Diablo® III

Torchlight 2 schooling Blizz in game design 2

09/23/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Lilit
diablo was fun loot and proper gear progression till you got to inferno too. wait till you get to end game of torchlight before commenting.

While I've not gotten to the end personally, I've seen enough videos and live streams of the few people that have and I gotta say, it's awesome. Dueling with friends, playing random maps from the map room, loot that is still fantastic or going on to the NG+ (where you replay the game and everything is leveled up appropriately for it to be a challenge again).

The last time that I played D3, I hadn't found any gear for my character in the past 8 to 10 levels, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING needed to be bought from the gold auction house or I had to grind for maybe 25 hours to just HOPE to get one item upgrade, many times with no results. In TL2, gear progression is done right and since there is no auction house in TL2, they can tailor the loot drops to the individual player instead of the whole mass of all of the players like what D3 does so that their auction houses will work.
Reply Quote
09/23/2012 05:55 PMPosted by SwayzesGhost
And now, especially with monster power, Inferno is *pointless*...There's literally no point whatsoever to it now.

Completely agree. The grind to 60 is far too tedious, and now there's no reason for their to be an inferno difficulty. The dev team tried to change a lot compared to previous Diablo games but in the end they seem to be trying to undo those poorly thought out changes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]