dps if u have an all physical weapon, right? you could get a much better wep for a couple mill
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 09:21 AMPosted by BlueTaco
OP - you do know that SoJ 6% to cold dmg also gives 6% bonus to all dps if u have an all physical weapon, right? you could get a much better wep for a couple mill

My new main hand would be coming soon! The current weapon is just a placeholder for farming.

EDIT: Got it now.
Edited by DAKKON#6113 on 10/7/2012 9:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
whats yr gear setup when u go snb? and build? the old school snb build?
Reply Quote
That zoltan/siegebreaker fight is nasty. On mp8 I got siegebreaker out of the way then kulle enraged, next time I tried to get them both down together and siegebreaker enraged. Those slow time pockets + his teleport make the fight super hard for melee.

Btw Dakkon, words can't express how jealous I am of your soj and blackthorne ammy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]