Diablo® III

DBoy Helping Barbs Gear For New and End Game.

11/27/2012 05:10 PMPosted by DBoy187
Important Update: I am now working with Trinxified in the services. He has been doing an amazing job with helping the service and has made some very nice sets. We will be working on sets together in the future. So now on you can add either Me or Trinxified#1614

Hey Everyone!

After making 2 very productive Threads, and helping so many learn to gear and play with the barbarian class. I am coming back for the 3rd time to help you guys gear your barbarians for end game or atleast in the right direction toward end game gearing.

The first Thread I made was in July and you can check it out Here!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6201690197?page=1

I started this to help people gear and learn some things about the barb, I was really seeing alot of stressful threads on the forums about people not understanding why they could not get anywhere in inferno. The thread quickly was maxed out so I began my next Thread that can be found Here!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6307502317?page=1

If your looking for information and advice please check this second link out, I have posted an Entire Page of alot of things I have learned over the previous months of experiencing with different gear and different builds. For new players I believe this would be very helpful if your just getting started into inferno. Also keep in mind these guides may be quite out of date as many things have changed during the course of the game, but a majority of the information is still valid and can give you an idea of what to aim for.

UPDATE: 11/14/2012
Alot of you have been requesting this guide to building a WW barb with Low and Mid range budget so I created a Thread just for you guys. If anyone has any request for a guide please let me know and I will try my best to create one. I am currently working on a few other guides but deeply doing some research before I release them.

DBoy's Quick Guide on How To Gear Your WW Barb.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004448070

I am creating this thread to Help Barbarians Gear up and Destroy the game!
I have learned soooo much over the past few months from helping people and just playing and experiencing with the game. I have tried so many different Builds and Gear, From Sword and board to Double Tornado WW, 2 handers and even the throw barb. Also continue to try out new skills and builds every day, no skill is deemed useless until I atleast give it a shot!

Currently I play a 175k Unbuffed Dps Double Tornado WW Spec Mainly, But Also have a 260k Unbuffed Dps Frenzy Spec which I play mostly when co-oping with friends.
I am still playing and farming as much as possbile Im only at 25k+ Elites killed, which about 15k of them were from back before July when I started to help people, So I deffinetly want to get that number up and start working more towards paragon level 100.

So with that being said, if you need a Gear set made for your Barbarian, No matter what type of style you wish to play, I can help!

Budget must be atleast 100Mill+

But, If I am slow and not doing anything I will Help gear under that amount also. If your wishing to get help with a Set from me Please Add me In Game, or send me and Email.

Battle Tag: DBoy187#1339
Email: DBoyDiablo@yahoo.com

Please leave a description of the type Of build your wanting and the Budget.
For Example: WW Build, 100Mill Budget

Estimate Budget Needed For Each MpLvl

100Mill Mp3-4, 200Mill Mp4-5, 300Mill Mp5-6, 400Mill Mp6-7, 500Mill Mp7-8, 1Billion+ Mp 9, 2Billion+ Mp10

Mp 9-10 is a huge jump in monster health, it goes from 1755% on Mp8 to 2457% on Mp9 and 3439% on Mp10. So the budget will significantly increase from these levels.

Again this is just an estimation It still could take more or less and hugely depends on your skill with the class,spec and gear.

I am going to be focusing on playing the game Alot more than I have been so I cannot really focus on this thread as much as I like so please do not ask me, Advice on gear or Tell you which items to Upgrade or if your gear is Good or Not.

Also please dont add me and then tell me about how you have been scammed and you cant trust anyone with your gold or items, I will not waste my time at all if you can not trust me. Before I started doing these sets I had not built a name for myself and I offered to make sets with my own gold if it was not to much, of course plenty of the guys were legit but also had many of them not have the gold after the set was done, I even got scammed from helping someone with a set! 100Mill at that! But I Guarantee you have never Met anyone like me. I dont know about what type of people you met previously but its Loyalty over Royalty. I do have a job work over 50Hrs a week, im not a teenager trying to be the best player in the world if I wanted to take your gold Or gear I would just spend a couple hundred of my real money before doing that. Of course I want to upgrade my own set but Im not so tied up in having the Best of the Best gear it does not matter to me Id rather help you guys, I'll eventually get BIS items for myself and hard work pays off believe me I know. I also strongly believe in Karma and what you do to others will come right back on you. You can read over my previous post and see Feedback and what type of jobs I have done and also check to see what type of budgets I have been given. Currently the biggest gear build I have done Cost roughly 2,700,000,000 and it took me awhile to Bid on items and perfect the build and the guy was extremely happy. Here is a link to the guys profile and if you want to add and talk to him thats fine also.
Created 11-17-2012
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/ubermann-1223/Ubermann/1823838

Also My gearing services are 10% of budget, Please keep in mind I do spend many hours searching, sniping and bidding on the AH. I also have my brother and a RL Friend who helps me snipe deals and bid on items if im unable to be online at the time of the ending bid. In fact most of the gold I make goes towards helping my brother and freinds gear up. This is not just a buisiness for me to try and make gold because I cant make it in the game. I have farmed many hours and earned most of my gold by actually playing the game. Yes I have spent real money for some items but was mostly money I made from playing the game. Ive made approx 5000$ to be honest. Yes its a little extra gold coming in for myself, But other than that I guess you can just say gearing is sort of a hobby of mine. Same as playing the game except when I get bored of farming then I go gear others. I love to get deals on the AH and I will show you the deals I get if I gear your barb, I offer Any and Everyone a Proof of purchase screenshot.

Thanks! And Most of All Have fun playing the game!
Edited by DBoy187#1339 on 11/27/2012 5:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
For anyone who wants to know Double tornado barb in 1.05 is still viable with a axe in main hand. Mp lvl 10 is pretty insane even at 300k dps with wotb it still takes forever to kill elites, but it is not to hard to keep wotb up about 80% of the time with no fury regain passives. Loh will still work also just might need a little more than before 1500-2000 should be enough if you can get some life steal also and a little lower you would be fine to.
Reply Quote
What time are you online? I'm in a completely different time zone to USA... :D
Reply Quote
Hey DBoy, I sent you a friend request. If you could help me upgrade my gear so that I can get thru inferno, I would really appreciate it. ATM I keep getting killed on act 3 inferno.

WW, just wanna get thru inferno so not that much.
Thx.
Edited by MunzEversor#1115 on 9/27/2012 9:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Can you review my guy

keep in mind im a double ww barb farming a3 so any upgrades will need to be on the appropriate level.

my budget is 500k per piece
Edited by Petraeus#1331 on 9/27/2012 9:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Im on Central US time zone.

The rings and amulets I believe are going to be the most significantly changed in 1.05 but I still believe even decent gear before 1.05 will still be good after the patch. Also the new rings and amulets are going to cost a fortune during these first months of the patch anyways and yes people will be coming back also so they will still be unreachable with just a casual gamers budget.

Remember when 1.05 first dropped, all legendaries were very highly priced and they have yet to come down.
Reply Quote
@DBoy187 If you will ever be also on euro server let we know....Thx
Reply Quote
@DBoy187 I m looking for some tips on my dual wield barb with 20-30 mill budget, looking mainly to get thru act 3/4 and with a little game plan for new patch. Anything we should buy before new patch rolls out that will help while we do current patch?

thx
Reply Quote
What is my most cost effective upgrade at this point ignoring amulet/ring as those will be replaced by 1.05 items.
Reply Quote
Ignoring ammys/rings is my best upgrade a better offhand? Budget is about 200m per piece; more if it's truly exceptional

Also, i don't want to be lured into the lacuni bracers for movement speed trap as decent lacunis are ridiculously expensive (>500m)
Reply Quote
Edited by acrimony#1561 on 10/3/2012 11:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I added you, I struggle in Inferno.
Reply Quote
Acrimony Idk what to tell you bro your to pro lol, all you need is a nice str/vit vile ward to complete your set. Also in the new patch rings will have 6% crit chance and amulets will have 10crit chance and 100crit dmg.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 05:15 PMPosted by DBoy187
Acrimony Idk what to tell you bro your to pro lol, all you need is a nice str/vit vile ward to complete your set. Also in the new patch rings will have 6% crit chance and amulets will have 10crit chance and 100crit dmg.

I know. I need to decide what to do =/
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Lorenze
What is my most cost effective upgrade at this point ignoring amulet/ring as those will be replaced by 1.05 items.

Honestly buying rings and ammys with nice stats before 1.05 isnt a bad idea, people are going to be trying to get rid of thier nice jewelry for cheap right now in hopes of that when the patch comes they are going to buy some godly stat ones. Think how expensive a ring is gonna cost the next few months with 6% crit chance 60Ar and 150 str. Or an amulet with str, 10% critc and 100% crit dmg. Plus the rich guys are gonna buy them up so quickly, honestly Id buy the 1.04 ones now before 1.05 hits and your stuck buying one with low stats regardless. There is a chance that the Economy could be flooded with nice jewelry though but thats highly unlikely think about how hard it was to find them before now and the last few days I have been seeing tons of great jewelry and ive been buying them up for cheap.
Reply Quote
Rings will ne SoJ+Hellfire ring (this item is seriously OP), I can't see any other viable substitute for these two.

Ammy's are a whole different matter altogether.
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 08:06 AMPosted by DBoy187

Honestly buying rings and ammys with nice stats before 1.05 isnt a bad idea, people are going to be trying to get rid of thier nice jewelry for cheap right now in hopes of that when the patch comes they are going to buy some godly stat ones. Think how expensive a ring is gonna cost the next few months with 6% crit chance 60Ar and 150 str. Or an amulet with str, 10% critc and 100% crit dmg. Plus the rich guys are gonna buy them up so quickly, honestly Id buy the 1.04 ones now before 1.05 hits and your stuck buying one with low stats regardless. There is a chance that the Economy could be flooded with nice jewelry though but thats highly unlikely think about how hard it was to find them before now and the last few days I have been seeing tons of great jewelry and ive been buying them up for cheap.

Funny you say that, this is actually the 3rd amulet ive had in the same week. I was able to sell the previous back at about what i paid. Right now i have no intention of upgrading my ring and amulet as i plan to grind out a hellfire ring asap and i will be patient in buying a good 10 CC amulet.
Reply Quote
Yeah but the average player wont ever be able to afford them Im just saying dont blow your whole stash on a ring right now but if you can a good cheap deal on one now why not go ahead and get it. Eventually its going to lose serious value but that may take a few months if you can find a really nice one. I see one on the Ah right now for 40mill would of been worth 100+ maybe a week ago everyone is holding out for those new ones.

Dakkon your Soj is gonna be Bis for some time, its just increasing in value daily. Lol
Edited by DBoy187#1339 on 9/28/2012 9:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
hi dboy remember me? u helped me out with my barb's gear back in august. was at 50k DPS buffed then. i just followed ur advice & ur guide.. im now at 103k DPS buffed. got lucky w/ some drops & bought great items on AH. thanks again for ur help w/ the barb community! to everyone who hasnt met this guy yet, i can vouch for him. he's a good guy & wont scam anyone for some measly gold. hes already rich he doesnt need your gold. LOL. anyway, keep up the great work dboy! see u in patch 1.05 brother!
Edited by Raze#6458 on 9/28/2012 9:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]