Diablo® III

DBoy Helping Barbs Gear For New and End Game.

I'm at I think 180k unbuffed and want to break 200k unbuffed. What would you recommend and what prices?
Reply Quote
Pabrt, just enter all of your stats on D3rawr.com and compare items to see what will increase your dps best. i would start with your jewelry, helm, boots, gloves. Since these arease give you the highest Dps mods. You should also be able to link items in game and compare to your current gear.

Btw why do you have such low str on helm and high Ar when you can get iceclimbers with 250+ str and comes with Ar. Not sure how the zunimas will compare to 250 str iceclimbers but they may be better. A mempo would be nice if you can afford a high str crit one.
Reply Quote
DBoy187,

I need some advice. I quit July 1st and I still have $200 USD in my b.net wallet, what should I buy? What's the meta build now?
NOTE: My Barb is NAKED.

Before I was your cookie cut 1h+shield tank barb...killed stuff very slowly.
Edited by coldcuts#1289 on 12/14/2012 9:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
If I were you I would wait till you see gold drop to about 28cent/1mill and buy 200$ worth, thats the lowest ive seen it go so far. And If you need help gearing, add me in game and I can try to help you as soon as possible. Im very busy Atm but am slowly getting there.

I would probaly either go Ww or Hota hybrid seems to be the quickest and most efficient.
Edited by DBoy187#1339 on 12/16/2012 9:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
Sedi, Thanks for answering questions and helping these guys out.
Reply Quote
Need some help.

Kind of have an idea of what should be done.
- I can increase my DPS by a ton just by making minor upgrades to my ring and amulet.
- I lack Crit Chance
- Lack Hitpoints
-Can upgrade my boots easily
- Too much Crit Damage! My obsession for crit damage made my gear a little unbalanced!

But heres the prob:
-Mempo w/ Crit, very expensive (for me at least)
-IK Triumph does not have AR, or Ias.
- Lacunis with Crit chance and AR are expensive, although I can get one w.o AR
Reply Quote
Need some help.

Kind of have an idea of what should be done.
- I can increase my DPS by a ton just by making minor upgrades to my ring and amulet.
- I lack Crit Chance
- Lack Hitpoints
-Can upgrade my boots easily
- Too much Crit Damage! My obsession for crit damage made my gear a little unbalanced!

But heres the prob:
-Mempo w/ Crit, very expensive (for me at least)
-IK Triumph does not have AR, or Ias.
- Lacunis with Crit chance and AR are expensive, although I can get one w.o AR

Its great to get Vit and Life% on jewelry but you want to mainly focus Dps modifiers on them. You want to get the bulk of your health from, chest/pants/shoulders/helm/boots since these items cant roll with huge Dps mods its best to just stack high stats.

Also you want a minimum of 45-47% Cc unbuffed, Cc is the fuel to your Fury gen so make sure you dont skimp yourself here. Its even better than stacking tons Crit damage.

Just work on getting your defensives to a comfortable level. 5/5/5 is a great goal to start. 500Ar, 5k armor, 50k health. Afterwards start adding the rest all to your Dps.
Reply Quote
Hey, so i've read pretty much every page and finally made it to then end :P I like all the positive feedback so i'm pretty sure you'll be able to help me as well.

If you view my profile and check my barb. What would you recommend me upgrading and would you have something I can buy off you that would upgrade me? I'm looking for a next upgrade. I'm easily farming mp2 act 3 but would like to solo ubers.. "Having a heck of a problem against them for some reason". I can solo elites at mp5 but ubers no way.

I have a 315mil budget. What would you recommend?
Reply Quote
Hey, so i've read pretty much every page and finally made it to then end :P I like all the positive feedback so i'm pretty sure you'll be able to help me as well.

If you view my profile and check my barb. What would you recommend me upgrading and would you have something I can buy off you that would upgrade me? I'm looking for a next upgrade. I'm easily farming mp2 act 3 but would like to solo ubers.. "Having a heck of a problem against them for some reason". I can solo elites at mp5 but ubers no way.

I have a 315mil budget. What would you recommend?

The first mistake I see you doing is you have 24% Ms yet your useing blood funnel. Hurricane should help you dodge enemies better so you dont need so much sustain. Your main source of healing is the sprint tornados proc Ls. Also your health is a bit low, you may want to just stick with a rare chest for now until you can afford an Ik with around 200Vit or 90vit, 11% Life. Innas are also a problem for those who dont have the right gear to benefit from them, vitality to make up for them. You need to check your tornado breakpoints and gear accordingly. Your amulet has a ton of health but no Dps. Boots/belt/gloves and bracers have no Ar. You need to get high Ar on atleast 2 of these pieces.
Reply Quote
Yo Dboy, can u check out my build ,any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
DboY, losing 70K EHP for 14k dps
worth it?
Reply Quote
Hey there DBoy! I see that you're helping out the community and thats awesome, im wondering if you could tell me what i should change for my gear/stats/skills, and maybe tell me what follower is good for farming. Cause right now im farming act 3 Mp2 not really struggling but kind of.. thanks :)
Reply Quote
Axl, your chest and pants have very small amounts of vitality these can roll up to 300, this explains your low health if you can get higher ehp on these pieces you should notice a huge difference in survivability. Also if your planning on making the most out of the ww spec you need to get a faster offhand. Dont even pay attention to the Dps just get a sword or dagger eith as much Str, crit and Ls as you can with a socket.

Korlic, it depends on how much your needing ehp. Your Dps is 190K unbuffed? I didnt check your diablo progress but Id say you may want to balance out your ehp also.

Zenetick, same as above your Chest has little vitality but you got the right idea with your pants, I see to many people useing Ik chest with to little vitality. If your wanting the Ik 2 piece get other pieces like belt/helm.

If you guys can get 500vit from your chest/pants and then another 100-150 on shoulders/ bracers, some on boots. Then Ik helm or Mempos with Life% and a socket this is your entire health pool. That leaves gloves, jewelry, weapons to focus All Dps.
Reply Quote
DBoy,

I need advice on gear upgrade. Im looking for 180k unbuffed while trying to increase my EHP. Prefer to keep my SS and around 100m to spend.
Reply Quote
Hey, it's cool to see someone helping us new players so well.

I've got about 50M to spend.
I'm able to clear MP5, but it's slow. MP2 is fast and easy.

My survivability is fragile, and my dps is only around 50k unbuffed.
I'd love to be able to clear MP6 quickly.
Suggestions?
Reply Quote
you guys all came to the right spot......Dboy is a very well known and respected gearset builder. He built a set for me many moons a go and ive modified as i went. very good guy and an asset to our community
Edited by Reasoning#1112 on 12/16/2012 9:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
@DboY
well my dps without battlrage is 143k and my ehp is 560k i think
Reply Quote
what should i be looking to upgrade next?

edit: i know the shoulders could be better, but i went with the pickup radius option and do not regret it
Edited by clive#1897 on 12/16/2012 10:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hi DBoy, very nice advices man, but I don't know what my next upgrades should be.

I've a 300M budget, any advice would be much appreciated.

I'm from EU: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Furby-2179/hero/359308

tyvm
Reply Quote
Hey DBoy, any hope for my barb? I can't seems to solo mp5.
Link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Starry-1497/hero/28930441
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]