Diablo® III

DBoy Helping Barbs Gear For New and End Game.

Sure, just add me in game And I can try to help you as soon as I can. I seen a ton of things you can do to upgrade your Dps. As for your health you may want to invest in a new Ik chest your missing out on a bunch of vitality there im sure you know that though. They are quite expensive.
Reply Quote
Hi DBoy,

I got some advice from you a while ago (that helped a lot) and now I have reached another plateau around the 100-110k damage mark. I have 130M to spend and was wondering what sort of changes you would suggest for that money. I can currently farm keys pretty well on MP6. I would like to step the MP up as far as possible and maybe have a crack at some ubers at decent MP levels. Would love to be able to carry a couple of friends if possible.

Was thinking along the regular lines IK Chest/Mempo/Innas Temp/Ice Climbers/Vile Ward, but I don't think that I would get a drastic improvement. I could see myself spending the 130M and only getting an extra 20k damage, but I thought that you would be able to do better for me.

What sort of results do you think that I could expect for that sort of budget?

Thanks
Reply Quote
Just read my post and thought I might need to add a couple of things.

When I say higher MPs it is really just for keys and ubers (and generally beating things up), I understand lower MPs is where it is at for XP and Loot. I currently farm MP0 so my current gear does that ok. Obviously more speed is always better.

You can see from my profile that I am running a very standard WW/DT build. I have some 70Str/9AIS/3CC Lacunis and a 160Str/9AIS/4.5CC/Socket Andy that I use for farming lower MPs.
Reply Quote
Oakover, add me in game I can help you get some better items. If you getthe pieces you mentioned with just 130mill you will be forced to get low quality rolled ones and you wont see much of a difference. I would almost replace everything with that budget and you would notice a big difference.
Reply Quote
Just dinged 60 and sold my Dh gear and switched to barb, Is there any glaringly obvious flaws with my items that would be easy fixes? Not including bracers im getting lacunis soon
Reply Quote
Thurix, everything looks ok, maybe can afford to drop the Ar on amulet and get cc/cd there also once you hit 100k Dps switch to Ls on offhand. I might also look for gloves like 150Str 8%ias,10%crit and armor or fire resist.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 01:44 PMPosted by DBoy187
Oakover, add me in game I can help you get some better items. If you getthe pieces you mentioned with just 130mill you will be forced to get low quality rolled ones and you wont see much of a difference. I would almost replace everything with that budget and you would notice a big difference.

Hi DBoy,

I have sent a request. I am in Australia so it might be hard to sync up, but we will have to see how it goes. Over the weekend it will be easier.

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Hey DBoy, I am grinding hard right now for my gold, most of it just coming from gold on the ground, and vendoring items. Here is my barb

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/Shinobi_soldier/Screenshot018.jpg

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Teebs-1197/hero/652806

I am comfortably farming mp5 right now; I would like to get an idea of which pieces i should upgrade to avoid wasting gold. I am getting ready to drop 2 mil on the hellfire ring pattern and try to get a run as cheap as possible. should i be putting my money elsewhere, or is this a worthwhile investment? I have 3 machines that I farmed today.

Right now I feel like I need more raw dmg, and more attack speed (although I haven't looked over the details of break points that people are talking about). How should I go about getting these? When I look at the auctionhouse everything that is reasonably priced seems to replace a piece that I have AR on with something that has no AR, and I am already getting low on that.

I am using a lot of life on hit. I had a leech weapon in my oh, but i had no survivability with it. I think my dmg is too low to use leech right now. at what point should i consider making the switch.

Thanks,
Teebs
Reply Quote
@Teebs.

Here are some recommendations that I would be looking into as far as upgrades. First off, I'd be breaking up the set bonuses as each item you have is a bit subpar and in reality, holding you back. Either the gloves or helm, or both could be easily upgraded with set or rares with AR. The gloves in particular should have another damage multiplier such as IAS or CD. If you can't get AR on them, you would still be able to afford a much higher damage pair, for cheap. Both the chest and pants are hurting you also in my opinion. Core stats, along with the 2 set bonus pales in comparison to some basic rare high vit, low-mid str, mid AR, max socket pieces. Keep an eye out for replacements for these.

Same goes for all your jewerly. Ideally, you want CC on every piece, specially the ammy since it can roll up to 10%. Other damage multipliers on jewelry only add to your raw damage output. Keep an eye out for good average damage, critical chance, and primary stat pieces in the AH. Crit damage and attack speed on top of those base search stats are gravy. More crit, more damage, more health, more fury = profit. Typical minimum goals should be 40cc:400cd, and 2.00 breakpoint for attacks/second.

Next comes the weapons. I'm sure you know that you're missing a possible 200% crit damage from lack of sockets, which is a ton of additional damage. If you're going to continue as a WW build, first thing I would do would be to get rid of that offhand and get something cheap with mid level crit, some base stat like str/vit(or both), Life Steal, and socket. If you can't afford anything with stats, that's ok for the time being. Remember that tornadoes are based off the Main Hand weapon only so dps on the offhand shouldn't be much of a concern but higher will help with WW damage so keep that in mind. Look into swords and daggers for this slot, IAS mod here to help with hitting breakpoints should be noted. You're also approaching a DPS level that will allow you to get off the Loh so losing that 799/hit isn't going to hurt you as bad as you think. Change Animosity passive to Bloodthirst if need be to supplement for a few levels/gear changes.

That's a start anyway and should keep you busy for a while :) Good luck to you!

Edit: As far as the Hellfire pattern goes, if you're on a severely limited budget, I wouldn't recommend it for now. 2M is a lot to put down on a recipe that only gives you a very small chance at something decent. Hellfire rings in general will hurt your overall dps and only should be worn if you've got the gear to supplement it. Throw the biggest ruby you've got in your helm and the para levels will come quick enough.

/end ramble
Edited by Sedi#1653 on 12/13/2012 7:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
Gonna add you in game tonight when I'm home. Just wondering if the mp levels - gold ratio in the op is up to date. I have 300m to spare so could I expect to run mp5-6 with current state of AH?
Reply Quote
Hey guys struggling a bit with my barb. Just got started playing again and got what I could with the limited gold that I have. Not to sure what gear would be the best to replace I have a little right now and I just keep trying to farm I can do mp2 alright with a friend but anything above that and my dps is just to low so I was looking for a recommendation or 2 where the best place to start would be.
Reply Quote
Hey Dboy,

I hit 60, found a 200m ring sold it and geared up as you can see on my profile. I want to try the ww/sprint spec as I heard it's more efficient and faster. I have 48m left, and I'm willing to spend 40m. Can you help me in gearing, since I don't know which item to replace or not. If I need to sell any of my gear to hit the 100m mark I can do that also.
Thanks
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 08:20 AMPosted by hyduk
Gonna add you in game tonight when I'm home. Just wondering if the mp levels - gold ratio in the op is up to date. I have 300m to spare so could I expect to run mp5-6 with current state of AH?

Most definitely it will let you do Mp5+, even if starting from scratch.
Edited by trinxified#1614 on 12/13/2012 9:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 08:52 AMPosted by Gyrik
Hey guys struggling a bit with my barb. Just got started playing again and got what I could with the limited gold that I have. Not to sure what gear would be the best to replace I have a little right now and I just keep trying to farm I can do mp2 alright with a friend but anything above that and my dps is just to low so I was looking for a recommendation or 2 where the best place to start would be.

Upgrade to high str shoulders. All jewelry needs CC and hopefully combined with some Average damage, Crit damage, or Increased Attack Speed. You can also get crit chance on the bracers and helm so I'd upgrade those also. No CC = WW build epic failure and minimum goal should be at least 40%. You've got a ton of AR which isn't really needed so don't worry about losing it. Your primary values on all jewelry/glove pieces should be damage multipliers, anything else is just a bonus stat.

Socketless weapons gimp your dps big time.
Reply Quote
its not expensive out there you just need to take care with what you purchace. i did my barb for under 7 mil plus the boots, helm and ammy i picked them up with monk. and i can do mp7
Edited by mEnTaL#6849 on 12/13/2012 11:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I got a mempo and sold it for 3mil to buy a few things. I upgraded the red gems in my chest, as I found out that almost all barbs are using 3 socket chest, I will have them forever. After watching the AH with my remaining 2mil I picked up this oh for 1.5 and threw a green gem in it. I think my next move is to just keep combining gems as i get gold to increase that crit chance. I also found a set of IK gloves with AR on them for next to nothing, so I picked those up as well. Thanks for your Help!

*Of course I bought the red gems before finding the weapons, I would have gotten the green gem upgraded further had i done it the other way around. I don't think it is worth the 15% anymore though to sell and redo it

new stats
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/Shinobi_soldier/Screenshot019.jpg

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Teebs-1197/hero/652806

@Teebs.

Here are some recommendations that I would be looking into as far as upgrades. First off, I'd be breaking up the set bonuses as each item you have is a bit subpar and in reality, holding you back. Either the gloves or helm, or both could be easily upgraded with set or rares with AR. The gloves in particular should have another damage multiplier such as IAS or CD. If you can't get AR on them, you would still be able to afford a much higher damage pair, for cheap. Both the chest and pants are hurting you also in my opinion. Core stats, along with the 2 set bonus pales in comparison to some basic rare high vit, low-mid str, mid AR, max socket pieces. Keep an eye out for replacements for these.

Same goes for all your jewerly. Ideally, you want CC on every piece, specially the ammy since it can roll up to 10%. Other damage multipliers on jewelry only add to your raw damage output. Keep an eye out for good average damage, critical chance, and primary stat pieces in the AH. Crit damage and attack speed on top of those base search stats are gravy. More crit, more damage, more health, more fury = profit. Typical minimum goals should be 40cc:400cd, and 2.00 breakpoint for attacks/second.

Next comes the weapons. I'm sure you know that you're missing a possible 200% crit damage from lack of sockets, which is a ton of additional damage. If you're going to continue as a WW build, first thing I would do would be to get rid of that offhand and get something cheap with mid level crit, some base stat like str/vit(or both), Life Steal, and socket. If you can't afford anything with stats, that's ok for the time being. Remember that tornadoes are based off the Main Hand weapon only so dps on the offhand shouldn't be much of a concern but higher will help with WW damage so keep that in mind. Look into swords and daggers for this slot, IAS mod here to help with hitting breakpoints should be noted. You're also approaching a DPS level that will allow you to get off the Loh so losing that 799/hit isn't going to hurt you as bad as you think. Change Animosity passive to Bloodthirst if need be to supplement for a few levels/gear changes.

That's a start anyway and should keep you busy for a while :) Good luck to you!

Edit: As far as the Hellfire pattern goes, if you're on a severely limited budget, I wouldn't recommend it for now. 2M is a lot to put down on a recipe that only gives you a very small chance at something decent. Hellfire rings in general will hurt your overall dps and only should be worn if you've got the gear to supplement it. Throw the biggest ruby you've got in your helm and the para levels will come quick enough.

/end ramble
Edited by Teebs#1197 on 12/13/2012 2:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
I managed to get DBoy to gear me for 500Mil.. I would say, he did an excellent job! my dps managed to break the 100k mark! and furthermore, i can survive in mp8!! DBoy even guided me on what skills to use with my set..

Thanks for gearing me, DBoy!! Will look for you again if I need any regearing!!
Reply Quote
Thanks Onime, I still want you to contact me when you get enough to upgrade your mainhand. That will give you a ton more Dps. If you feel your survivability is good you can be on the lookout for on simular but just look for Str and Crit damage instead of lifesteal if you wanted to run with the bloodthirst passive. But since you where looking for a tankier set Id suggest keeping the Ls on your weapon so you can use a defensive passive.
Edited by DBoy187#1339 on 12/15/2012 11:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Look no further if ure a barb and looking on ways to improve your barb,whether it be gearing or tips or various barb builds,just go straight to dboy. He is just awesome.
He helped me to gear my barb for a rather cheap price and its just wonderful! I didnt expect to be able to farm high mps lvls but i actually can. And im enjoying playing my barb farming or levelling,hunting keys,etc.
Two thumbs up for you dboy!
Reply Quote
Trinxified, I been tryin to contact you it seems were never online at the same times. Can you email me so I can talk to you easier. DBoyDiablo@Yahoo.com
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]