Diablo® III

Pandaland has a 3.3/10 on Metacritic

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria/user-reviews

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA!

Pandas dood!
Reply Quote
Forgot about MoP till i read this post.

Hmm... All reviews are either [9 & 10] or [0 & 1].

This game is either for diehard fans or "approved for ages Age 4+". To be fair, lets at least give it a week to see if the score changes. Its definitely a rushed released tho.
Edited by TheCursed#6888 on 9/25/2012 7:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
To be fair, and it's not that I'm a fan of WoW these days...there's a high possibility that those reviews all came from disappointed Diablo 3 fans just continously trying to flame Blizzard...not that they don't deserve it either. I've been disappointed with Blizzard as a whole ever since mid-WOTLK era.

Could even be from rageing Alliance players who got sick of trying to bypass the "Gyrochopper" bug BEFORE EVEN GETTING to Pandaria. It's possible. A lot of the early D3 bad reviews was because of Error 37. The Gyrochopper bug is almost the exact same thing.
Edited by Retloclive#1656 on 9/25/2012 9:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 11:38 PMPosted by Archangel
Metacritic user reviews are virtually worthless, it's all just fanboy/hater drivel.

Got ANY examples to back that statement up?

Most games are more accurately represented by the user scores than the critic scores.

How to read the overall player ratings:

9-10: Flawless -- Everything players expected
7-8: Very good -- Not a disappointment
5-6: Average -- A small disappointment
3-4: Bad -- Not nearly what players expected

To be fair, and it's not that I'm a fan of WoW these days...there's a high possibility that those reviews all came from disappointed Diablo 3 fans just continously trying to flame Blizzard...not that they don't deserve it either. I've been disappointed with Blizzard as a whole ever since mid-WOTLK era.

Could even be from rageing Alliance players who got sick of trying to bypass the "Gyrochopper" bug BEFORE EVEN GETTING to Pandaria. It's possible. A lot of the early D3 bad reviews was because of Error 37. The Gyrochopper bug is almost the exact same thing.

I found 4 users who rated Pandas 0 who voted Diablo III 0 in the 50 last reviews.
These guys always tended to give games 0-1, 5 or 9-10.
http://www.metacritic.com/user/tsavostfu

Do not forget that Diablo 3 players are very likely to be WoW players.

People giving Pandas 10 in the top 50 also have an equally large tendency to give Diablo III 10.
http://www.metacritic.com/user/kimremedio
Edited by Frostraven#1952 on 9/26/2012 12:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Lol at this person...
http://www.metacritic.com/user/kimremedio

Only voted twice in his/her life and both 10 points.
Reply Quote
I am unsure why so much press on metacritic, And I have been a long time gamer. I usually check amazon first if anything. My Ex has a Wow account, I sold mine after I noticed I was burning too much time at it. And then since she does not play much, I took it over... Back at my addiction I was attempting to fix. It did work well for two months though.

I watch these forums quite often, and heard of the D3 fiasco. I am downloading the starter edition ATM, and see how it goes. I am sure it will not show how Inferno is, but. I have always enjoyed the Blizzard games - a couple weeks ago I was playing the Lost Vikings (Did it on the PC though) and found Lost Vikings 2 off of the SNES and played it for like three nights straight until I got stuck. I did not have any Internet at this time. I should see if I can figure out a way to get past that level now.

I know ActiBlizz is a corporation.

There business is to make money.

They also know of RoI. (This is one thing I do wonder of in their company)
Reply Quote
World of Warcraft: Kung Fu Panda
Reply Quote
Well, here's the thing though...

On twitch.tv PandaLand has been in the highest viewed live streams being watched.

Personally, I think that metacritic is just a load of tripe with the way that people abuse it, both to knock down games as well as lift them up. I tend to prefer to either play the game myself (but I haven't played WOW in a few years now and don't really have any desire to pay to play an MMO anymore) or to at the very least, watch livestreams or youtube videos on the game to see if it's something I would like to play.

With that said however, PandaLand would / will NOT entice me back to WOW like Cataclysm managed to do.
Reply Quote
View profile
How many of you guys have actually played any of MoP?

I mean, I didn't initially plan on buying this expansion, but then I saw my fiancee getting into it and decided to give it a try. And thus far, everyone seems quite pleased with it. The new continent is beautiful and interesting, quests are more fun than they've ever been, the music is great, and yes, people are enjoying the Pokemon battles in this game.

Also, if you've had any experience playing Frozen Throne, the Pandarens really do come across as Brewmasters rather than Jack Black. I think the voice-acting helps in this regard, but the continuos alcohol references also help. I also am really looking forward to where they're heading with Garrosh's storyline.
Reply Quote
View profile
09/26/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Orion
I don't enjoy watching a franchise kill off every interesting feature in the game, and then replace them with useless !@#$ like pet battles and kungfu pandas

So to answer my question: No, you haven't played the game. Pet battles are actually a great addition, and if you're calling them kungfu pandas, you're obviously not familiar with the franchise, since Pandarians have been in Azeroth since Frozen Throne(yes, Warcraft existed before WoW).

honestly.. did they HAVE to make the pandas oriental?

Since they were oriental in Frozen Throne, makes sense to keep that consistent, wouldn't you think? Compared to the complete ret-con of the Dranei in order to make them work as a race in Burning Crusade, the lore and presence of the Pandarians makes a whole lot more sense.

BUT COME ON. If i want kungfu pandas ill go watch the jack black movie

Or, you could play Frozen Throne, which predates those movies.

And i watched some vids on the Pet battles. SOMEHOW blizzard managed to make it even more boring than pokemon (which i find incredibly simple and dull).

Suit yourself, I've always found Pokemon an enjoyable series, and many others seem to like it. If you look at games like Pokemon, Monster Hunter, FF XIII-2, etc, monster/pet collecting is an rpg element that is quite popular but mmos have neglected up till this point. It's also completely optional for those that don't like it.

Not to mention i could give a %^-* about an oriental themed panda land. I haven't really cared about new continents since BC.

So you just hate Asian themed games. Guess the game isn't for racists.

WoW is just bad. But too many people are stupid or addicted

I haven't played WoW since December, I gave Mists a try and it's been damn fun.

Still, thanks for proving my point that the people hating on the expansion haven't even played the game.
09/26/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Orion
Btw panda land is up to a 3.6 user rating based on 170+ user reviews.

And how many of those reviewers are like yourself and haven't even played the content?
Edited by Strawhat#1841 on 9/26/2012 11:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I doubt that I'll ever go back to WoW. Got tired of the gear treadmill. Got tired of setting fire to $15 every month.

Metacritic is fascinating, though. It's the classic case where people use it when it supports their argument, but blow it off when it doesn't. There needs to be a proper context when using the scores.

Is MoP a 3.6 game? No, obviously not. The same goes for Diablo 3 being a 3.8 game. That doesn't mean that they're a 10, 9, or 8 game either. Both games are somewhere in between.
Reply Quote
View profile
09/26/2012 12:37 PMPosted by Orion
I'm not at all racist.. There was literally nothing about pandarens in WoW before this release, and it simply doesn't fit the setting.. Not even in wc3 was it appropriate in the setting. WHICH I PLAYED.

'Literrally nothing'? The garb they wore in Frozen Throne was obviously Asian, the names of any of the Brewmasters that you could buy in the Tavern were obviously Asian. Here's the link in case you need help refreshing your memory: http://www.wowwiki.com/Pandaren_Brewmaster

Again, everything with the Pandaren's has been kept consistent with what was in Frozen Throne. Seems your problem is with Warcraft 3 more than WoW.

Pokemon battles should stay in Pokemon games.. There's enough of them anyway

Good game ideas can be in more than just one series. Just because you can't enjoy good gameplay doesn't mean it should be denied to everyone else.

Why don't you read the reviews yourself.. Every single one of them actually played the game.

You're giving a review of MoP, and you admit that you haven't touched the game. Also, 'every single one of them'? Check Denmoor's review:

"Blizzard became a greedy, **** company. Diablo 3 was a spit in the face, and this is the last straw. I wonder how many times people gonna eat the same recoloured, casual turd?"

Seems to be just like you: judging MoP based on their feelings over Diablo 3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]